• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Moise Kean - Everton Sign Juventus Striker

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Nothing to really worry about, we have known about this transfer for weeks now and it's only a matter of time until its all sealed. Kean wants to come and Juventus want to sell, it's just a case of agreeing a fee. 

Yet more fantastic work from Brands and the scouting department at Everton. Making other teams look like fools.

How much do you expect is reasonable fee to pay?

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Batard said:

They'll want at least €60 for him. His potential is immense 

Should be able to crowdfund that amount before the deadline hopefully :ph34r:.

I have mixed feelings on this one. I never get too excited about players when there are murmurings of attitude problems. He's obviously a talent but if he's that good surely Juventus wouldn't have given up on him becoming a first team player for them so easily?

I don't think we should be investing anything in the £60m region, if that's actually what we'd have to pay, for any player, unless it's someone established who is obviously worth that much. Not on a young 'maybe' player with question marks over his attitude. We should stick to the template of our recent successful signings and look to sign players in their young 20s for £20m-£30m (Keane, Pickford, Digne, Gomes) because we've started to prove that it's achievable, then have maybe one per summer (if that) for a Sigurdsson/Richarlison level of cost.

I wouldn't mind Kean if he was worth more like £30m.

Matthijs de Ligt appears to be close to completing a move from Ajax to Juventus, the axis is hot and the Amsterdam club could be ready to utilise this to their advantage as they try and snap up the young Italian forward.

Kean would fit the MO of Ajax perfectly; he is young and extremely talented, would undoubtedly get first team minutes at the club and would be able to use the club as a stepping stone for a bigger move in the future.

• Subscriber

Buy back clause instantly makes this a bit of a minefield in my eyes. If he turns out brilliant you will lose him for a capped amount of profit. If he's shit, you've paid all the money. We made this exact mistake with Iheanacho.

8 hours ago, Dan said:

Buy back clause instantly makes this a bit of a minefield in my eyes. If he turns out brilliant you will lose him for a capped amount of profit. If he's shit, you've paid all the money. We made this exact mistake with Iheanacho.

I think Manchester City just put the buy back clause in to convince you that he was a good player. Anyone could see he was absolute garbage.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I think Manchester City just put the buy back clause in to convince you that he was a good player. Anyone could see he was absolute garbage.

I've got my suspicions that exactly this happened as well.

Reports: Kean to Everton done deal

Juventus striker Moise Kean is heading to Everton for €30m plus bonuses and will have a medical over the next 48 hours, claim multiple Italian reports.

Agent Mino Raiola communicated to various Italian transfer experts, including Sky Sport Italia, Mediaset Premium and Goal.com, that the deal was done.

It’s reported 19-year-old Kean will earn €3m per year at Everton and has already left the Continassa training camp in Turin to pack his bags.

The sticking point had been Juve’s insistence on retaining a buy-back option in his contract and it's not yet clear whether that is included.

More likely is a verbal agreement giving the Bianconeri first refusal if Everton decide to sell Kean in future, but not for a pre-agreed fee.

It’s believed Everton will pay €30m plus up to €10m in various bonuses and add-ons.

Kean set several records, as he was the first player born in the year 2000 to score in the top five European Leagues, achieving this in May 2017 against Bologna.

Despite only turning 19 in February, the Turin-born talent has already scored two goals in three senior caps for Italy.

Last season, he played just 661 minutes of football for Juventus in all competition, spread over 17 games, but still scored seven goals with one assist.

Kean is undoubtedly a natural talent, but it hasn’t all been smooth sailing for the teenager.

He used to say his idol was Mario Balotelli and he was dropped from the Italy Under-21 European Championship line-up as punishment for turning up late to training.

On 28/07/2019 at 00:59, 6666 said:

Unless he's just trying to escape the racism in Italy, I don't know why he'd want to leave Juventus.

There’s a new Italian tax law to try to get rich people to move into Italy. You get massive tax breaks on moving to or moving back to Italy - but you aren’t eligible for this tax loophole unless you spend 3 (I think it’s 3) years outside Italy.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see lots of young Italians leave Serie A football for a few years before coming back to Italy

7 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Everton 1-0 Egg in the face Arsenal  :D

Quote.thumb.png.ff363c144b94a3647c46d9cc614e7192.png

Juventus' Moise Kean, 19, turned down a switch to Arsenal in favour of Everton because the Gunners could not guarantee the Italy striker first-team football. (Mail)

We were never in for him so this is nonsense.

11 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Everton 1-0 Egg in the face Arsenal  :D

Quote.thumb.png.ff363c144b94a3647c46d9cc614e7192.png

Juventus' Moise Kean, 19, turned down a switch to Arsenal in favour of Everton because the Gunners could not guarantee the Italy striker first-team football. (Mail)

If that's true, I'm not too surprised. If you're a promising young striker, as annoying as it is to admit, Everton looks a pretty appealing side right now. They're best senior striker is Dominic Calvert-Lewin... so Kean's got a much, much easier path to regular first team football than he would if he had to try to break in against Aubamayang or Lacazette at Arsenal. You couple that with the way Everton under Silva have a pretty positive approach and is looking to shape a modern attack in a side that has that positive approach - and further couple that with how well Richarlison settled. Everton have the makings of an up and coming side and a decent project for a promising young striker to buy into.

It's an exciting signing for Everton and I think he'll do really well with Silva's Everton, unfortunately. I think the biggest danger from Everton's point of view is that he may want to go back to Italy at some point, I think part of why he left is there are so many attackers at Juve for him to compete with and it's not good for his career to stay where he won't play to develop. But they've managed to avoid a buyback clause, so it's not just a glorified loan deal - and Juve have first refusal.

The way they play, the potential of the player (and the fact he already looks pretty fucking decent), and that every Evertonian I personally know has been crying out that they need a striker for basically as long as they've been without Lukaku… they all make this look like a great signing on paper for the blueshite.

• The title was changed to Moise Kean - Everton Sign Juventus Striker
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

One hand on the summer transfer window trophy again. Just need a winger, centre back and right back.

Difficult for you to have one hand when we have both hands on it ;) 

Archived