talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Making Music

football forum

• 2 weeks later...

I've got 3 songs in the making. 2 Bachata's and 1 Reggaeton. I also decided to move into a studio. They are reopening and I want more professional sound, so I decided to search for one and found one near home.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I have a new found respect for drummers who can sight-read. I spent the last three weeks trying to learn how to read drum-sheet-music and jesus these guys have it hard when the pieces get complex. 

22 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I have a new found respect for drummers who can sight-read. I spent the last three weeks trying to learn how to read drum-sheet-music and jesus these guys have it hard when the pieces get complex. 

I respect anyone that can sight-read tbh. I can read music, but not as good as when I was a kid by a long shot.

• Subscriber
51 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I respect anyone that can sight-read tbh. I can read music, but not as good as when I was a kid by a long shot.

Its like anything else I suppose, practice makes perfect and then of course getting out of your comfort zone and listening to music that you dont normally listen to. 

9 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I like it but did the person mastering the track not like your voice? They've totally drowned you behind all the music. Not sure if that was the intent.

Not entirely sure what you mean by drowned me mate xD

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Mpache said:

Not entirely sure what you mean by drowned me mate xD

The music is way more prominent than the singing. Not sure if that was intentional but I don't think the vocals ever cut through the music from what I heard.

4 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

The music is way more prominent than the singing. Not sure if that was intentional but I don't think the vocals ever cut through the music from what I heard.

Really? I thought it sounded on par to me. Maybe it's my speakers, I'm not sure.

On 04/07/2020 at 12:16, Mpache said:

Really? I thought it sounded on par to me. Maybe it's my speakers, I'm not sure.

On my speakers and monitor headphones, I agree with @Mel81x’s take - the mix sounds weird and you don’t really cut through the music.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

On my speakers and monitor headphones, I agree with @Mel81x’s take - the mix sounds weird and you don’t really cut through the music.

Fair enough lads. I'm hearing it OK though, unless you're talking about the parts where I don't sing but talk rather. But even that I hear fine. Anyways, I sent it to the original song writers and they told me it's very good which makes me happy :) 

• Subscriber

@Dr. Gonzo

So, a few weeks ago I basically told the Mrs. that I might want to get a drum kit at home. Let's just say I was told that to house a machination that would upset our elderly neighbors was something that I was not going to see in my future. I did try and plead my way through it of course and did all the usual stuff you try and curry favor but sadly to no avail. It wasn't even a problem with space it was just the fact that it would cause social turmoil. Putting aside the fact that the Mrs. herself is very interested to learn I dropped the idea.

Then, today I was working away and someone from Amazon delivered a parcel with my name on it and I got this.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/maschine/production-systems/maschine-mikro/

With a note attached, "If you play this loud and disturb the neighborhood I'll first divorce you then I'll kill you. Have fun". 

Edited by Mel81x
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

@Dr. Gonzo

So, a few weeks ago I basically told the Mrs. that I might want to get a drum kit at home. Let's just say I was told that to house a machination that would upset our elderly neighbors was something that I was not going to see in my future. I did try and plead my way through it of course and did all the usual stuff you try and curry favor but sadly to no avail. It wasn't even a problem with space it was just the fact that it would cause social turmoil. Putting aside the fact that the Mrs. herself is very interested to learn I dropped the idea.

Then, today I was working away and someone from Amazon delivered a parcel with my name on it and I got this.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/maschine/production-systems/maschine-mikro/

With a note attached, "If you play this loud and disturb the neighborhood I'll first divorce you then I'll kill you. Have fun". 

Quality wife, mate, well done.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Mel81x said:

@Dr. Gonzo

That's a keeper mate.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Nice. When you’re the next big thing in Peru, don’t forget about your pal Gonzo who encouraged the music

On 06/07/2020 at 10:03, Mel81x said:

@Dr. Gonzo

This post + drinking and watching YouTube videos got me inspired to order one of these: https://www.korg.com/us/products/dj/volca_beats/

Similar yet different. Never really owned anything like this before and it’s actually a lot of fun.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This post + drinking and watching YouTube videos got me inspired to order one of these: https://www.korg.com/us/products/dj/volca_beats/

Similar yet different. Never really owned anything like this before and it’s actually a lot of fun.

That was one I looked at when I was looking around for a drum machine. The reason I finally went with Maschine is the number of sample plugins I could get installed with it and the fact that I already own an AKAI Midi Keyboard for piano which is great for the price but it is going to give way soon. 

That interface is so intuitive (the Korg) for when you want to see beats in a line. I have learned two sets of drums now - Jazz and Rock. The next step is to try and write the drum piece after the bass piece then I'll start composing stuff.

The one I really wanted was this.

https://www.roland.com/us/products/tr-08/

but we dont get it here and we get some weird variant that I was truly not interested in. Plus I didnt pay for it so I figure be happy with what you got haha.

Edited by Mel81x
  • Upvote 1