Dundalk vs Riga FC
Linfield vs Rosenborg
Valur Reykjavík vs NK Maribor

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, True Blue said:

FK Sarajevo is one of the two major Sarajevo based clubs, think they will be demolished tonight by Celtic.

I take it it'll be a major upset if they (Sarajevo) even get a draw then tonight?

Celtic won and comfortably advance, but again lose another poor goal.

Next round they face Nomme Kalju, the Estonian champions, so should be straight forward once again.

Scotland currently sit 20th in the UEFA coefficient, but at the moment sit 16th for next year. Require healthy runs from all four teams to continue the upward trend.

• Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49236155

Celtic will face Czech side Slavia Prague in the Champions League play-off round should the Scots defeat Cluj in their third qualifying round.

Neil Lennon's side face the Romanians in the first leg away from home on Wednesday.

Should Celtic lose to Cluj, they drop into the Europa League play-off stage and have been drawn against Sheriff Tiraspol of Moldova or AIK of Sweden.

Slavia won their domestic title for a fifth time last season.

The side managed Jindrich Trpisovsky, who qualified directly to the Champions league play-off stage after finished four points clear of Viktoria Plzen, completed a domestic league and cup double by defeating Banik Ostrava 2-0.

They also reached the quarter-finals of last season's Europa League, losing 5-3 on aggregate to eventual winners Chelsea having knocked out Spanish side Sevilla in the previous round.

In addition to a sprinkling of Czech Republic internationals, Trpisovsky's squad includes former Anderlecht and Sparta Prague winger Nicolae Stanciu, who has played 31 times for Romania.

While Scottish clubs have won only six of their 18 ties against teams from Czech Republic or the old Czechoslovakia, Celtic have won all three of theirs, although the last of those was a 3-1 aggregate win over Teplice in the Uefa Cup in 2004.

Meanwhile, last season's beaten semi-finalists, Ajax, will face APOEL of Cyprus or Qarabag of Azerbaijan if the Dutch side overcome PAOK of Greece.

If Red Star Belgrade, who won the trophy in 1991, defeat Denmark's Copenhagen, they will next take on Young Boys of Switzerland.

Porto, the 1987 winners who qualified as runners-up in Portugal, will take on Istanbul Basaksehir of Turkey or Olympiakos of Greece if they defeat Russian side Krasnodar.

Champions League play-off round draw

Champions path

Dinamo (Croatia) or Ferencvaros (Hungary) v Maribor (Slovenia) or Rosenborg (Norway)

Celtic or Cluj (Romania) v Slavia Prague (Czech Republic)

Young Boys (Switzerland) v Red Star Belgrade (Serbia) or Copenhagen (Denmark)

APOEL (Cyprus) or Qarabag (Azerbaijan) v PAOK (Greece) or Ajax (Netherlands)

League path

Basel (Switzerland) or LASK (Austria) v Bruges (Belgium) or Dinamo Kiev (Ukraine)

Istanbul Basaksehir (Turkey) or Olympiakos (Greece) v Krasnodar (Russia) or Porto (Portugal)

Who do you guys think will go through in today's 2nd leg Champions League qualifying games?

Dynamo Kyiv v Brugger (1st leg 0-1) I am going Dynamo Kyiv to qualify.

Copenhages v Crvena Zvezda (1st leg 1-1) I am going Copenhagen to qualify.

Ferencvaros v Dinamo Zagreb (1st leg 1-1) I am going Dinamo Zagreb to qualify.

Ajax v PAOK (1st leg 2-2) I am going Ajax to qualify.

LASK v Basel (1st leg 2-1) I am going LASK to qualify.

Olympiacos v Istanbul (1st leg 1-0) I am going Olympiacos to qualify.

Celtic v Cluj (1st leg 1-1) I am going Celtic to qualify.

Porto v Krasnodar (1st leg 1-0) I am going Porto to qualiify.

• Subscriber

Only care about the LASK game so hope they go through. Did a great job away at Basel and it's good to see that Ismaël is up for a good start both in the league and CL quali so far.

35 minutes ago, nudge said:

Only care about the LASK game so hope they go through. Did a great job away at Basel and it's good to see that Ismaël is up for a good start both in the league and CL quali so far.

Fair enough, LASK did impress me in the first leg, I have to admit. Basel have some good players in their team, but LASK still managed to earn the away win. I think they have enough quality to go through tonight and cause somewhat of a surprise result by knocking Basel out.

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Michael said:

I am not sure, he usually takes his chances well. LASK are still playing reasonably well from what I have seen so far.

You reckon that should have been a penalty for Basel? 

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

You reckon that should have been a penalty for Basel? 

Difficult to call, but he was in an extremely dangerous position, virtually in the goal. I think the LASK player probably did enough to get the ball without fouling him. But different refs would of probably seen that situation differently.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived