talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019/20 Champions League - Qualifying Rounds

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Michael said:

The referee isn't helping LASK's cause, but that was definitely a yellow card offence. Unfortunately he deserved to go off. It's still not over for LASK, they should just go for it now.

That's it. 2-1 Brugge.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Have to really feel for LASK. They did great to reach the last playoff round and were really close to making an upset here too. At least they still have a Europa League spot... 

Just now, nudge said:

Have to really feel for LASK. They did great to reach the last playoff round and were really close to making an upset here too. At least they still have a Europa League spot... 

Yes, they battled very hard and gave a respectable performance. Like you say, they have a 2nd chance of a run in a European competition, this time in the Europa League. Klauss is an impressive forward and I think that in a few years time, he could become much more well known around the world.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Michael said:

Yes, they battled very hard and gave a respectable performance. Like you say, they have a 2nd chance of a run in a European competition, this time in the Europa League. Klauss is an impressive forward and I think that in a few years time, he could become much more well known around the world.

To be fair I expected more from him though; wasted way too many chances in the last 4 matches against Brugge and Basel. Very present and works his socks off but needs to make more of the opportunities he gets in front of the goal. 

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

To be fair I expected more from him though; wasted way too many chances in the last 4 matches against Brugge and Basel. Very present and works his socks off but needs to make more of the opportunities he gets in front of the goal. 

Yes I agree, he is still a little raw at this level. But hopefully with time he will develop his play and become more consistent. I like his general attributes as a forward, his hold up play, his flicks and short passing ability. He can also take players on from time to time and he is a decent finisher. But yeah, he still needs to become more consistent in many areas of his game. A game against the best Belgian side is a different kettle of fish to the Finnish League where Klauss scored almost every week.

Ajax made so much work out of that game, they should of easily won this 4-0 or so but they are through and hopefully the players can kick on now as they are only at 50% of their ability due to the season just starting.   Ajax also do miss that link up play in midfield, I really hope now they will get Olmo as they have qualified to the main Champion League, they can add 1 more big player to add to the team.

3 hours ago, Panna King said:

Ajax made so much work out of that game, they should of easily won this 4-0 or so but they are through and hopefully the players can kick on now as they are only at 50% of their ability due to the season just starting.   Ajax also do miss that link up play in midfield, I really hope now they will get Olmo as they have qualified to the main Champion League, they can add 1 more big player to add to the team.

Everyone seems to want Olmo now.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived