talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Making Music

football forum

2 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

@Mel81x @Dr. Gonzo @nudge

Just got the email that my song will be live in stores such as Apple Music and Spotify sometime in the next week!

Fuck yeah man, that’s cool!

Then you will feel a pain my musician friends complain about regularly: how little you get paid per stream on Spotify and Apple Music xD(Apple pays more though)

But still, very cool man - congrats!

On 19/05/2020 at 02:12, Mel81x said:

Totally missed this. Nice website.

There’s some surprisingly great IRs in here. I have a few commercial IRs I acquired... on the high seas of the internet xD... some of the Seacow free stuff is pretty comparable compared to other free IRs.

He’s going to have an IR loader plugin soon, which might get me using DAWs more. But right now I’ve just had a lot of fun loading these into my Mooer so as to not piss my wife off as she works while I play guitar.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Then you will feel a pain my musician friends complain about regularly: how little you get paid per stream on Spotify and Apple Music xD(Apple pays more though)

Putting aside Spotify and Apple Music even venues dick you on prices (not that thats new) and then the haggling process starts. I hate haggling I wish they'd just put up how much they are offering and people go from there.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Putting aside Spotify and Apple Music even venues dick you on prices (not that thats new) and then the haggling process starts. I hate haggling I wish they'd just put up how much they are offering and people go from there.

When I gigged we got paid in fucking drinks 80% of the time - it was shite.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

When I gigged we got paid in fucking drinks 80% of the time - it was shite.

Getting paid in booze is like a free buffet. Its fun the first two times till you realize its the same regurgitated nonsense and you want no more of it.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

What a productive weekend. Had a long conversation with a friend of mine who spent two years studying music production about finding something in budget that wasn't a Shure SM7B to record both vocals and some dual channel acoustic guitar stuff (if you've never read it and you like recording acoustic guitar do some research here and trust me its time worth spent because you'll learn a lot). Long story short, he is sending me his SM57 LC to try out and he sent me some tracking stuff that sounded very good for guitar so I am going to see if it works then I get a mic that I can use for general recordings that will cover about 80% of the spectrum I want at 4 times cheaper the cost of a SM7B. The downside is it won't have the high-pass cut or the presence booster but I think I'll live with it till I can get the vocalist over to do some work and see how far I can take logic's post-processing.

When its done I'll post it in here to see how you guys like it (maybe a 30 second clip). 

• Upvote 1

So my next song is due for release this week. I got the offer to add more real Bachata instruments to the song but sadly I won't have enough this month. I'm going to use them for the next song for sure, but this month I'm a bit cheap. Thanks to the success of the first song I think this one will perform well enough that I can release it but it does sound a bit similar to the first.

I already have my 3rd song in mind. I know what I want to make it about. This time though I'm going to use real instruments instead of MIDI. 

• Upvote 1

@Mel81x I ordered used pickups off reverb a while back and they finally came in yesterday and this fucker’s sent me a box full of fucking gravel instead of the pickups. What a cunt.

I sent reverb and email last night with some pictures and I’ve been given a full refund (and the seller’s been banned), but still pretty fucking annoying 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@Mel81x I ordered used pickups off reverb a while back and they finally came in yesterday and this fucker’s sent me a box full of fucking gravel instead of the pickups. What a cunt.

I sent reverb and email last night with some pictures and I’ve been given a full refund (and the seller’s been banned), but still pretty fucking annoying 

Can you do us all a favor and post his name on reverb as well? It should get passed around. I don't get shit like that.

Edited by Mel81x

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Can you do us all a favor and post his name on reverb as well? I'll get it passed around. I don't get shit like that.

Sure, Byron W (just a W) was his account name by the looks of it. If I click any of the messages or try to get to his seller page I can’t anymore, but the store was Byron’s Gear Depot

• Upvote 1

The last few days I've been practicing on my own. My vocal coach disappeared for a few weeks without notice or anything.

This week she blocked me as I just found out.

Very unprofessional and I'm about to leave a 1 star review. I'm very angry.

Left a 1 star review.

I am tired of people not being direct and honest with me. It's always women too. Why was it so hard to just tell me you're not going to teach me anymore? Very unprofessional especially since it happened randomly.

I got blocked this week after 3 weeks of waiting for her to go back online. It appears she never left, she doesn't didn't want to teach me.

3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Post a name/internet-handle on here and as I always say spread the word about unprofessional/scammer folks it goes a long way to cleaning up the community.

Nah it wasn't a scam. We were fine doing lessons every day for 4 weeks and suddenly she disappeared off the face of the earth. I think with the 1 star review and complaints I'll be OK. I don't want to publicly expose her.

On 07/06/2020 at 09:24, Inti Brian said:

Left a 1 star review.

I am tired of people not being direct and honest with me. It's always women too. Why was it so hard to just tell me you're not going to teach me anymore? Very unprofessional especially since it happened randomly.

I got blocked this week after 3 weeks of waiting for her to go back online. It appears she never left, she doesn't didn't want to teach me.

That sounds... strange. It might be handy to try out multiple coaches and see which personalities you mesh with and which ones you don’t.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
On 07/06/2020 at 16:54, Inti Brian said:

The last few days I've been practicing on my own. My vocal coach disappeared for a few weeks without notice or anything.

This week she blocked me as I just found out.

Very unprofessional and I'm about to leave a 1 star review. I'm very angry.

That's proper shit mate. Who was it? That is quite unprofessional - do you know what could have happened?

Just now, Stan said:

That's proper shit mate. Who was it? That is quite unprofessional - do you know what could have happened?

We were doing online lessons and she was helping a lot in the first 4 weeks. Thanks to her I'm in a position to be able to practice on my own. However, she then got a power outage for a week and a half. When the power came back on, she told me we could plan our next lesson and the lights are back on. From there she went 2-3 weeks without even looking at my messages. I had assumed she was going through a tough time or got sick or something. Then yesterday I went to her profile and I was blocked.

It proper pissed me off because I never ended the contract and she wasn't saying anything. So I ended the contract on the website we were using and left a 1 star review. 

To be completely honest with you, I have no idea what I did wrong.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That sounds... strange. It might be handy to try out multiple coaches and see which personalities you mesh with and which ones you don’t.

I'm gonna practice on my own for a bit. At the moment my music is taking up more than half my income a month. My producer told me it's better to be consistent in my schedules, and I also want a new mic. So I don't have the money as it stands to have consistent lessons.

I will definitely hire a new vocal coach at some point, but I doubt it will be this summer.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

We were doing online lessons and she was helping a lot in the first 4 weeks. Thanks to her I'm in a position to be able to practice on my own. However, she then got a power outage for a week and a half. When the power came back on, she told me we could plan our next lesson and the lights are back on. From there she went 2-3 weeks without even looking at my messages. I had assumed she was going through a tough time or got sick or something. Then yesterday I went to her profile and I was blocked.

It proper pissed me off because I never ended the contract and she wasn't saying anything. So I ended the contract on the website we were using and left a 1 star review. 

What website was it? We'll leave a bad review too xD 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

What website was it? We'll leave a bad review too xD 

Upwork. it's a freelancer site, very useful and fixes anything.

You could argue it's not the best place to get singing lessons, but the site is very reliable and have been using it for a few years when I need something. Personally I hope her account gets suspended. I've sent my complaints to the website and hopefully they take it into consideration.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

Putting aside the negative rating and the blocking. Did you get a refund?

• Subscriber

In other news, the band finally had time to sit down and write some music out and we came up with almost a minute of something we're flushing out. Comments for improvement are always welcome. The idea is to transition towards something heavier as the song starts building up. Keep in mind that this is still early days and the guitar is not tight and I do plan on ditching the harmonized vocals.

https://voca.ro/ke6DlbBRc2G

• Upvote 3