talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Making Music

football forum

15 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

I am not as confident anymore. I got back another version and it sounds a bit worse for me, but I have faith in my producer. A tad nervous though in truth.

Don’t put out a song you aren’t happy with tbh. It’s your art, you should be satisfied with the final product you’re putting out over anyone else. Keep working at it until you’re happy with it, unless after listening to it several times you change your opinion on it and you are happy with it.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Don’t put out a song you aren’t happy with tbh. It’s your art, you should be satisfied with the final product you’re putting out over anyone else. Keep working at it until you’re happy with it, unless after listening to it several times you change your opinion on it and you are happy with it.

Echo this. If you feel like it isn't ready or you don't like the sound of something then its not worth putting it out. You will always be your biggest critic.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

What's the translation on the cover mate?

Baby if you choose me.

Bachata is a romantic music genre from the Dominican Republic. I'd say the 2nd most popular Latin genre after Reggaeton.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

After having a listen to the record I went and did some reading on the core principles of Bachata music and found this.

https://www.iasorecords.com/release/bachata-breakdown-en-vivo

Interesting how the syncopation system works and for anyone that wants to try and understand the music so playing along with it or singing to it as well. 

5 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

After having a listen to the record I went and did some reading on the core principles of Bachata music and found this.

https://www.iasorecords.com/release/bachata-breakdown-en-vivo

Interesting how the syncopation system works and for anyone that wants to try and understand the music so playing along with it or singing to it as well. 

I recommend listening to Romeo Santos (the king of Bachata) and Prince Royce. They might not have the most natural bachata sounds (they do like to mix genres a lot) but they give you a feel of the genre well. If you want something more natural, try Monchy and Alexandra.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I just found out about this great man and his great website. Loads of cabinet impulse responses that sound really good... all for free! https://seacowcabs.wordpress.com/

Actually it looks like I've downloaded from him before and just don't remember it. But his Mesa-Marshall (the Meshall) IR is really really nice.

So I invited a bunch of people to the stream with the song, and now I'm getting flooded with overwhelmingly positive comments. I didn't think it was quite THAT good and I'm extremely happy people like it heaps. 

Don't get me wrong, I really liked the final mix but I was still somewhat unsure because I'm my biggest critic. Now I have a huge confidence boost and I can keep at it :D

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

So I invited a bunch of people to the stream with the song, and now I'm getting flooded with overwhelmingly positive comments. I didn't think it was quite THAT good and I'm extremely happy people like it heaps. 

Don't get me wrong, I really liked the final mix but I was still somewhat unsure because I'm my biggest critic. Now I have a huge confidence boost and I can keep at it :D

This should be available on Spotify and Apple Music by next week latest.

• Subscriber
On 13/05/2020 at 09:53, Inti Brian said:

Great stuff

On 14/05/2020 at 10:49, Mel81x said:

@Dr. Gonzo

Listen to the sync here thought you might find it interesting.

That was cool! I’d never heard of this band, but turns out they’re about 30 min north of me. So when the world goes back to normal, I’ll go see if they’re doing any local shows.

Prog’s one of those things though where I can’t listen to it for more than about an hour for some reason. Idk why, maybe it makes me think too much? 

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That was cool! I’d never heard of this band, but turns out they’re about 30 min north of me. So when the world goes back to normal, I’ll go see if they’re doing any local shows.

Prog’s one of those things though where I can’t listen to it for more than about an hour for some reason. Idk why, maybe it makes me think too much? 

I heard that they were slotted to come to India before whatever has gone down has gone down so a bit bummed but just like you I can't do prog for too long because to me it gets a bit repetitive.