• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dani Alves - Signs for São Paulo

football forum

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Also, wtf happened to those investigations on players being doped and rumors Alves was one of them? 

@SirBalon

Nothing more has been heard. But that doesn’t mean it won’t crop up again in the future. Sergio Ramos was the name leaked and it’s all gone silent on that front.  

• Administrator
18 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Nothing more has been heard. But that doesn’t mean it won’t crop up again in the future. Sergio Ramos was the name leaked and it’s all gone silent on that front.  

Do they have those gagging orders/super-injunctions in Spain?

24 minutes ago, Stan said:

Do they have those gagging orders/super-injunctions in Spain?

Usually when something begins to go through the courts it goes silent for a while. Tbh I have no idea what’s happened since. But at the time it all sounded pretty serious. 

So the latest club to show interest in signing free-agent Dani Alves is Tottenham Hotspur if news coming in from Brazil is to be believed. It’s also been echoed in the Spanish press this morning.

• 2 weeks later...

According to rumors coming from Brazil, Dani Alves could be on his way to São Paulo. 

São Paulo is Alves´ childhood team and he also liked the fact the club proposed him a 3-year deal. 

Hope it happens, our domestic football needs more players like Dani Alves. 

38 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Wow! Dani Alves is indeed going to São Paulo FC. It´s official.

Great, great signing. 

He´s always said São Paulo was his team growing up, so it must be nice for him to fulfill his childhood dream.

Why did they put the flag of Yemen, is Sao Paulo related to it, or Alves himself?, or it's just a coincidence for the colours? Been a long time since they're not competitive at n international stage but 10 years back they were a very tough team.

1 hour ago, Berserker said:

Why did they put the flag of Yemen, is Sao Paulo related to it, or Alves himself?, or it's just a coincidence for the colours? Been a long time since they're not competitive at n international stage but 10 years back they were a very tough team.

São Paulo related, Blakito. It´s because of the colors. 

Yes, São Paulo hasn´t been good recently, they were the most successful brazilian club in the last decade but they´ve had it really tough, no major titles since 2012. 

On 12/07/2019 at 04:13, SirBalon said:

Here's the official stats on most honoured players in terms of trophies won;

1. Dani Alves - 40
  2. Maxwell - 37
  3. Ryan Giggs - 36
  4. Vítor Baía - 35
  5. Lionel Messi - 34
  6. Xavi - 33
  7. Andrés Iniesta - 32
  8. Gerard Piqué - 32
  9. Kenny Dalglish - 31
  10. Zlatan Ibrahimović - 31
  11. Cristiano Ronaldo - 30
  12. Dario Srna - 28
  13. Pelé - 28
  14. Sergio Busquets - 27
  15. Carlos Tévez - 27
  16. Paolo Maldini - 26
  17. Paul Scholes - 25
  18. Edwin van der Saar - 25

I'd like to see the list without trophies like the Community Shield or any other 'Cup Winner's Cup'.

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'd like to see the list without trophies like the Community Shield or any other 'Cup Winner's Cup'.

I haven't got time to calculate that but I'd say it would maintain the distances between players due to the fact that to participate in a cup winner's cup you have to win the cup. The only exception would be a player transferred to the club participating in a cup winner's cup and hadn't won the cup if you get my meaning.

Archived