talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Diego Costa - Wolves Latest Club To Be Linked

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Costa is as clinical as a striker gets. His move back to Atletico wasn't a good move for him and he was pretty poor. Think he would do well for Wolves just don't think he suits their style of football. Any clue how big the fee would be? 

10 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Costa is as clinical as a striker gets. His move back to Atletico wasn't a good move for him and he was pretty poor. Think he would do well for Wolves just don't think he suits their style of football. Any clue how big the fee would be? 

Is he? To me a clinical striker is a pure finisher, an Aguero type who racks up big tallies. Think Costa only got 30, or close to, once in his career? He's more a physical presence who can destabilise defences with his presence and link up well with other players. I'm not sure he's what Everton need, they already have a workhorse type in Calvert-Lewin, I think they could do with a  pure finisher.

• The title was changed to Diego Costa - Wolves Latest Club To Be Linked
  • Subscriber

13 minutes ago, True Blue said:

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/wolves-confirm-matt-doherty-injury-the-diego-costa-transfer-rumour/

4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Is he? To me a clinical striker is a pure finisher, an Aguero type who racks up big tallies. Think Costa only got 30, or close to, once in his career? He's more a physical presence who can destabilise defences with his presence and link up well with other players. I'm not sure he's what Everton need, they already have a workhorse type in Calvert-Lewin, I think they could do with a  pure finisher.

Hard to compare anyone at this moment to Aguero, for Chelsea in 120 games he score 59 goals. Goal every other game, pretty good maybe went bit aboard with the "clinical"

15 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Tbf there’s only one other player in premier league history that has a goal record with a similar kind of longevity in England to Aguero, and that’s Thierry Henry - who’s probably the best ever striker to play in our league. There are plenty of clinical strikers that are not as clinical as Aguero

• The topic was locked

Archived