talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dani Alves - Signs for São Paulo

football forum

alves.jpg

The captain of Brazil was selected as the MVP of this year's Copa América 2019.

With 40 trophies in his cabinet, 36 years of age and with a freedom card to continue at the maximum level.

The 7th of July 2019 Maracanã Stadium. The captain of Brazil presents to the skies of Rio de Janeiro the Copa América trophy 2019 in all of its glimmering glory. 'A Canarinha' against Perú (3-1) had just proclaimed themselves champions of South America. He was selected as the best player of the tournament and with last night's result Dani Alves notched up his 40th official professional trophy of his career to date.

Now the boy from Bahia will earn a much needed rest and search for his next destination after ending his contract with Paris Saint-Germain on the 30th of June where he refused to accept a renewal from the Parisien club.

Dani has been playing professional football for almost two decades at elite level. From his debut as a professional for Esporte Clube Bahia in 2001 where with them he won his very first professional honour of the North-Eastern Cup. Dani's story begins to have legendary status when he was then signed in 2003 by Sevilla FC for €500,000... yes, that's 500 thousand, not millions which is where we'll soon be reaching in today's football.

Dani Alves has never been one to forget his very humble origins throughout his illustrious career and it was his natural talent (as is with most of history's greatest footballers) , his athleticism through nature and his endeavour permitted him to arrive at the top with sacrifice. With that hard work he was able to share a football field on the same side with players like; Ronaldinho, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Neymar and Buffon.

Here we're talking about one of the true legends of the game, one that curiously for some strange reason (not in tune with his outlandish personality) goes kind of unnamed by certain spheres. How many true great right-backs have been better than Dani Alves? Dare you debate and argue?

Where to next because rumours have it he's offered himself to his ex-clubs Barça and Sevilla with also rumoured interest from Atlético Madrid.

@El Profesor @Grizzly21 @The Rebel CRS

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Dani Alves - Which Club Next?
  • Subscriber

I think the only reason Dani Alves gets overlookd over someone like Cafu is because Cafu changed the way people saw Right-Backs and while Dani Alves has been consistent and had a much better club career Cafu also has two World Cups to his name which is where I think the differentiation factor in best RB really takes a swing against Alves. TBF to both they are the best of what a RB can offer and have both defensive and offensive capabilities that most clubs would die to have with either of them in their prime.

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I think the only reason Dani Alves gets overlookd over someone like Cafu is because Cafu changed the way people saw Right-Backs and while Dani Alves has been consistent and had a much better club career Cafu also has two World Cups to his name which is where I think the differentiation factor in best RB really takes a swing against Alves. TBF to both they are the best of what a RB can offer and have both defensive and offensive capabilities that most clubs would die to have with either of them in their prime.

Cafu played for better Brazil sides as well. They're both world class RBs.

At his age he wouldn't be able to play a 70+ game season at the top level like he used to but what's for sure is that in the age of consistent rotations from coaches, he is a sure bet if properly rested to give you maximum dynamism in bith areas of the field. I think any club on the planet could find a place for him still.

27 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

At his age he wouldn't be able to play a 70+ game season at the top level like he used to but what's for sure is that in the age of consistent rotations from coaches, he is a sure bet if properly rested to give you maximum dynamism in bith areas of the field. I think any club on the planet could find a place for him still.

Judging from his fitness levels, I'd disagree! He should still be at Barcelona but all rights, but so should many other players.

7 hours ago, Spike said:

Judging from his fitness levels, I'd disagree! He should still be at Barcelona but all rights, but so should many other players.

Maybe, but at that age it isn’t about optimum physical levels. It’s more about biological nature in terms of physical recovery which humans can’t fight against without using certain drugs and those products are illegal in sport.

But as I said, Alves can still provide for the biggest clubs if the head coach takes care of selection in a meticulous way.

I read recently that he´d like to experience playing in Premier League. 

It´s up to him, I guess. Despite being 36, he looks in really good shape and he´d be really good signing on a 1-year contract. I wouldn´t give him more than 1 year though, at his age 2 years is too much of a risk, there are many examples of veteran players who declined in the blink of an eye. 

Returning to Brazil is also an option, but since Flamengo has already signed Rafinha and his childhood club São Paulo is in a deep financial crisis, I´m not sure where he could go, perhaps Palmeiras.

I can´t really see Dani Alves living in China, I really doubt he´d adapt well in such an authoritarian society.

The Barça rumors are strong, but I´m not sure, they´d have to get rid of some players in order to accommodate Alves´wages, especially if Neymar and Griezmann indeed come. I still think England is the best bet.

Imagine Dani Alves wins the Premier League with Manchester City? :o

That will be;

• La Liga
  • Serie 'A'
  • Ligue1
  • Premier League

WOW!

All that would be left for him is to manage to right at the end before he retires to sign for a Brazilian club and get a title in his home country. Amazing!

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

He's the most decorated footballer now in terms of number of trophies right? Overtaking Cambiasso?

Yes but he's been that for a while and Cambiasso isn't in the top 5 now if he ever was.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yes but he's been that for a while and Cambiasso isn't in the top 5 now if he ever was.

Cambiasso definitely was at one stage. May have been as recently as when he signed for us in 2014/15. 

Archived