talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tyrone Mings to Villa

6 hours ago, Dan said:

Targett was the main one for me that I couldn't get my head around.

The most exciting one for me is the striker they've signed Wesley. That's a striker who'd been flagged up to me a few times as someone we ought to have had a go for but never mind. He's another gamble at his price but there's potential there for sure.

As stated previously, I'm not quite sold on their business and think they're paying a lot for ordinary players. 

Targett is £11m rising to £16 based on how he does etc. An England U21 in this market I don’t find that as laughable tbh. Looking at clips of him he’s ideal for our system

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those questioning the signings and suggesting we are 'doing a Fulham', read this article https://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2019/jul/11/aston-villa-mistakes-fulham-summer-transfer-window-signings

The article is pretty much spot on, fairly balanced and counters a lot of points made against certain signings. I for one am just happy to see youngsters come through the door, they are clearly going to be hungry and willing to fight for the shirt...I don't think many established premier league players would offer us that. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 16/10/2019 at 08:40, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.5aa18d2b6d9e8552bb3fda7585920de4.png

Aston Villa will pay Bournemouth an extra £250,000 as a result defender Tyrone Mings making his England debut. The clause was agreed between the two clubs when Villa signed the 26-year-old from the south coast club in July. (Telegraph)

Think he’s going to be adding value all the time now tbh 

Archived