talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tiémoué Bakayoko - AS Monaco & Paris Saint-Germain Linked

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SirBalon said:

Considering the restrictions Chelsea are under this summer I wouldn't be surprised.

Currently from the center midfield we have: Jorginho, Kante, Barkley, Ruben, Kovačić, Drinkwater and now potentially Bakayoko and Mount.

41 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Currently from the center midfield we have: Jorginho, Kante, Barkley, Ruben, Kovačić, Drinkwater and now potentially Bakayoko and Mount.

Everytime I see the name Drinkwater in a Chelsea midfield I can't get used to it.what happened.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Everytime I see the name Drinkwater in a Chelsea midfield I can't get used to it.what happened.

Well as far as the story goes, Sarri said he doesn't count on him for last season. That he should seek a new club, however Danny is on huge wages why would he? Sat out an entire season and Lampard said that he will evaluate the entire squad including Danny. Wouldn't be shocked if he does stay, he isn't a bad player.

2 minutes ago, True Blue said:

he isn't a bad player.

Read back that last bit to yourself mate and remember you're easily trying to be kind seeing as he's a Chelsea player. With that I'm not saying he's crap but let's put things into perspective here... Since Abramović bought the club (even beforehand) Chelsea Football Club have been constantly in search of dominating and competing for the biggest honours. You've managed that on the whole but be honest... Is Drinkwater the type of signing you'd see from top European clubs as adding quakity depth to the squad?

33 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Read back that last bit to yourself mate and remember you're easily trying to be kind seeing as he's a Chelsea player. With that I'm not saying he's crap but let's put things into perspective here... Since Abramović bought the club (even beforehand) Chelsea Football Club have been constantly in search of dominating and competing for the biggest honours. You've managed that on the whole but be honest... Is Drinkwater the type of signing you'd see from top European clubs as adding quakity depth to the squad?

Even when he was signed he was there to fill the English numbers and be a squad player. Don't think he is more than that.

27 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Even when he was signed he was there to fill the English numbers and be a squad player. Don't think he is more than that.

Yeah, that seems to be the case and Man City are doing similar things which defeats the object of the rule. But the blame lies at the feet of these footballers due to the fact this should recieve the same comments as those that go to Chine etc early in their careers.

• 1 month later...
  • The topic was locked

Archived