talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pontus Jansson Signs for Brentford

football forum

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuinely a brilliant signing, we’ve had a lot of fairly decent centre backs or centre backs that are potential rather than the finished product and for the first time in a long time it looks like we’re going to go into this season with stable and solid options at centre back and defensive/centre mid.

As it stands we have a really good side, obviously we’ve a few players that could yet be sold but I think we’ll be looking to hold onto players and push for the Prem this season

I’d expect Maupay to go at some point, but that’s £20m someone has to stump up and if a Prem side don’t offer it then I’m not sure we’ll sell to a Championship rival

Back onto Jansson, I know Leeds have mentioned attitude problems but I back our staff to make the right call. Mixed with the fact Leeds are owned by a nutter and are managed by someone renowned for losing his team eventually I’m not surprised it was one of the most experienced players in the team that got shot of first. Younger players will take longer for Bielsa to grind them down

• 2 weeks later...

Archived