talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019/20 Champions League - Qualifying Rounds

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, nudge said:

What's most annoying is that it might just cost them a CL spot too. Instead of having a goalless draw at home they will now have to go to Belgium for the second leg with a loss and one goal deficit. 

For a small club that has been playing in the 3rd Austrian division just 5 years ago it's probably one of the few chances to qualify for the CL group stages and they're being robbed by incompetent officials using a technology which is supposed to make the game fairer and more just. That's just sad and infuriating. 

Yes, there's a huge difference drawing 0-0 at home compared to losing 0-1 at home in a two legged CL qualifying tie. LASK were definitely robbed by terrible officiating. The officials even had the luxury of being able to see the replay on VAR, so it's beyond me how they got that call wrong and stood by it. It might have just cost LASK millions and millons of Euros in CL revenue.

I hope that LASK are able to turn it around in the second leg, but I doubt that they can after today's harsh result. Anything is possible though I suppose, I just can't see it though, as I expect Brugge to play much better at home.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yes, there's a huge difference drawing 0-0 at home compared to losing 0-1 at home in a two legged CL qualifying tie. LASK were definitely robbed by terrible officiating. The officials even had the luxury of being able to see the replay on VAR, so it's beyond me how they got that call wrong and stood by it. It might have just cost LASK millions and millons of Euros in CL revenue.

I hope that LASK are able to turn it around in the second leg, but I doubt that they can after today's harsh result. Anything is possible though I suppose, I just can't see it though, as I expect Brugge to play much better at home.

Yeah I also doubt LASK can get a win at Brugge and progress to the group stages. Especially since Percy Tau will be back from his suspension as well. But it's football so you never know... 

• Administrator

Tuesday 27th:
Rosenborg (0) vs (2) Dinamo Zagreb
Krasnodar (0) vs (4) Olympiacos
Red Star (2) vs (2) Young Boys

Wednesday 28th:
Ajax (0) vs (0) APOEL
Club Brugge (1) vs (0) LASK
Slavia Prague (1) vs (0) CFR Cluj

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Percy Tau only on the bench for Brugge; that's surprising. Come on LASK!

LASK still very much still in this tie at half time. Klauss was inches away from scoring and levelling the scores up on aggregate. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Michael said:

LASK still very much still in this tie at half time. Klauss was inches away from scoring and levelling the scores up on aggregate. 

Yeah... Although I'm worried that they'll run out of steam and concede another goal. 

Oh what a chance for LASK!

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah... Although I'm worried that they'll run out of steam and concede another goal. 

Oh what a chance for LASK!

LASK were so unlucky there, they should really be a goal up. But that was an excellent headed clearance from the Brugge player.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Yeah but now second yellow for Trauner :( 

The referee isn't helping LASK's cause, but that was definitely a yellow card offence. Unfortunately he deserved to go off. It's still not over for LASK, they should just go for it now.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived