talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Making Music

football forum

@Dr. Gonzo @Mel81x 

Tried it with my audio speakers today, wow!! My cab sounds good but the mesa cab emulator with the dual rectifier just blew my mind :1_grinning: ..my speakers are only cheap ones so was thinking what are a good set to upgrade too? :35_thinking: ..I might even sell my amp and cab now. here's my set up, I can run my speakers and cab at the same time too :hh:

20220626_213956.jpg

Edited by Happy Blue
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

@Dr. Gonzo @Mel81x 

Tried it with my audio speakers today, wow!! My cab sounds good but the mesa cab emulator with the dual rectifier just blew my mind :1_grinning: ..my speakers are only cheap ones so was thinking what are a good set to upgrade too? :35_thinking: ..I might even sell my amp and cab now. here's my set up, I can run my speakers and cab at the same time too :hh:

20220626_213956.jpg

Oh nice, google Seacow cabs (or check his YouTube channel) for some good free IRs - I think you’ll find they’re seriously impressive.

I have a set of the Presonus Eris 4.5 reference monitors - they’re not top of the line or anything, but they were a good cheap option & my home studio is not very big at all so it fills the room just fine.

I think @Mel81xrecommended the IK Multimedia iLoud mini/micro (whatever the smaller ones are) and those have great reviews. The presonus are a bit cheaper though which is why I went with them. They have one that’s smaller than the one I got, the 3.5 I believe - I think those are good too & even cheaper!

8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah this is a massive upgrade on my GE200, I’m going to have fun with this thing.

Building some presets now!

BB0EAB12-82F2-4F76-BF43-7623E059F866.jpeg

Nice one buddy, look forward to your thoughts on it B| ..as for speakers this has caught my eye (Headrush FRFR-112 2000w) 

260292-1516622519814.jpg

Headrush FRFR-112.jpg

3 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Nice one buddy, look forward to your thoughts on it B| ..as for speakers this has caught my eye (Headrush FRFR-112 2000w) 

260292-1516622519814.jpg

Headrush FRFR-112.jpg

That ones recommended by lots of people who have modelers, don’t think you can go wrong with it. They’re really popular because they can get very loud, but they’re also good for home use too. I know 3 people personally who have that.

My first impressions of the Pod Go are… really good. It’s basically exactly what I expected - a baby Helix.

All the modeling for amps, cabs, effects is miles better than the GE200 (which again wasn’t bad… it’s just these are more detailed), I get the Line 6 snapshot mode which is seriously a game changer and will be so useful jamming with my friends  (you basically get 4 presets within a preset).

But also I can just do so much more… its got all the strengths and more of what I was using before. And I can see myself using more of the features (if not all of them) compared to the Helix where I didn’t really touch the advanced routing.

Where it’s exceeded expectations is I remember not really liking the Helix stock cabs a while back… but going back to the cabs now, I’ve found I was probably putting the mics too close and messing around with the high cut/low cut settings can get me getting a very good sound. IRs definitely are easier and quicker to get sounding good with… but it’s nice to have stock cabs feel usable.

The only thing I don’t like about it is the power supply adaptor xD - its huge. So far I’ve not made any presets where I’ve seen DSP limitations yet.

The modeling is so high quality on this I’m probably going to use it for recording more than I use plugins.

So I’m very happy, but I sort of figured I would be… I’ve used a Helix and I’ve got some friends with PodGos, I pretty much knew what I was getting into.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That ones recommended by lots of people who have modelers, don’t think you can go wrong with it. They’re really popular because they can get very loud, but they’re also good for home use too. I know 3 people personally who have that.

My first impressions of the Pod Go are… really good. It’s basically exactly what I expected - a baby Helix.

All the modeling for amps, cabs, effects is miles better than the GE200 (which again wasn’t bad… it’s just these are more detailed), I get the Line 6 snapshot mode which is seriously a game changer and will be so useful jamming with my friends  (you basically get 4 presets within a preset).

But also I can just do so much more… its got all the strengths and more of what I was using before. And I can see myself using more of the features (if not all of them) compared to the Helix where I didn’t really touch the advanced routing.

Where it’s exceeded expectations is I remember not really liking the Helix stock cabs a while back… but going back to the cabs now, I’ve found I was probably putting the mics too close and messing around with the high cut/low cut settings can get me getting a very good sound. IRs definitely are easier and quicker to get sounding good with… but it’s nice to have stock cabs feel usable.

The only thing I don’t like about it is the power supply adaptor xD - its huge. So far I’ve not made any presets where I’ve seen DSP limitations yet.

The modeling is so high quality on this I’m probably going to use it for recording more than I use plugins.

So I’m very happy, but I sort of figured I would be… I’ve used a Helix and I’ve got some friends with PodGos, I pretty much knew what I was getting into.

Think i will go with that one then 👍 ..been reading these monitor type speakers don't mic up well though for recording because they have separate tweeters etc

Glad you are happy with it mate, knew you would be if i'm blown away with mine, maybe you owe your friend a drink? 😂 ..sounds like it's got some nice features and stacks of amp & cab emulations and effects B| ..it looks like we will struggle to overload these, got 11 effects going with amp & cab emulation and working great with no noticeable latency so you should be fine, on one patch i've got a pre amp boost, volume pedal, noise gate, compressor, overdrive, EQ, chorus, delay, reverb pedal, amp & cab running at the same time  😂  sounds like Judas Priest painkiller tone B|  ..the power plug is about samsung phone charger size on mine, how big's yours? lol

I'm finding with mine it's real easy to dial in a killer tone, for some reason on the high gain amp models you just need to crank the gain to 72 and same with the bass, knock the presence up a bit and they sound great on there own apart from the mesa which you have to lower the bass to 30 or lose your windows 😂 boomy as fuck ha 

So what have you done with yours so far? ..ive been making patches for headphones, real cab and speakers so i have a good tone to play with on which ever set up i'm using. there is some really nice cleans too which i never really bother with but they sound so good i've even made a few songs up with them ha. will try up load a clip from my phone, recorded with my phone 😋 will need to learn about recording now i have this, want to start making songs

Edited by Happy Blue

37 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Think i will go with that one then 👍 ..been reading these monitor type speakers don't mic up well though for recording because they have separate tweeters etc

Glad you are happy with it mate, knew you would be if i'm blown away with mine, maybe you owe your friend a drink? 😂 ..sounds like it's got some nice features and stacks of amp & cab emulations and effects B| ..it looks like we will struggle to overload these, got 11 effects going with amp & cab emulation and working great with no noticeable latency so you should be fine, on one patch i've got a pre amp boost, volume pedal, noise gate, compressor, overdrive, EQ, chorus, delay, reverb pedal, amp & cab running at the same time  😂  sounds like Judas Priest painkiller tone B|  ..the power plug is about samsung phone charger size on mine, how big's yours? lol

I'm finding with mine it's real easy to dial in a killer tone, for some reason on the high gain amp models you just need to crank the gain to 72 and same with the bass, knock the presence up a bit and they sound great on there own apart from the mesa which you have to lower the bass to 30 or lose your windows 😂 boomy as fuck ha 

So what have you done with yours so far? ..ive been making patches for headphones, real cab and speakers so i have a good tone to play with on which ever set up i'm using. there is some really nice cleans too which i never really bother with but they sound so good i've even made a few songs up with them ha. will try up load a clip from my phone, recorded with my phone 😋 will need to learn about recording now i have this, want to start making songs

Alright... well first off, sorry for the post being long as fuck xD - I just started typing things that came to my head and then Jesus Christ... I've typed out a million fucking words xD

Yeah, honestly - if you're using a modeler for recording, I think it's better to just use the USB connectivity (making the modeler effectively an interface) or run it through an audio interface. I think that's definitely a better idea than micing up monitors or even a FRFR speaker.

Cos with it going direct to your computer (either as an interface or going through an interface)... your cab sim is already doing the work of acting like a mic'd up cab. So recording a monitor or FRFR is a bit like recording a recording of a mic'd up cab through a separate speaker. Not saying that'll sound bad or not... I genuinely don't know... but it'll sound different and probably not exactly what you'd expect.

If you're using it direct to the computer/through another interface, then you'd use the monitors/FRFR speaker/your headphones to monitor your playing as you record. So if you have it connected to the USB of your computer & you record that way, you can plug your studio monitors into the output of the modeler - but it won't be recording from those speakers, the recording will go straight into your DAW. The monitoring is just so you can hear what you'll be recording.

If you want to record a mic'd up cab... I think you'd have better results mic'ing up the cab you've currently got. It won't sound the way it does with you just listening in the room, I dunno what kind of mic you've got but there's a difference in how they pick up sounds whether you've got a dynamic, condensor, ribbon, etc.

But for me, because we've got the cab sim/IRs mimicing mic'd up cabs, I'll be recording just straight from the device into the computer or through my interface (depending on what computer I'm using at the time, whether it's my PC upstairs that I use as my home studio or just my laptop - mostly because my desktop computer upstairs is sort of a permanent setup and I don't want to mess around with the monitor connections... so I'd want to just use my interface for that). If you do that, you can use headphones or the monitors you currently have to monitor what you're recording - but you don't have to worry about micing the monitors up because that signal will go straight from the unit to your DAW.

It's just so much easier, imo, recording straight to your computer from the unit. And if you're liking how it sounds through the monitors... I think you'll be liking out it sounds recorded to your computer direct. So if you're going to get into recording, that'd be my advice.

I think with the PodGo it's actually easier to run out of DSP power, because while I've only got 10 blocks compared to your 11... 4 of my blocks are sort of "floating" - they're not tied to any specific effect, I could make them be 4 delays if I wanted. I can move all the blocks around, but because I've got the flexibility to have several of the highest processing power effects running I also can end up maxing out the processing power. What happens then is it just won't let me add effects that would push the device beyond what it's capable of. It's not a big deal, I doubt I'll be running 10 blocks at the same time very often...

I haven't actually encountered that yet... but I know it can happen from my friends' experiences. But I think for 95% of the tones I want to make, I'll be fine with DSP. The cool thing is now that I sort of have a better idea of how to work with the stock cabs, if I ever do max out the DSP I think I can just remove the IR and use a stock cab to free up some processing power. As for the size of the plug for the mains... I dunno how to describe it, it's just really big it looks like it's out of the 90s xD - it's not a serious issue or anything, it's just kind of annoying because I had to reorganise things on the powerstrip I use.

So far I've just made some patches for headphones/monitor usage: I've made a compressed clean tone that's got some nice spring reverb, with a couple of snapshots that add some modulation effects and delay... just so I have a nice basic clean tone if I ever want to mess around with cleans. Which let's be real... isn't often xD Then the next thing I did was find the Peavey 5150 model cos that's my favourite amp and made a preset with 4 snapshots (rhythm, rhythm but with a touch of reverb, lead with just reverb, and then lead with reverb and delay). Then I messed around with an amp model that's a Line6 original that's not really based off any real amp - the Line 6 Badonk, because I saw Ola Englund say he likes that model and... I gotta say, it's a very impressive amp sim. Sounds heavy as fuck without needing an overdrive to tighten things up. Then I made a JCM800 for some classic metal, like Maiden, Priest, etc... and some snapshots for that (one to make an early-thrash style rhythm, a lead with reverb and delay, and a lead with reverb, delay & phaser).

There's a lot I haven't played around with yet. Like the Rev Generator amp sims (that are officially licensed, so they didn't have to make up silly names xD) and a shitload of the effects. I forgot how good the Line 6 delays and reverbs are and there's a lot of them with a lot of different parameters I need to look into.

In a few days or a week, I'll post my demo clip that @Mel81x asked for - I'll probably show off a clean, a "classic rock" style Marshall plexi tone, a nice metal rhythm, and then some kind of lead tone that's got delay and reverb. You two should let me know if there's any particular amps you'd want me to demo & what cabs I should use (I know Mel wanted me to show off my ML Sound Lab IRs - I've got a couple I use, a Mesa Boogie 4x12 w/ Electro Voice speakers & a Marshall 4x12 w/ Greenbacks I think).

tl;dr - I dunno if you'd want to record with mic'ing up your speakers or even a FRFR, I think you should try recording into a DAW on your computer from the device first (either through your interface or direct through your USB on the modeler - and if you do it through your modeler, I advise plugging your monitors or your headphones into the Valeton itself), also I made about 4 patches with some snapshots within them, still barely scratched the surface.

Also you & Mel can let me know if there's anything specific you'd want me to model. I'll just need a bit of time to get a bit more used to the device and it's amp models & let me know if you'd like it through a Mesa Boogie with some unique speakers or an older-school Marshall cab.

And honestly, you might find ML Sound Lab's IR packs to be a better value for money for recording than buying a FRFR since you've got monitors already - they're doing a Summer Sale rn too.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

@Dr. Gonzo i'm replying bud, just going to take me a minute 😂 especial after 4ltrs of cider 🤣  ..i'm upto chapter 3, will be with you shortly ha 😋

Sorry pal, I just wanted to make it easier for you to get into recording with cool new modeler and a bunch of thoughts came out (I think it'll also save you money probably cos I'm not sure you really need a 200W FRFR... unless you do end up selling your amp and cab - but I think keeping your monitors will be good if you do get into recording). I also wanted to answer the questions you had!

• Like 1

• Subscriber

Don't mic it just USB it and then record it. I am so tempted to hook the Macbook Pro to the interface and also add something to this that isn't metal or has a rock theme now haha. 

@Happy Blue I woke up and finished two cups of coffee reading through that haha.

Oh and watch out for those micro delays which is why I don't use USB anymore but instead plug it into an audio interface and then record and use the USB to manage the device via the computer.

Edited by Mel81x
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Sorry pal, I just wanted to make it easier for you to get into recording with cool new modeler and a bunch of thoughts came out (I think it'll also save you money probably cos I'm not sure you really need a 200W FRFR... unless you do end up selling your amp and cab - but I think keeping your monitors will be good if you do get into recording). I also wanted to answer the questions you had!

Thanks mate, appreciate the effort you put in, it helped alot👍 ..yeah I'm thinking about getting rid of my amp and cab and buying that 2000w headrush speaker incase I decide to join a band at some point its loud enough to gig ..I use the monitors with my laptop too when watching movies so will be keeping them, only cost £50 but they do the job 

With my Valeton you can only pick one type of effect at a time like one delay, one reverb etc so bet you can get some crazy sounds with 4 delays going 😂 i like the ping pong delay, sounds great through 2 speakers bouncing around ha. you can set your pitch shifter up to sound like a 7 string guitar too, let me know if you want the settings 😉 ..the amount of money we are saving with all this stuff built in to our boards, imagine the what it would cost to buy all these amps, cabs and effects 😂 guitar gear wise I think this is my best ever purchase, I've come up with loads of riffs for songs already and it has a built-in drum machine too

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Don't mic it just USB it and then record it. I am so tempted to hook the Macbook Pro to the interface and also add something to this that isn't metal or has a rock theme now haha. 

@Happy Blue I woke up and finished two cups of coffee reading through that haha.

Oh and watch out for those micro delays which is why I don't use USB anymore but instead plug it into an audio interface and then record and use the USB to manage the device via the computer.

😂🤣 one of his longer posts for sure, but a good read 🙂 ..thanks for the info. I have a scarlet focus right or something like that, could I use that in anyway with my board for recording? 🤔

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

😂🤣 one of his longer posts for sure, but a good read 🙂 ..thanks for the info. I have a scarlet focus right or something like that, could I use that in anyway with my board for recording? 🤔

Yeah, you’d just an mono output (or both outputs) into the interfaces input. If you’re going that route you’ll want your monitors output going to your monitors/speakers/headphones.

But if you just go from the USB to the computer with the board, the board will be the interface and you’d want monitors/speakers/headphones connected to the device otherwise you’ll probably get a bit of delay from when you play something to when you hear - it like @Mel81xis talking about.

If you’ve already got an interface hooked up to your computer you might just find using the existing interface is easier.

2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Thanks mate, appreciate the effort you put in, it helped alot👍 ..yeah I'm thinking about getting rid of my amp and cab and buying that 2000w headrush speaker incase I decide to join a band at some point its loud enough to gig ..I use the monitors with my laptop too when watching movies so will be keeping them, only cost £50 but they do the job 

With my Valeton you can only pick one type of effect at a time like one delay, one reverb etc so bet you can get some crazy sounds with 4 delays going 😂 i like the ping pong delay, sounds great through 2 speakers bouncing around ha. you can set your pitch shifter up to sound like a 7 string guitar too, let me know if you want the settings 😉 ..the amount of money we are saving with all this stuff built in to our boards, imagine the what it would cost to buy all these amps, cabs and effects 😂 guitar gear wise I think this is my best ever purchase, I've come up with loads of riffs for songs already and it has a built-in drum machine too

@Dr. Gonzo did you see this post mate or did you skip past it? 😂

6 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Yeah mate no problem. I know that when you first get one of these it can be really fucking confusing because they can do an outrageous amount of stuff. And I'm glad you're liking your Valeton - it looks like a great bit of kit - honestly, I don't know if I've ever seen a bigger bargain in guitar products. That thing is seriously impressive for how much it can do and for what the price is... and most importantly, it actually sounds good.

If you're going to join a band or even just jam with someone, I think a good FRFR like the headrush is pretty handy to pair with any modeler. And if you do gig, you can use it for your sound - or just use it as a stage monitor while you've also got the signal from your Valeton going to the front of house. You're sort of blessed with all of the possible options cos of all the ins and outs you've got on that thing... which again... is absolutely mental considering the price. Bargain!

Yeah, it can get pretty weird with 4 delays at once xD also yeah what settings do you use on the pitch shifter. I've just used the pitch shifter on my unit last night & set it up to work with an expression pedal so I could pretend I've got a Whammy pedal - a lot of fun with me sounding like an absolutely dogshit version of Dimebag.

And you're right - it's hard to look past these newer modelers as anything but great guitar gear purchases. It is mental to me how far the digital guitar amp/cab/effect simulations have improved over the last 10-15 years. And they're just so convenient for all sorts of guitar players - from just hobbyists to working musicians. I am so glad stuff like this exists.

How's the drum machine on yours? And have you fucked around with the looper? I've always found the looper function on these modelers to be really useful - I'd always wanted a looper pedal but never bought one (also I think with the way I use a noise gate in the FX loop of my actual amp it wouldn't actually work the way it's supposed to... but I'm not sure about that), so when I first got a modeler that was one of the first things I fucked around with. Pretty fun to make up a riff and then try to solo over it.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah mate no problem. I know that when you first get one of these it can be really fucking confusing because they can do an outrageous amount of stuff. And I'm glad you're liking your Valeton - it looks like a great bit of kit - honestly, I don't know if I've ever seen a bigger bargain in guitar products. That thing is seriously impressive for how much it can do and for what the price is... and most importantly, it actually sounds good.

If you're going to join a band or even just jam with someone, I think a good FRFR like the headrush is pretty handy to pair with any modeler. And if you do gig, you can use it for your sound - or just use it as a stage monitor while you've also got the signal from your Valeton going to the front of house. You're sort of blessed with all of the possible options cos of all the ins and outs you've got on that thing... which again... is absolutely mental considering the price. Bargain!

Yeah, it can get pretty weird with 4 delays at once xD also yeah what settings do you use on the pitch shifter. I've just used the pitch shifter on my unit last night & set it up to work with an expression pedal so I could pretend I've got a Whammy pedal - a lot of fun with me sounding like an absolutely dogshit version of Dimebag.

And you're right - it's hard to look past these newer modelers as anything but great guitar gear purchases. It is mental to me how far the digital guitar amp/cab/effect simulations have improved over the last 10-15 years. And they're just so convenient for all sorts of guitar players - from just hobbyists to working musicians. I am so glad stuff like this exists.

How's the drum machine on yours? And have you fucked around with the looper? I've always found the looper function on these modelers to be really useful - I'd always wanted a looper pedal but never bought one (also I think with the way I use a noise gate in the FX loop of my actual amp it wouldn't actually work the way it's supposed to... but I'm not sure about that), so when I first got a modeler that was one of the first things I fucked around with. Pretty fun to make up a riff and then try to solo over it.

They are over whelming if your coming from an old school amp, cab, effect pedal set up 😂 ...i still don't know what the top row of foot switches do apart from the looper :35_thinking:thought the switches with the ^+ and v- went through the patches lol, the manual says this for them top left corner foot switches :-There are 3 footswitch modes: Patch mode, Stomp mode and User mode does that mean i can have 3 different versions of the same patch? like say i wanted a delay and reveb for solo's etc id just set it up and hit the arrow switch to go through them? :35_thinking: ..i've not even tried the looper mode yet ha, don't know what the Ctrl footswitch does too

For the pictch shifter effect to sound like a 7 string you want to turn every setting on it to zero apart from volume and the low pitch set to -4 set up a high gain amp for some brutal tones ;) ..the drum machine is basic, i think you can use the expression pedal to change up the beat , think we will be discovering new features over the next few months :4_joy: so much to take in

8 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

They are over whelming if your coming from an old school amp, cab, effect pedal set up 😂 ...i still don't know what the top row of foot switches do apart from the looper :35_thinking:thought the switches with the ^+ and v- went through the patches lol, the manual says this for them top left corner foot switches :-There are 3 footswitch modes: Patch mode, Stomp mode and User mode does that mean i can have 3 different versions of the same patch? like say i wanted a delay and reveb for solo's etc id just set it up and hit the arrow switch to go through them? :35_thinking: ..i've not even tried the looper mode yet ha, don't know what the Ctrl footswitch does too

For the pictch shifter effect to sound like a 7 string you want to turn every setting on it to zero apart from volume and the low pitch set to -4 set up a high gain amp for some brutal tones ;) ..the drum machine is basic, i think you can use the expression pedal to change up the beat , think we will be discovering new features over the next few months :4_joy: so much to take in

I'm pretty sure the CTRL footswitch will let you turn on/off different effects you have within a patch. I don't have a CTRL footswitch anymore... but on the Mooer, that's how it worked - I could go into some menu on the settings and then pick what effects would be turned on and off with that switch. So it's a bit like having a Snapshot mode of your own - just a bit more simplistic. Also it looks like you hold CTRL to activate the looper mode.

I've just taken a look at the manual to see what you can do with it and... xD fuck I'm confused.

So I think to change between the 3 footswitch modes, you can't just do that with your feet - you've got to go into the menus and do it that way.

I'm pretty sure the way Patch Mode works is: those 2 up and down arrows go through the banks of presets you have - you get 4 presets per bank by the looks of it (just like on the PodGo) & the bottom 4 buttons (A/B/C/D) go through the 4 patches you've got in that bank.

I am not really sure on what Stomp mode is xD - I think then the up and down will take you through individual presets (not banks) & then you get 4 CTRL buttons on the bottom that you can use to kick on/off effects. That's just a guess though, I'm really not 100% sure.

And it looks like with User mode, you can go through and pick what each footswitch does out of the following settings: Bank selecting menu, Bank up, Bank down, Patch up, Patch down, Patches A-D, Looper, Drum (start stop), Drum Patch up, Drum Patch down, Tuner, CTRL 1-4, and Tap tempo.

It also looks like you can set up the different CTRLs and patches through the "Patch Settings" menu... but I'm not 100% sure. I'll take a look on YouTube and see if I can find anything to help you out!

Yeah - we will certainly be learning new things as we keep messing around with these over the months. Honestly, I was still learning new things on my Mooer up until the fucking thing broke... and I think that was a much simpler device than the 2 new toys we just received.

But the coolest thing about modelers is yeah it might take a while to get to grips with all the shit they can do... but as you learn them more, you tend to have also learned how to tweak your tone a hell of a lot more and as a result you find yourself sounding way better over time!

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm pretty sure the CTRL footswitch will let you turn on/off different effects you have within a patch. I don't have a CTRL footswitch anymore... but on the Mooer, that's how it worked - I could go into some menu on the settings and then pick what effects would be turned on and off with that switch. So it's a bit like having a Snapshot mode of your own - just a bit more simplistic. Also it looks like you hold CTRL to activate the looper mode.

I've just taken a look at the manual to see what you can do with it and... xD fuck I'm confused.

So I think to change between the 3 footswitch modes, you can't just do that with your feet - you've got to go into the menus and do it that way.

I'm pretty sure the way Patch Mode works is: those 2 up and down arrows go through the banks of presets you have - you get 4 presets per bank by the looks of it (just like on the PodGo) & the bottom 4 buttons (A/B/C/D) go through the 4 patches you've got in that bank.

I am not really sure on what Stomp mode is xD - I think then the up and down will take you through individual presets (not banks) & then you get 4 CTRL buttons on the bottom that you can use to kick on/off effects. That's just a guess though, I'm really not 100% sure.

And it looks like with User mode, you can go through and pick what each footswitch does out of the following settings: Bank selecting menu, Bank up, Bank down, Patch up, Patch down, Patches A-D, Looper, Drum (start stop), Drum Patch up, Drum Patch down, Tuner, CTRL 1-4, and Tap tempo.

It also looks like you can set up the different CTRLs and patches through the "Patch Settings" menu... but I'm not 100% sure. I'll take a look on YouTube and see if I can find anything to help you out!

Yeah - we will certainly be learning new things as we keep messing around with these over the months. Honestly, I was still learning new things on my Mooer up until the fucking thing broke... and I think that was a much simpler device than the 2 new toys we just received.

But the coolest thing about modelers is yeah it might take a while to get to grips with all the shit they can do... but as you learn them more, you tend to have also learned how to tweak your tone a hell of a lot more and as a result you find yourself sounding way better over time!

Well if your confused mate i've got no chance 😂  will have another look at it soon ..you discovered any new features on yours yet?

Just now, Happy Blue said:

Well if your confused mate i've got no chance 😂  will have another look at it soon ..you discovered any new features on yours yet?

Not really, I've just been making tweaks to those 4 presets & snapshots I've already made. I didn't really get a chance to play much yesterday.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

So I went and signed up back to school again to improve my picking technique and told the instructor that I play bass so he said to come back on Monday and pick a song to play that I thought would be good. In my eternal stupidity I picked an Ozzy track and this is my weekend bass homework.

image.png

Also, I don't get the reason for the chorus part being written that way but who am I to mess with genius.

Note: I am just glad I didn't tell him I like Maiden more than Ozzy.

Edited by Mel81x
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Its been three weeks of classes and honestly I can now understand why so many people talk so highly about alternate picking. Sometimes the little things like missing to do an up-down and instead doing an up-up can totally mess your rhythm up. I have gone to having pick difficulties above songs running at 120 to being comfortable there and pushing 160 now. This speed thing is addictive when done right haha.

On 03/07/2022 at 06:42, Mel81x said:

So I went and signed up back to school again to improve my picking technique and told the instructor that I play bass so he said to come back on Monday and pick a song to play that I thought would be good. In my eternal stupidity I picked an Ozzy track and this is my weekend bass homework.

image.png

Also, I don't get the reason for the chorus part being written that way but who am I to mess with genius.

Note: I am just glad I didn't tell him I like Maiden more than Ozzy.

Try this, it just makes more sense ;)

[Intro]

G|----------------------------------------------------------|
D|----------------------------------------------------------|
A|--------R-------R-----2-------R-------R--1-0-1-3-1-0------|
E|--3-5-------3-5---1-3---3-5-------3-5----------------3-1--|

[Verse]

G|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
D|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|--0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-----2----|
E|----------------------------------------------------------1-3---3--|

G|--------------------------------------------------|
D|--------------------------------------------------|
A|--0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0--1-0-1-3-1-0------|
E|---------------------------------------------3-1--|

[Pre-Chorus]

G|----------------------------------------------------------------|
D|------------4-4-----------4-4-----------4-4---------------------|
A|----------------------------------------------------------------|
E|--2-2-2-2-2-----2-2-2-2-2-----2-2-2-2-2-----2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-|

[Chorus]
                                                       "Bark at the Moon.."
G|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
D|------------4-4-----------4-4---------------------------------------------|
A|------------------------------------------------------------Hold----------|
E|--2-2-2-2-2-----2-2-2-2-2-----2-2-2-2-0-0-0-0-0-0--12/-0------------------|

[Verse]

[Pre-Chorus]

[Chorus]
                                                       "Bark at the Moon.."

[Bridge]

G|-------------------------------------------------|
D|--------------------------------------------2----|
A|--0--0--3-5--2----------------------------2---2--|
E|---------------5-3--3-3-3-3--3-3--1-1--1---------|(x2)

G|-------------------------------------|
D|--------------------------3---5-3----|
A|----------------------3h5---5-----5--|
E|--0-1---0-1---0-3--------------------|

G|--------------------------------------|
D|------------------------------3----5--|
A|--------------------------5-----5-----|
E|--0-1---0-1---0-3------3----3---------|

G|---------------------------------|
D|-----------------------/5--3-----|
A|------------------------------5--|
E|--0-1---0-1---0-3----------------|

G|-------------------------------------------------------5-------5----|
D|-------3--2-0--0-------------------------------------5---5---5---5--|
A|------------------3-1---1-1-1-1-1--1-3---3-3-3-3-3-3-------3--------|
E|--0-1---------------------------------------------------------------|

[Solo]

G|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
D|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------7------|
A|--5--5-5--5--5--5-3-3--5--5-5--5--5-5-3---1--1-1--1-1-1--0-----------------7---7----|
E|----------------------------------------5------------------3--3-3--5-6-5-5-------5--|

G|----------------------------------------------------------------------------7-------7----|
D|-----------------------------------------------------------3------------------7---7---7--|
A|--5--5-5--5--5--5-3-3--5--5-5--5--5-5-3---1--1-1--1-1-1--3----5--5-5--5--5------5--------|
E|----------------------------------------5------------------------------------------------|

[End Solo]

G|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
D|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|--1--1-1--1-1-1-1-0--3--3-3--3-3-3---0--0-0--0-1--1-1--1-2--2-2--2-3--3-3--|
E|-----------------------------------3---------------------------------------|

[Intro Again]

G|------------------------------------------------------------|
D|------------------------------------------------------------|
A|--------R-------R-----2-------R-------R--1-0-1-3-1-0--------|
E|--3-5-------3-5---1-3---3-5/-------3-5----------------3-1---|

[Verse]

[Pre-Chorus]

[Chorus]
                                                       "Bark at the Moon.."

[Bridge]

G|-------------------------------------------------|
D|--------------------------------------------2----|
A|--0--0--3-5--2----------------------------2---2--|
E|---------------5-3--3-3-3-3--3-3--1-1--1---------|(x2)

G|-------------------------------------|
D|--------------------------3---5-3----|
A|----------------------3h5---5-----5--|
E|--0-1---0-1---0-3--------------------|

G|--------------------------------------|
D|------------------------------3----5--|
A|--------------------------5-----5-----|
E|--0-1---0-1---0-3------3----3---------|

G|---------------------------------|
D|-----------------------/5--3-----|
A|------------------------------5--|
E|--0-1---0-1---0-3----------------|

G|-------------------------------------------------------5-------5----|
D|-------3--2-0--0-------------------------------------5---5---5---5--|
A|------------------3-1---1-1-1-1-1--1-3---3-3-3-3-3-3-------3--------|
E|--0-1---------------------------------------------------------------|
  • Upvote 1

I still need to get to recording those sound clips, I've had some pretty busy weeks though with an insane workload and friends/co-workers all getting married this year (I'm assuming they're all getting married because of 2 years of being locked up).

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I still need to get to recording those sound clips, I've had some pretty busy weeks though with an insane workload and friends/co-workers all getting married this year (I'm assuming they're all getting married because of 2 years of being locked up).

How you finding the pod go mate?