talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Making Music

football forum

3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I think my spider 75watt amp has a 12" celestion speaker 🤔 it sounds good loud but if you push it to gig loud it breaks up and sounds crap 😂 ..yeah, i love the Machine Head tone but this little bastard is just not delivering and i use on 20watt mode too 😂 i know Machine Head have modded there heads, i think changing the tubes will change the tone from what i've watched and read ..got it in my front room now sat on my 2x12 cab, it's just not punchy enough for my taste, does a great AC/DC tone but chasing more of a dual rectifier tone without breaking the bank 😂 thudding punchy lows with clarity and an evil tone

Yeah, think Glenn and i are at different ends of the spectrum lol, he rubbed me up the wrong way shitting on Line 6 gear when it does in fact sound decent, i can get everything from Mashuggah, Pink Floyd, Bon Jovi, Metallica, Slayer, Sabbath, Priest and great cleans too 

I think if you knock it down to the lower wattages, you'll be able to turn the volume up a bit more which should give you some of that lower end thump you're probably missing.

I don't think Glen's ever really even reviewed your era of Spider amps xD - how old is it? Mine definitely didn't have a "real" guitar speaker!

Mooer finally got back to me! They told me to give it a factory reset through the computer... I did that and my problem is much worse now xD - it powered down for the factory reset, but now it's just looping through what it shows on the screen when you turn it on. So it looks like my time with the Mooer GE200 has come to an end, sadly.

Shame, as I thought it was quite an impressive bit of kit for the money. But I've basically been told "you've been out of warranty for a while now mate, if you want a working GE200 order a new one of Amazon."

46 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think if you knock it down to the lower wattages, you'll be able to turn the volume up a bit more which should give you some of that lower end thump you're probably missing.

I don't think Glen's ever really even reviewed your era of Spider amps xD - how old is it? Mine definitely didn't have a "real" guitar speaker!

Mooer finally got back to me! They told me to give it a factory reset through the computer... I did that and my problem is much worse now xD - it powered down for the factory reset, but now it's just looping through what it shows on the screen when you turn it on. So it looks like my time with the Mooer GE200 has come to an end, sadly.

Shame, as I thought it was quite an impressive bit of kit for the money. But I've basically been told "you've been out of warranty for a while now mate, if you want a working GE200 order a new one of Amazon."

On the lower power setting's it sounds thin, you lose tone in my opinion, you know how long i've been messing with this thing 😂 i've almost got it ok sounding but always feel like it's just missing something 🤔think some effect pedals through the cleanish green channel might be an option too or one of them boards

That's crap mate 😬 hope you can get it sorted. what you going to get if it's totally fucked? ..for the price that valeton gp200 looks a good bit of kit even if it only lasts a few years, my Maxon overdrive i had was about £175 on it's own 😂 ..i ended up selling it because that's too much for what it did for me. best OD i've used but still..

This is my Spider 3 75watt

Here's what Line 6 say about the Spider III 75 watt combo

Spider III delivers detailed amp models based on some of the greatest guitar sounds ever created. To keep these sounds authentic, we kidnapped some of our favorite artists to dial in each amp model. Now you can rule the stage with the Insane model with its truly massive gain or explore your sensitive side in the studio with the Clean model. It's all up to you.

FEATURES
12 Custom Amp Models from Clean to Insane
7 Smart Control FX (up to 3 simultaneous) including Tape Echo, Sweep Echo, Standard Delay (all with Tap Tempo) Chorus / Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo and Reverb
250 Artist-created presets
150 Song-based presets
Plus 36 user programmable presets
Built-in front panel tuner
12" Custom Celestion Speaker

AMP MODELS

Clean
Red LED - Select this Amp Model and adjust the tone controls to get crisp, amazing clean tones, great warm jazz tones, and all the high-end shimmer you'll need with a generous amount of bottom end.

Glassy
Green LED - We developed this Amp Model to emulate those late 60s and early 70s clean tones. It started off as an Amp Model based on a 1973 Hiwatt Custom 100. We extended the tone control range and tightened up the low end.

Twang
Red LED - This Amp Model draws on our analysis of mid 60s Fender amps, including the blackface 65 Twin Reverb and blackface 64 Deluxe Reverb. We wanted an Amp Model that has that classic glassy high end tone, with some snap and bite.

Twin Twang
Green LED - This Amp Model is based on a number of vintage tweed amps. We evaluated a 53 Fender tweed Deluxe Reverb, 58 Fender tweed Bassman and a 60 Gibson Explorer to create a swingin Rockabilly tone.

Blues
Red LED - Based on a mix of a 65 Marshall JTM-45, a 58 Fender Bassman, a 63 Fender Vibroverb and a Supro, this Amp Model slides between gritty swamp-infected cleans to syrupy smooth, walloping drive tones.

Class A
Green LED - This Amp Model is based on a fawn Vox AC-30 amplifier with an updated and expanded tone control circuit. We wanted to capture that early British pop rock tone that the Beatles and the Stones are so well known for.

Crunch
Red LED - This sound was crafted during our studies of the 68 Marshall Plexi 50 Watt. This type of Marshall amp was used by a number of early metal bands. Crunch provides a wider range of tone control settings than the original Marshall amp had.

On Fire
Green LED - This Amp Model is based on a 68 Marshall Plexi 100 watt with a few added extras; The combination of a Variac and the jumped input channels creates that infamous brown sound.

Metal
Red LED - This Amp Model is based on the Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier. Use this Amp Model to get a tight and punchy, high gain Metal sound.

Spinal Puppet
Green LED - This sound was created to be an aggressive high gain Amp Model with a unique Mid control that will sweep though an entire spectrum of tone on one knob. The Mid knob for this Amp Model changes the character of the distortion. When set to minimum, the distortion exhibits Fuzz pedal characteristics. When the Mid is set to noon, it mimics the creamy modern high gain amp tones. And when the Mid knob is turned up to max, it's very much reminiscent of that Class A sound.

Insane
Red LED - This model is our 'dialed in for shredding' version based on the Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier red channel. It combines the intensity and impact of Metal Red, but delivers more midrange and teeth for that bone-crushing, brain piercing insane grind.

80s Solo
Green LED - Our goal with Insane was to provide you with as much input gain distortion as possible short of complete meltdown. You get an obscene helping of distortion, while still retaining tonal definition and character.

EFFECTS
A great amp isn't the only part of a great guitar sound. With Smart Control FX, an exclusive Line 6 feature that automatically dials in different effect parameters, you spend more time playing and less time tweaking. Simply find the effect that you want, turn the knob to your desired intensity, and you're done. You can even use multiple effects at the same if you wanna get really crazy.

Effects Models (Up to 3 effects simultaneous)

Phaser
Chorus / Flanger
Tremolo
Sweep Echo
Tape Echo
Reverb

INS & OUTS
When you're playing with your band on stage just drag the Spider III on stage and crank it up. When it comes time to record, use the headphone / direct out and plug it straight into the mixing board for world-class POD 2.0 direct tone used in pro studios and stages everywhere! You can also use the same out with headphones for practicing in your bedroom. Want to play along with your favorite songs? Plug into the CD / MP3 input and you're good to go.

CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE OPTIONAL EXTRA FBV EXPRESS FOOT CONTROLLER

Features Summary

• 12 Custom Amp Models from Clean to Insane
  • 7 Smart Control FX (up to 3 simultaneous) including Tape Echo, Sweep Echo, Standard Delay (all with Tap Tempo) Chorus/Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo, and Reverb
  • 250 artist-created presets
  • 150 song-based presets
  • Plus 36 user programmable presets 
  • Built-in front panel tuner
  • 12" Custom Celestion Speaker
  • Dimensions: 20.5L x 17.25H x 10.75D
Specifications

Loyalty Points

Delivery

Edited by Happy Blue
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

On the lower power setting's it sounds thin, you lose tone in my opinion, you know how long i've been messing with this thing 😂 i've almost got it ok sounding but always feel like it's just missing something 🤔think some effect pedals through the cleanish green channel might be an option too or one of them boards

That's crap mate 😬 hope you can get it sorted. what you going to get if it's totally fucked? ..for the price that valeton gp200 looks a good bit of kit even if it only lasts a few years, my Maxon overdrive i had was about £175 on it's own 😂 ..i ended up selling it because that's too much for what it did for me. best OD i've used but still..

You know... maybe what you're missing in general is just the slight changes in the circuitry they made to the mini head to get as close to a 6505 as they could put in a small package? Looking online just now... it seems a lot of long-time 6505MH users are saying the same thing about their amp as you're saying about yours - that they can't quite dial in the 5150 tone they're looking for in on the MH, but they can dial it in perfectly on the full sized amp.

Speaking of Mini Heads, have you seen the Soldano Mini30? Unlike the Peavey 6505MH, it's 100% solid state with no valves... and in all the videos I've seen that demo it, it sounds really really impressive. Obviously gotta take those videos with a pinch of salt, right, cos of what I said earlier - if I ever see one of those in a store in real life though I've got to try one out because getting Soldano tones out of a cheap little amp head would be pretty great. But I tried the Friedman BE Mini (same sort of thing with the Friedman BE100 shrunk down into a solid state amp head) and I thought it sounded like dogshit xD

I do like the look of that Valeton - can't really argue with the price at all. My only concern is if I spend even 100 quid on something and it dies after a few years, I get annoyed because I'm a cheap fucker... and my Mooer experience over the past week has been pretty fucking frustrating. Whereas the 2 times I've ever needed to deal with Line6 support, I've managed to get the problem fixed in literally minutes after contacting them has me thinking... it might be worth it spending a bit extra for something I know the company will be providing good support if I have any issues.

But Valeton's a different company, so maybe they've got better aftermarket support than Mooer? I figured Mooer's one of the bigger Chinese music brands nowadays though so if they don't have great support... Valeton probably doesn't either? I also like how frequently Line6 makes updates to things & that they've got a large community that they listen to... when I had the Helix they had some updates that genuinely made the thing better sounding and easier to use. So that's another reason why I think I'd be okay spending more for a Line6 modeler.

So I'm leaning towards either the PodGo we were talking about a few weeks back & the HX Stomp. I was thinking about getting a Helix LT again, but honestly... I don't think I need something that expensive or large. I make pretty simple rigs in these modelers, so I don't really need the full fledged expensive options, and I like the smaller ones because I'm a lazy piece of shit xD

I like that the HX Stomp has a good amount of processing power & you can make stereo rigs - I don't think I'd miss some of the more advanced routing options of one of the bigger Helix's. I also like that the PodGo has a good amount of footswitches (probably my biggest complaint about the GE200 was there weren't enough footswitches to truly get the most out of it) - but I think the biggest complaint I've seen in PodGo reviews is it's pretty quick to maxing out it's processing power. With the simple rigs I put together, though, I'm not sure that would really be an issue for me though?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You know... maybe what you're missing in general is just the slight changes in the circuitry they made to the mini head to get as close to a 6505 as they could put in a small package? Looking online just now... it seems a lot of long-time 6505MH users are saying the same thing about their amp as you're saying about yours - that they can't quite dial in the 5150 tone they're looking for in on the MH, but they can dial it in perfectly on the full sized amp.

Speaking of Mini Heads, have you seen the Soldano Mini30? Unlike the Peavey 6505MH, it's 100% solid state with no valves... and in all the videos I've seen that demo it, it sounds really really impressive. Obviously gotta take those videos with a pinch of salt, right, cos of what I said earlier - if I ever see one of those in a store in real life though I've got to try one out because getting Soldano tones out of a cheap little amp head would be pretty great. But I tried the Friedman BE Mini (same sort of thing with the Friedman BE100 shrunk down into a solid state amp head) and I thought it sounded like dogshit xD

I do like the look of that Valeton - can't really argue with the price at all. My only concern is if I spend even 100 quid on something and it dies after a few years, I get annoyed because I'm a cheap fucker... and my Mooer experience over the past week has been pretty fucking frustrating. Whereas the 2 times I've ever needed to deal with Line6 support, I've managed to get the problem fixed in literally minutes after contacting them has me thinking... it might be worth it spending a bit extra for something I know the company will be providing good support if I have any issues.

But Valeton's a different company, so maybe they've got better aftermarket support than Mooer? I figured Mooer's one of the bigger Chinese music brands nowadays though so if they don't have great support... Valeton probably doesn't either? I also like how frequently Line6 makes updates to things & that they've got a large community that they listen to... when I had the Helix they had some updates that genuinely made the thing better sounding and easier to use. So that's another reason why I think I'd be okay spending more for a Line6 modeler.

So I'm leaning towards either the PodGo we were talking about a few weeks back & the HX Stomp. I was thinking about getting a Helix LT again, but honestly... I don't think I need something that expensive or large. I make pretty simple rigs in these modelers, so I don't really need the full fledged expensive options, and I like the smaller ones because I'm a lazy piece of shit xD

I like that the HX Stomp has a good amount of processing power & you can make stereo rigs - I don't think I'd miss some of the more advanced routing options of one of the bigger Helix's. I also like that the PodGo has a good amount of footswitches (probably my biggest complaint about the GE200 was there weren't enough footswitches to truly get the most out of it) - but I think the biggest complaint I've seen in PodGo reviews is it's pretty quick to maxing out it's processing power. With the simple rigs I put together, though, I'm not sure that would really be an issue for me though?

You could be right, i'm sure the power & pre amp tubes will be different too 🤔i need to do more research. i could also run the Valeton through the effects loop on the green channel because some of them tones in that video above sounded great, it had the soldano in that and it had a great tone, i will just use the 6505mh to power my board 😂 ..the 5150EVH on the Valeton might fix my problem too 🤔 it has a lot of different amp models so sure id find one that works good for me

Reading through the spec of my spider 3 i suddenly realised  that the setting i use is this - (Red LED - This Amp Model is based on the Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier. Use this Amp Model to get a tight and punchy, high gain Metal sound.) 😂 that's the dragon i'm chasing on the 6505mh 🤣 so i'm playing the line 6, getting a killer tone then change over to the 6505mh and going blah!!!! this should sound better, it's a valve amp and cost twice as much lol 

PodGo looks amazing, has more editing options if you can justify the price and it's probably going to last a long time, my spider 3 is still working perfectly and it must be 15 years old and paid £200 for it in 2007  ..i've never seen the HX Stomp but Line 6 make quality gear so you really cant go wrong  ..think i'm going for the Valeton clearly because of price and it does enough for me otherwise id be going for the PodGo 

6 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You could be right, i'm sure the power & pre amp tubes will be different too 🤔i need to do more research. i could also run the Valeton through the effects loop on the green channel because some of them tones in that video above sounded great, it had the soldano in that and it had a great tone, i will just use the 6505mh to power my board 😂 ..the 5150EVH on the Valeton might fix my problem too 🤔 it has a lot of different amp models so sure id find one that works good for me

Reading through the spec of my spider 3 i suddenly realised  that the setting i use is this - (Red LED - This Amp Model is based on the Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier. Use this Amp Model to get a tight and punchy, high gain Metal sound.) 😂 that's the dragon i'm chasing on the 6505mh 🤣 so i'm playing the line 6, getting a killer tone then change over to the 6505mh and going blah!!!! this should sound better, it's a valve amp and cost twice as much lol 

PodGo looks amazing, has more editing options if you can justify the price and it's probably going to last a long time, my spider 3 is still working perfectly and it must be 15 years old and paid £200 for it in 2007  ..i've never seen the HX Stomp but Line 6 make quality gear so you really cant go wrong  ..think i'm going for the Valeton clearly because of price and it does enough for me otherwise id be going for the PodGo 

I suspect the pre-amp tubes would be the same - it could be different power tubes it's using, or more likely less tubes for the power section. I think I read somewhere that they made some changes to the circuit of the amp as well to get it to "sound right" in a smaller format. I can't find that anymore though - but I have no idea if that's perhaps the reason you're not liking the 6505 or not.

I think that Valeton sounds great. Tbh, none of the modelers I've heard in the last few years actually sound... bad to me. They all sound pretty good - and if you're using your 6505MH for the power section and a real cabinet as your cab section... I think you'd be very happy with the Valeton.

I'd probably be considering one a bit more seriously if I wasn't a bit put off by my Mooer experience! But the amount of features that thing has for the price is seriously impressive. It's cheaper than the GE200... but it's got way more features and better I/O... better looking PC software too (not that how the Mooer software looks really matters, because it's so easy to use and that's really what's most important - but they had to spend time and money to make things look nicer for the Valeton, so impressive they could do that and keep the cost so low).

I bet you'd be happy with one and with that price... if it lasts you 2 years or more with no problems, that's a fucking bargain.

I know people that have those red bean shaped Line 6 PODs from waaaaaay back in the day that still work xD - so my guess is the PodGo would last a long long while. I'll probably be ordering one later this week if I can't make the GE200 go back to normal only cos I'm a bit weary of the Chinese brand modelers after mine.

The cheap bastard in me though is very interested in the Valeton though... but I think I'll probably go with Line6's competitor despite the price just because I've had good experiences with the Helix & Line6 in general. Having owned a Helix kind of lets me know what I'll be getting in terms of the sound from the PodGo, so I feel like that's a safe buy for me.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm curious... what's the hate part of that relationship like? I'm curious because I absolutely love Jacksons - definitely because of their necks. But that's definitely something that's very much the player's personal preference - I like Ibanez and Jackson for using very thin necks... but Jackson's necks aren't quite as thin as Ibanez ones, which feels better to my hands, and the compound radius fretboards are just great for comfort/playability.

Even the super cheap Jacksons I've played had really great necks (although the fretwork was a bit rough on the very cheapest ones)... and those X Series Jacksons (my current Jackson, which is for sure my favourite guitar, is an X series) are excellent value for money imo. The Pro series and above are all... outstanding guitars too.

I actually think they're a lot like Ibanez tbh - at all price points, I think they make fantastic guitars. And the "cheaper" ones present some great value - whereas the more expensive premium stuff I feel like you get the quality and craftsmanship you'd want if you're spending that much on a guitar. Tbh I feel the same way about Schecter and ESP/Ltd.... but I just generally prefer Jackson and Ibanez necks - especially compared to Schecter necks which can be chunky as fuck tbh.

Every two years or so I'll say yeah I want a Jackson and not just any Jackson a Rhoads Jackson which is the only one I can actually stomach (sorry @Happy Blue). And thrice now I have gone into a store to try one out (p.s. this store is very very far away so I make a day trip out of it) and then I'll go there and say no matter what I am walking out of this place with that guitar. The reasons below are why I have passed on them thrice.

First Time

That body is very nice to look at but in practicality's sense it just doesn't work for me. I like the neck, love the form-factor but then you get that neck dive which I have some discomfort with. I tell myself I'll get over it and I say just get one and you'll make it happen. I then walk around the store and find a second-hand Telecaster and now i'm stuck. I let it go and go home with the Tele. Because its a tele and we don't get the super nice ones here very often and this is an op I can't pass up.

Second Time

My jazz bass's tuning peg comes off so I go into the store and they have a King V hanging in the corner. The owner tells me that its a great guitar (which guitar store owner wouldn't) and then he proceeds to tell me that he'll cut me a deal. So I say sure, go out for a coffee while they fix the peg and when I come back I think this is it I am going to get one. Only to then walk around the store again and this time I pick up a Marcus Miller Sire Bass instead. P.s. That bass is imo one of the best value for money instruments you can buy but it requires you to treat it with a lot of careful handling and it is heavy. The tone however is very nice and its actually retired my Fender Jazz. So, strike two.

Third Time

I was going to be teaching someone's kid how to play bass over the summer just before the pandemic so I figure I need to get an instrument he can learn on as most parents will go out and buy a guitar that will ruin the experience. I want something cheap but I also want to be able to use it later if I want to. I find a really nice Squier in another shop that is closer to home. I then see this 

JAC-2910147522.jpg?v=1598600699

And I think yeah its time I have f'ed around too much with this unhealthy habit of not buying these guitars and tell the guy i'll come back in two weeks to pick it up. He says its okay because no one touches these guitars here so it will be around. I get busy and three weeks pass but I go back and now the guitar is sold. 

I'll own one before I kick the bucket I am sure but when is the question. I keep telling myself this is the year but it just doesn't seem to happen. I also think if I got one I'd probably spend a lot more time in a different genre of music just because it lends itself very nicely to hard rock and metal. This is all my mom's fault really. When I was learning and very young the guy in the music school I went to had a Jackson in this really nice purple finish and I thought it was one of the best things I'd ever seen. I think that's where the strange love-hate comes from and why I am able to pass them up so easily instead of just saying I want one and being done with it. I could just order one online but I generally like to try what I am playing especially with electric guitars as I've found over time that buying something online isn't all its cracked up to be with these brands we dont get here so often (Fender and Ibanez excluded). 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Every two years or so I'll say yeah I want a Jackson and not just any Jackson a Rhoads Jackson which is the only one I can actually stomach (sorry @Happy Blue). And thrice now I have gone into a store to try one out (p.s. this store is very very far away so I make a day trip out of it) and then I'll go there and say no matter what I am walking out of this place with that guitar. The reasons below are why I have passed on them thrice.

First Time

That body is very nice to look at but in practicality's sense it just doesn't work for me. I like the neck, love the form-factor but then you get that neck dive which I have some discomfort with. I tell myself I'll get over it and I say just get one and you'll make it happen. I then walk around the store and find a second-hand Telecaster and now i'm stuck. I let it go and go home with the Tele. Because its a tele and we don't get the super nice ones here very often and this is an op I can't pass up.

Second Time

My jazz bass's tuning peg comes off so I go into the store and they have a King V hanging in the corner. The owner tells me that its a great guitar (which guitar store owner wouldn't) and then he proceeds to tell me that he'll cut me a deal. So I say sure, go out for a coffee while they fix the peg and when I come back I think this is it I am going to get one. Only to then walk around the store again and this time I pick up a Marcus Miller Sire Bass instead. P.s. That bass is imo one of the best value for money instruments you can buy but it requires you to treat it with a lot of careful handling and it is heavy. The tone however is very nice and its actually retired my Fender Jazz. So, strike two.

Third Time

I was going to be teaching someone's kid how to play bass over the summer just before the pandemic so I figure I need to get an instrument he can learn on as most parents will go out and buy a guitar that will ruin the experience. I want something cheap but I also want to be able to use it later if I want to. I find a really nice Squier in another shop that is closer to home. I then see this 

JAC-2910147522.jpg?v=1598600699

And I think yeah its time I have f'ed around too much with this unhealthy habit of not buying these guitars and tell the guy i'll come back in two weeks to pick it up. He says its okay because no one touches these guitars here so it will be around. I get busy and three weeks pass but I go back and now the guitar is sold. 

I'll own one before I kick the bucket I am sure but when is the question. I keep telling myself this is the year but it just doesn't seem to happen. I also think if I got one I'd probably spend a lot more time in a different genre of music just because it lends itself very nicely to hard rock and metal. This is all my mom's fault really. When I was learning and very young the guy in the music school I went to had a Jackson in this really nice purple finish and I thought it was one of the best things I'd ever seen. I think that's where the strange love-hate comes from and why I am able to pass them up so easily instead of just saying I want one and being done with it. I could just order one online but I generally like to try what I am playing especially with electric guitars as I've found over time that buying something online isn't all its cracked up to be with these brands we dont get here so often (Fender and Ibanez excluded). 

Yeah I also like trying a guitar out before I buy one, I’ve bought guitars online and ehh mixed experiences. Always better getting something in person.

The Rhoads is a very cool guitar - I like the shape better than the King V, personally. Also it being the first shape of any Jackson guitar I think makes it a cool design in guitar history. Plus Randy Rhoads is fucking great.

I really love my Jackson, it’s maybe not my “best” guitar but it’s definitely my favourite to play - I’m sure you’ll find a Rhoads that’s right for you one day & I hope you end up as happy with your Jackson as I am with mine.

Mine is not very metal looking though xD even with the pointy headstock

• Upvote 1

My friend has admitted he spilled a beer all over my Mooer, so I think I’ve solved the mystery of why my shit stopped working.

So maybe I’ve been slandering them for their support when really my modeler failed because my friend’s an arsehole :what:

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

My friend has admitted he spilled a beer all over my Mooer, so I think I’ve solved the mystery of why my shit stopped working.

So maybe I’ve been slandering them for their support when really my modeler failed because my friend’s an arsehole :what:

This is why we don't drink around our instruments haha. I think enough pedals have found their way to the sin-bin in the early days because someone thought they could reach over for a whiskey while they were playing. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Mine is not very metal looking though xD even with the pointy headstock

If I get a Jackson it will be a one of a kind in the guitar collection. Everything else looks classic but this would stick out like a sore thumb. Maybe I'll make a trip next month and this time just walk out with a Jackson instead of thinking about it.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

If I get a Jackson it will be a one of a kind in the guitar collection. Everything else looks classic but this would stick out like a sore thumb. Maybe I'll make a trip next month and this time just walk out with a Jackson instead of thinking about it.

I mean definitely try it out before walking out of there with your Rhoads

54 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

This is why we don't drink around our instruments haha. I think enough pedals have found their way to the sin-bin in the early days because someone thought they could reach over for a whiskey while they were playing. 

We weren’t even jamming when it happened! I didn’t put it in my gigbag after a jam and left it on the counter while we were drinking. I didn’t see it happen and he said he dried it off quickly and hoped nothing had happened to it. It worked fine for a few days before getting wonky, so maybe it took some time for corrosion to kick in?

Anyways I’m actually a bit relieved to know it didn’t just suddenly go shit on me… but it’s still annoying. But at least now I know it’s not Mooer’s fault xD 

It did make me consider getting the GE300 Lite as a replacement… but I think I’ve sold myself on the PodGo

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Do you want to borrow one of my machine guns to shoot him? 🤔:ph34r:lol ..I hope he's buying you a new one

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It did make me consider getting the GE300 Lite as a replacement… but I think I’ve sold myself on the PodGo

I like that pedal a lot. I liked the review for it as well. With the way tech is going I think the day isnt far where they'll sell you a little silver box with some plug points and everything else goes through your phone.

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I like that pedal a lot. I liked the review for it as well. With the way tech is going I think the day isnt far where they'll sell you a little silver box with some plug points and everything else goes through your phone.

They already make that! https://www.mooeraudio.com/product/Prime-P1--250.html

4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Do you want to borrow one of my machine guns to shoot him? 🤔:ph34r:lol ..I hope he's buying you a new one

xD yeah he’s given me the money for the price of a new GE200 but I’m gonna still go for a PodGo or GE300 Lite because:.. fuck it, life’s presented me with an opportunity to get a little upgrade

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

xD yeah he’s given me the money for the price of a new GE200 but I’m gonna still go for a PodGo or GE300 Lite because:.. fuck it, life’s presented me with an opportunity to get a little upgrade

Well that worked out nice then 👍 ..maybe stick other equipment you don't want near he's drinks 😜😂

Edited by Happy Blue
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Well that worked out nice then 👍 ..maybe stick other equipment you don't want near he's drinks 😜😂

Yeah gonna keep nice things away from that clumsy fucker for sure.

3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Why is it that whenever we discuss something in here my wallet gets lighter haha.

This thread is definitely not great for my wallet... and I started the fucking thing xD

After sleeping on it and then waking up and doing a bit more research... I'm pretty conflicted about getting the PodGo vs. the GE300 Lite. There's a lot I like about the Line 6 - one footswitch for a tuner, the Helix modeling, the Snapshot mode, the UI generally... but I keep coming back to the fact the GE300 Lite is much more powerful (no real fear of maxing out the DSP & can create more complex chains), flexible, has better ins & outs, doesn't have a built in EXP pedal (not that there's anything wrong with the PodGo's... it actually seems usable unlike the one on the GE200 - but if I'm going to use an EXP pedal I'd probably like an external one more), and that tone capture feature so I can make copies of my friends' very expensive amps.

The GE300 basically addresses every issue I had with the GE200... other than it still needs 2 footswitches pressed in to use the tuner and I'm too lazy to just take my Boss Tuner off my pedalboard and run that into the pedal first xD They're roughly the same price & both on sale (the PodGo on Sweetwater & the GE300 Lite on Amazon) - the Line 6 is slightly cheaper... but with the extra functionality I'd get for a bit more cash it might be worth paying the little extra for the Mooer?

I really have no idea which to choose now xD

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Decided on the PodGo & placed my order. I think the GE300 Lite represents really great value for money in terms of the features, all the ins and outs, etc... but ultimately I think the better UI of the Line 6, having snapshot mode, and (as stupid as I think it sounds to say this) having just one footswitch to activate the tuner make me think it'll ultimately be the better fit for me in the long run.

Now I just need to remember to never spill anything on it or to never leave it in the car in shit neighborhoods.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 22/06/2022 at 04:59, Dr. Gonzo said:

Decided on the PodGo & placed my order. I think the GE300 Lite represents really great value for money in terms of the features, all the ins and outs, etc... but ultimately I think the better UI of the Line 6, having snapshot mode, and (as stupid as I think it sounds to say this) having just one footswitch to activate the tuner make me think it'll ultimately be the better fit for me in the long run.

Now I just need to remember to never spill anything on it or to never leave it in the car in shit neighborhoods.

Nice. I am very curious how it fits in with everything you have now. Sound sample s'il vous plait.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Nice. I am very curious how it fits in with everything you have now. Sound sample s'il vous plait.

It should be here next week, so I’ll make a couple recordings once I’ve messed around with making my own patches and get a better feel for working with the Line 6 stuff again.

Do you wanna hear it with the stock cabs/mic sims it comes with, or should I just use the ML Sound Lab one I use with almost everything?

10 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I can only play about 9 of the 20 on this list. Also fuck Rush and what they were on when they wrote Tom Sawyer. I can't play that song by counting it is 100% feel.

More grunge songs than I would have thought on that list!

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It should be here next week, so I’ll make a couple recordings once I’ve messed around with making my own patches and get a better feel for working with the Line 6 stuff again.

Do you wanna hear it with the stock cabs/mic sims it comes with, or should I just use the ML Sound Lab one I use with almost everything?

The ML Sound Lab One please.

• Upvote 1