talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Milan 'Takeover' Close to Collapse

The last Tweet sums it up perfectly. It has turned into a complete joke. The club has been in limbo for about two years now with now the future of Donnarumma, their brightest talent in decades, left up to some shady investors. I truly hope that a resolution soon and they can secure his, Locatelli and De Scilglio's futures and rebuild the club with a great homegrown core again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was inevitable really. Like you I'm not an expert on takeovers or finances, but its always complicated with Bersculoni involved.

This has been ongoing for ages...  Berlusconi obviously doesn't want to sell and he's been moving the goalposts ever since he said that there was a possibility of a takeover.  In truth it would be horrible for a historical club like AC Milan to be owned by someone outside Italy.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Milan may become a powerhouse again. The question is are they just going to buy all foreign players and pull a Man City/Chelsea to win it or are they going to build around with the best players in Italy?

2 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Looks like Milan may become a powerhouse again. The question is are they just going to buy all foreign players and pull a Man City/Chelsea to win it or are they going to build around with the best players in Italy?

Not so sure about that. Inter are owned by some of the richest guys in sports, yet finished last in their Europa League group to teams I have never heard of, and Southampton.

13 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Unlikely. When the same people are running the club money changes nothing.

A lot of confusion and question remain over these new owners, not least their actual wealth. The amount of loans acquired and other financial deals that have been required to pull off this takeover, leave a lot of people unconvinced about Milan's immediate future.

I hope for Milan's sake, in the next few weeks they see a lot of the club's younger players sign new long-term deals and actual introduce some stability into the club. At least on the playing side.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived