talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Making Music

football forum

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

How you finding the pod go mate?

Loving it, still learning a lot about a lot of the different parameters there are for each thing in it. Been experimenting with different types of EQs (I find the high/low shelf EQ I can put in that block to be a really good way of just making things sound a bit better very quickly). There's a few parameters that I can't remember what they do (wtf is "sag"?). I've also been messing around with the stock cabs a bit more, I think they're actually quite good it's just not as easy to get a great tone as just loading an IR into it though.

Sadly feel like I haven't gotten to use it as much as I'd have hoped to since buying it - seems like I bought it and then immediately I've become incredibly busy and have limited free time. But it's great - the baby Helix I was hoping it would be xD

How's your Valeton treating you?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Loving it, still learning a lot about a lot of the different parameters there are for each thing in it. Been experimenting with different types of EQs (I find the high/low shelf EQ I can put in that block to be a really good way of just making things sound a bit better very quickly). There's a few parameters that I can't remember what they do (wtf is "sag"?). I've also been messing around with the stock cabs a bit more, I think they're actually quite good it's just not as easy to get a great tone as just loading an IR into it though.

Sadly feel like I haven't gotten to use it as much as I'd have hoped to since buying it - seems like I bought it and then immediately I've become incredibly busy and have limited free time. But it's great - the baby Helix I was hoping it would be xD

How's your Valeton treating you?

Good stuff B| i'm sure you will get it dialed in when you get time to use it more, phenomenal bit of kit  .first thing that comes to mind with sag is boobs!:35_thinking:lol, i've no idea mate 😂 ..do you know any good sites to download IR's from? ..i like a few of the stock cabs on mine but never hurts to try more ..yeah, i've been hoping to play mine a bit more too, hopefully now the kids are on holiday for 6 weeks i'll find more spare time to play around with it

Loving the Valeton so far, still got a lot to learn about it but getting there, the effects are first class, really digging the pitch shifter, sounds amazing, so easy to change my guitar tuning now with just a turn of the the dial, very convenient when your guitars has floyd's 😂 .. got some really good amp's on it too, i mainly use the EVH5150, Mesa dual rectifier, Soldano (think it's the 100) Engl fireball, Bogner twin and the Diezel VH4, not really getting on with the marshall's for my kind of sound i like, guess they will be good for rock but they just not to my taste  ..i think this unit has inspired me to make up so many riffs already i could put a few songs together if i can ever get my head around this recording business :35_thinking: 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Good stuff B| i'm sure you will get it dialed in when you get time to use it more, phenomenal bit of kit  .first thing that comes to mind with sag is boobs!:35_thinking:lol, i've no idea mate 😂 ..do you know any good sites to download IR's from? ..i like a few of the stock cabs on mine but never hurts to try more ..yeah, i've been hoping to play mine a bit more too, hopefully now the kids are on holiday for 6 weeks i'll find more spare time to play around with it

Loving the Valeton so far, still got a lot to learn about it but getting there, the effects are first class, really digging the pitch shifter, sounds amazing, so easy to change my guitar tuning now with just a turn of the the dial, very convenient when your guitars has floyd's 😂 .. got some really good amp's on it too, i mainly use the EVH5150, Mesa dual rectifier, Soldano (think it's the 100) Engl fireball, Bogner twin and the Diezel VH4, not really getting on with the marshall's for my kind of sound i like, guess they will be good for rock but they just not to my taste  ..i think this unit has inspired me to make up so many riffs already i could put a few songs together if i can ever get my head around this recording business :35_thinking: 

Yeah, a good site for free IRs is Seacow Cabs:  www.seacowcabs.wordpress.com

Lotta cool cabs there to try. I've got a few paid ones I use too from ML Sound Lab, for a while they were offering one pack for free and I tried it and... it was sort of incredibly good sounding so I bought a couple more. So I think those are all pretty good, but honestly... the Seacow Cabs ones are really good and the price can't be beat.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, a good site for free IRs is Seacow Cabs:  www.seacowcabs.wordpress.com

Lotta cool cabs there to try. I've got a few paid ones I use too from ML Sound Lab, for a while they were offering one pack for free and I tried it and... it was sort of incredibly good sounding so I bought a couple more. So I think those are all pretty good, but honestly... the Seacow Cabs ones are really good and the price can't be beat.

Cheers, will have a look at that shortly and try figure out how to download them to my GP200 :35_thinking:

3 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Cheers, will have a look at that shortly and try figure out how to download them to my GP200 :35_thinking:

It’s probably in the software for connecting the computer to the MFX unit - they usually have their IR loader somewhere in there

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Found it, just hope i don't overwrite something 😂

I'm 99.99% sure you can't overwrite anything in the IR loader other than other IR files you put in there - so don't worry, you won't lose any stock cabs.

Just got to work and I've seen that there's a new update for the PodGo today! Adds one new amp & a shitload of new effects. And unlike the Mooer I had, Line 6 stuff is pretty easy to update... so I'm looking forward to getting home and checking things out. Honestly, Line6's after-market support of their products was one big reason I decided to go with the PodGo over the Mooer GE300 - I'm just surprised to see that benefit so soon after buying it!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm 99.99% sure you can't overwrite anything in the IR loader other than other IR files you put in there - so don't worry, you won't lose any stock cabs.

Just got to work and I've seen that there's a new update for the PodGo today! Adds one new amp & a shitload of new effects. And unlike the Mooer I had, Line 6 stuff is pretty easy to update... so I'm looking forward to getting home and checking things out. Honestly, Line6's after-market support of their products was one big reason I decided to go with the PodGo over the Mooer GE300 - I'm just surprised to see that benefit so soon after buying it!

That's cool, not sure if i get updates for my Valeton or not :35_thinking:  ..yeah line 6 are a top company and never understood the hate, customer support is first class and the products sound amazing, without my GP200 id take my spider 2 amp over my 6505mh 😂 ..the products are solid too, bought the spider 2nd had 15ish years ago and it's still working faultless B|

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

That's cool, not sure if i get updates for my Valeton or not :35_thinking:  ..yeah line 6 are a top company and never understood the hate, customer support is first class and the products sound amazing, without my GP200 id take my spider 2 amp over my 6505mh 😂 ..the products are solid too, bought the spider 2nd had 15ish years ago and it's still working faultless B|

I can see theres been a few versions of software updates for the Valeton... it doesn't really explain what's in each update though. But it looks like you do get updates, I'd expect you would too - Valeton's parent company Hotone's provided some steady updates for their stuff.

I really like a lot of Line 6 products, I think they just get a lot of hate from back when we were kids. They were really pioneers in amp modeling, which back then... didn't really sound anywhere near as good as it does now. So they got a lot of hate for that, even though over the years they've kept pushing the boundaries of the technology to make a lot of good sounding stuff. I also remember old Line 6 pedals being really nice... but not lasting very long. My brother had the big green delay pedal in the 90s and it broke a lot - he'd always get it repaired, but it did break a lot.

I think they've improved a lot over the years, especially after Yamaha bought them. But I do think they've always had good customer support, I know even back in the day they stood by products even after the warranty had expired.

• Upvote 1

That IR pack is really good. It's weird that there's so many really good free IR files out... but that's good for us!

Also sorry lads, I still haven't gotten around to recording the clips I've been planning on recording. I've not played all that much guitar lately - which has been very disappointing for me personally - and certainly haven't messed around with my PodGo as much as I'd have liked to. I should be able to get some decent time with my guitar in this weekend, so hopefully I can record some stuff.

The playing might be extra shit though xD I think I'm pretty rusty.

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That IR pack is really good. It's weird that there's so many really good free IR files out... but that's good for us!

Also sorry lads, I still haven't gotten around to recording the clips I've been planning on recording. I've not played all that much guitar lately - which has been very disappointing for me personally - and certainly haven't messed around with my PodGo as much as I'd have liked to. I should be able to get some decent time with my guitar in this weekend, so hopefully I can record some stuff.

The playing might be extra shit though xD I think I'm pretty rusty.

Glad you like them, i couldn't get it to work with mine but ive no idea what im doing 😂 ..im just trying to figure out how to upload my song :35_thinking:it's in mp4 format, no video just audio  ..figured it out, you can do it direct here on the site, scroll down the page you will see a play button the play button B|lol .. just me and my friend on drums, sounds not great, he miked my cab and double tracked it panning left and right or something lol but his mikes not that great. this is my 6505mh with a tube screamer, could probably do with more variation, the ending i was trying to go for a machine head type break down 😂 ..any suggestions? ..think he's recording skills are not much better than mine ha

@Dr. Gonzo @Mel81x  my first song below, just drums and guitar

Edited by Happy Blue
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

@Dr. Gonzo @Mel81x above vid didn't upload right and wont let me delete it 😂 ..i'll try again

First of all I liked it a lot. The drums and the guitar were actually very complimentary but I felt at points that the guitar got totally washed out by the drums and some things to help with that are to lower the drums volume on one side of the stereo output and leave the guitar at its same volume. This tricks the brain into thinking its listening to two sources at the same volume but really you're pushing the guitar a bit more. Once again I really liked it.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Mel81x said:

First of all I liked it a lot. The drums and the guitar were actually very complimentary but I felt at points that the guitar got totally washed out by the drums and some things to help with that are to lower the drums volume on one side of the stereo output and leave the guitar at its same volume. This tricks the brain into thinking its listening to two sources at the same volume but really you're pushing the guitar a bit more. Once again I really liked it.

Thanks Mel, the drummer mixed and recorded it so might explain why he's drums are a bit loud 😂 i will pass your advise over to him 👍 ..think i need to work out how to record direct from my Valeton GP200 rather than a mic in front of my cab and add a few more riffs to the song

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 29/07/2022 at 16:09, Happy Blue said:

Thanks Mel, the drummer mixed and recorded it so might explain why he's drums are a bit loud 😂 i will pass your advise over to him 👍 ..think i need to work out how to record direct from my Valeton GP200 rather than a mic in front of my cab and add a few more riffs to the song

Oh yeah a drummer definitely recorded that haha.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nah I wish it’s in December.

Did you figure out connecting the GP-200 to the computer?

I've worked out how to edit the settings through the computer. down loading stuff too it is a little more tricky, must need a certain format :35_thinking: ..and still working out how to record direct with it  ..how the PodGo, you got it all figured out yet?

3 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

I've worked out how to edit the settings through the computer. down loading stuff too it is a little more tricky, must need a certain format :35_thinking: ..and still working out how to record direct with it  ..how the PodGo, you got it all figured out yet?

Yeah, I've figured out the recording bit just fine. I'm still tinkering with a lot of the settings, I should probably just get to recording something though xD

If you're using the GP-200 as an interface, you'll need to go into your DAW and go into the device settings to make sure that's what it's using. If you're going in direct, I recommend turning off audio monitoring on your DAW and just plugging monitors or headphones straight into the GP-200. You'll have a basically 0 latency experience. If you can set it up so that you can record a signal with the modeler processing it... and then also have it recording a completely clean signal - I recommend doing that.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, I've figured out the recording bit just fine. I'm still tinkering with a lot of the settings, I should probably just get to recording something though xD

If you're using the GP-200 as an interface, you'll need to go into your DAW and go into the device settings to make sure that's what it's using. If you're going in direct, I recommend turning off audio monitoring on your DAW and just plugging monitors or headphones straight into the GP-200. You'll have a basically 0 latency experience. If you can set it up so that you can record a signal with the modeler processing it... and then also have it recording a completely clean signal - I recommend doing that.

Good stuff 👍 ..i'll have a look at trying that asap, my comp keeps crashing and going to bios at the minute, i'm about ready to take a hammer to it 😂🙈 so frustrating crashing every 30mins so need a new comp now before i can do any recording

2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Good stuff 👍 ..i'll have a look at trying that asap, my comp keeps crashing and going to bios at the minute, i'm about ready to take a hammer to it 😂🙈 so frustrating crashing every 30mins so need a new comp now before i can do any recording

That's fucking shit mate. I'm not the best at troubleshooting shit like this - but I was having a similar issue with my PC about 2 years ago and my mate managed to get it sorted.

Not really the most helpful info xD... but it might be fixable.

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
On 02/08/2022 at 05:06, Happy Blue said:

Is it crashing only when you plug the device in?