talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019/20 Champions League - Qualifying Rounds

• Subscriber
Just now, Michael said:

Difficult to call, but he was in an extremely dangerous position, virtually in the goal. I think the LASK player probably did enough to get the ball without fouling him. But different refs would of probably seen that situation differently.

Yeah I watched the replays like ten times at least and still can't make up my mind xD Safe to say LASK have been lucky there.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Yeah I watched the replays like ten times at least and still can't make up my mind xD Safe to say LASK have been lucky there.

Yes, as well as that chance, Stocker went very close as well. These games are all very close it seems. It's the smallest of details that seem to win them. It's a shame for the fans of the losing teams, as there seems to be very little between the teams in this round.

13 minutes ago, nudge said:

LASK score! :D Well actually Basel do score an own goal with an unlucky reflection haha.

Yeah, it was a fortunate goal, but nothing less than they deserve over the 2 legs.

What do you think of Klauss? Do you think he can make it in the future with Hoffenheim or another Bundesliga club? He was leading scorer in the Finnish top league and he lead HJK to the title. He's not doing too bad with LASK either, leading them to their first Champions League group stage experience and he only turned 22 in March.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Ademi equalises... 10 more minutes for Basel to score one more and bring it to the extra time. 

I think LASK should hold on. Anything can happen in these types of games, but I have a good feeling about LASK holding on and going through.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Porto in big big trouble. 3-1 down on aggregate against Krasnodar. Need 3 goals in 35 minutes to turn it around.

I have watched parts of this game and Krasnodar have played very well. I think its too much of an ask for Porto to score 3 in that timeframe against Krasnodar, who look well organised.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yeah, it was a fortunate goal, but nothing less than they deserve over the 2 legs.

What do you think of Klauss? Do you think he can make it in the future with Hoffenheim or another Bundesliga club? He was leading scorer in the Finnish top league and he lead HJK to the title. He's not doing too bad with LASK either, leading them to their first Champions League group stage experience and he only turned 22 in March.

I don't follow Finnish football so can only judge Klauss from what I've seen in LASK since last winter; he seems to be somewhat limited when it comes to technique but compensates that with extremely high work rate. I also love his attitude, he wanted to be specifically loaned out to a club in a German-speaking country in order to improve his language skills; seems to have a good head on his shoulders at such a young age. Personally I think he could make a solid Bundesliga player in the future for a mid-table club. 

21 minutes ago, nudge said:

I don't follow Finnish football so can only judge Klauss from what I've seen in LASK since last winter; he seems to be somewhat limited when it comes to technique but compensates that with extremely high work rate. I also love his attitude, he wanted to be specifically loaned out to a club in a German-speaking country in order to improve his language skills; seems to have a good head on his shoulders at such a young age. Personally I think he could make a solid Bundesliga player in the future for a mid-table club. 

Well Finnish football is obviously not of the highest standard, it's average at best. But still for Klauss at 21, to finish as top scorer in that league in his first season and in the process help HJK win the league, shouldn't be overlooked.

I agree, if he continues his progress, he has it in him to be a useful player for a mid-table Bundesliga side. As you said, he seems to have the right attitude. I think that he links up play very well and he is a good team player. Aside from that, he is a very decent scorer, I can see him doing well if he continues to work on his game.

Spend £8 mil on a CB - on the bench.

Spend £3 mil on "competition" to Tierney, then sell Tierney - he's on the bench while we play our best midfielder at LB and a past-it Brown drops a disasterclass.  

Now we've lost out on a sum of money essentially equivalent to the Tierney fee. Next summer we'll sell Edouard, fail to prepare the squad properly, and then lose out on CL again. Rinse and repeat.

Fuck the board and Lennon. 

Theres no problem with selling our best players. It's inevitable. That actually makes it more unforgivable that somehow we never seem to have a plan for when it happens. 

To go back to Edouard for example - we should have a plan in place right now for who we will sign to make up for his loss. That is what any club with a modicum of professionalism around transfers does. 

Do I think there's even a tiny chance that the board has considered such a plan? No. 

We should have been ready to go into this season with two leftbacks whether we sold Tierney or not. If we knew we wouldn't be able to bring two left backs in, then we should have told Tierney he's not leaving until next summer.

Now we have one, who isn't even trusted to play in important games. In this case it's ridiculous because Tierney was injured anyway - this is the scenario in which we should have been counting on Bolingoli regardless. 

• Administrator

Celtic xD

One of the biggest clubs in the world allegedly and they're getting knocked out at home in the qualifying stages of the Champions League. 

You hate to see it. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived