talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019/20 Champions League - Qualifying Rounds

37 minutes ago, Stan said:

Celtic xD

One of the biggest clubs in the world allegedly and they're getting knocked out at home in the qualifying stages of the Champions League. 

You hate to see it. 

I hope Leicester fans are enjoying it, this is the biggest thrill you're probably going to get this season. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
7 hours ago, Inverted said:

I hope Leicester fans are enjoying it, this is the biggest thrill you're probably going to get this season. 

To be honest I'm just glad Chris Sutton is gonna be absolutely devastated. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

To be honest I'm just glad Chris Sutton is gonna be absolutely devastated. 

This is a good enough reason to justify anything ever. He's an absolute fucking freak. The breakdown he had when Rogers joined yourselves last season to imply it is better to be at a mid-table English team than the dominant Scottish one was amazing.

Celtic being knocked-out at this stage is a shock but what's happened to FC Porto is frankly the equivalent of a football earthquake. A club that size with the resources they have and the money they recieve from transfers has no excuses by ending up like this. I feel sorry for the Porto season ticket holders on various levels. @ASF

Ajax got lucky to go through but this was always going to be a tricky tie as PAOK were undefeated last season and Ajax are still not up to full speed due to new players arriving and a lot of players were away at International tournaments.   

Ajax have APOEL next which they should get through to the group stages. 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, tlr said:

This is a good enough reason to justify anything ever. He's an absolute fucking freak. The breakdown he had when Rogers joined yourselves last season to imply it is better to be at a mid-table English team than the dominant Scottish one was amazing.

He's still going as well.

I'm not claiming it wasn't a bad time for Rodgers to leave Celtic if he's given it the whole Celtic is my club etc... act but it looks pretty clear to me that Celtic have some problems. Complacency has well and truly kicked in.

• Administrator

Final qualifying rounds now. First legs this week, second legs next week.

Tuesday 20th:
APOEL vs Ajax
CFR Cluj vs Slavia Prague
LASK vs Club Brugge

Wednesday 21st:
Dinamo Zagreb vs Rosenborg
Olympiakos vs Krasnodar
Young Boys vs Red Star

• Subscriber

What a joke penalty given for Brugge... Barely enough contact for a penalty and Brugge player was offside before the "foul". VAR reviews it but lets the penalty decision stand. Fuck off.

• Subscriber

0-1 HT. LASK have been a better team so far but Brugge lead thanks to a penalty gifted to them. Can't understand how it's possible for VAR to ignore the offside leading to the goal despite having all the technology - and that's in the last round of CL playoffs. Ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

What a joke penalty given for Brugge... Barely enough contact for a penalty and Brugge player was offside before the "foul". VAR reviews it but lets the penalty decision stand. Fuck off.

Yes, that was a very soft penalty awarded there. Klauss has played very well for LASK tonight, hopefully he can get the equaliser in the last 10 minutes.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Michael said:

Yes, that was a very soft penalty awarded there. Klauss has played very well for LASK tonight, hopefully he can get the equaliser in the last 10 minutes.

Very soft penalty and an offside.

Also if that was a foul then LASK should have been given a penalty now as well.

ECb64J3W4AAO2ip.jpg

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

@nudge - I noticed you have started to watch LASK's results. Any particular reasoning? 

I follow Austrian football and want them to do well when it comes to Europe too. Well all of them bar Red Bull.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Very soft penalty and an offside.

Also if that was a foul then LASK should have been given a penalty now as well.

ECb64J3W4AAO2ip.jpg

Yes, what's the point of VAR if mistakes like that are going to be allowed to stand. LASK have played well in the 2nd half, the least they deserve is an equaliser.

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

I follow Austrian football and want them to do well when it comes to Europe too. Well all of them bar Red Bull.

Alright - next lead up questions seems obvious. Why Austria? 

4 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yes, what's the point of VAR if mistakes like that are going to be allowed to stand. LASK have played well in the 2nd half, the least they deserve is an equaliser.

This. 

Not sure how this happens with VAR. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

Alright - next lead up questions seems obvious. Why Austria? 

Numerous reasons. I got into it about 15 years ago thanks to an Austrian friend who was an Austria Salzburg fan (and that's how my hatred towards Red Bull started); I generally follow leagues of German-speaking countries as a lot of their players join German Bundesliga clubs at some point; I have quite a few Austrian friends in general.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Michael said:

What's most annoying is that it might just cost them a CL spot too. Instead of having a goalless draw at home they will now have to go to Belgium for the second leg with a loss and one goal deficit. 

For a small club that has been playing in the 3rd Austrian division just 5 years ago it's probably one of the few chances to qualify for the CL group stages and they're being robbed by incompetent officials using a technology which is supposed to make the game fairer and more just. That's just sad and infuriating. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived