talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Joey Barton Ban Reduced To 13 Months

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

I can't remember if he bet on a game he played in or not?

If he did then fully deserved. If not then it's a bit excessive.

He should have done what Michael Chopra did and fled to India.

He's bet on matches he's been involved in. 

I think 18 months is a bit much. 

Wow, Footballers betting on Football matches..... Who would have thought that?

Gone have the days when Wimbledon would bet on one of their players who hadnt scored, or crossed the half way line for 2 seasons, to score in the next game and they would all become Tom Daly in the penalty area for the 90 mins. Or stand two guys out wide when kicking off and betting on the time of the first throw in. Big Fash would fire the ball out wide from the kick off to the two players who would look to the heavens as the ball sailed over their heads.

You should read what Brian Clough said about the guys playing in Middlesbroughs defense back in the day he was banging them in at the other end.

Barton is being made an example off because of who he is and will probably appeal n the ban will be halved.

• 3 months later...

His ineptitude in relation to betting is no reason to let the idiot have chance to play again. He's had more warnings and suspensions for behaviour related issues than any normal, well balanced thug. I just don't get why the FA haven't just told him to fuck off to China for his football and to never darken our doors again.

He's a liability, a tool and unwanted in the footballing world.

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, ficklered said:

His ineptitude in relation to betting is no reason to let the idiot have chance to play again. He's had more warnings and suspensions for behaviour related issues than any normal, well balanced thug. I just don't get why the FA haven't just told him to fuck off to China for his football and to never darken our doors again.

He's a liability, a tool and unwanted in the footballing world.

Don't think China is an easy escape anymore because their spending is being curbed now. That said though it is weird that hes gotten away with all that he has and now this joke is in a long line of bad behavior that hasn't properly been sorted out.

Archived