talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dennis Praet - Leicester Sign Midfielder From Sampdoria

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

If we sign another midfielder then I think his plan for this season is to go for the diamond. We're already stacked there.

A few people need to go.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

If we sign another midfielder then I think his plan for this season is to go for the diamond. We're already stacked there.

A few people need to go.

Or he’ll do something I found infuriating when he was our manager and come up with a weird shape that has as many players out of position as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

This is the one I'm pretty confident we'll secure. In the priority of defender, winger and midfielder though this one would be comfortably 3rd. It's the winger I want still. We need more goals in the side.

• The title was changed to Dennis Praet - Leicester Bid £20m For Sampdoria Midfielder
  • Administrator
36 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Overrated midfielder. The fact that AC Milan was the team to beat for his transfer tells you everything about the poor scouting by lcfc. 

The same scouting that got Harry Maguire in, who you've just signed?

Yeah, good one Teso xD 

• Administrator
58 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Obviously finding a gem like Maguire has them over their head... 

How many times have you watched Praet, by the way? Genuinely interested. 

• Subscriber

I'd guess single figures, like the majority of us here. I'm basing it off what those who've watched him say and they seem to be quite impressed. He sounds like what I hoped Silva would be.

We are very midfield heavy at the minute. We have got to shift some of them to Europe this month.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Maddison on the bench? 

The more I think about it the more convinced I am he's going for the diamond.

Schmeichel

Ricardo - Evans - Soyuncu - Chilwell

Ndidi

Praet - Tielemans

Maddison

Perez - Vardy

Could be changes to that yet. Keep your eyes out for us tomorrow, likely to have a very busy day according to those in the know.

• The title was changed to Dennis Praet - Leicester Sign Midfielder From Sampdoria
  • Subscriber

Like what I've read about him to be honest. Think he'll be a good fit.

I am slightly underwhelmed by the window though as I think we're a little light in some areas still. We are not much away from relying on a 36 year old Morgan, Iheanacho and Gray.

Interested to see what he does but as stated, the likeliest I'd say now is the diamond, that's what our squad is most fit for.

16 hours ago, Dan said:

The more I think about it the more convinced I am he's going for the diamond.

Schmeichel

Ricardo - Evans - Soyuncu - Chilwell

Ndidi

Praet - Tielemans

Maddison

Perez - Vardy

Could be changes to that yet. Keep your eyes out for us tomorrow, likely to have a very busy day according to those in the know.

The diamond is a good shout with Rodgers, he loves it.

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Seems like we've got the perfect players as well.

Ndidi/Praet/Tielemans/Maddison isn't too shabby at all. 

Then we've got Choudhury that can play in Ndidi/Praet role if necessary.

Still holding out hope Rodgers can get some decent benefit out of Silva if he stays as well.

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I can't see how it won't be. We are absolutely stacked for midfielders now and still pretty light out wide.

Don't get me wrong I don't think we've had a poor window but I thought it would be a little better.

• Subscriber

I reckon as well if you're looking at back-ups in a diamond, Harvey Barnes now becomes either the ten or a striker. I actually think he's got the attributes to be a good striker and could see us going up that route - would save having to shell a load on one. Iheanacho is going to get another shot at some point this season but he cannot be relied upon until he's demonstrated some form, I can't be any fairer than that.

I really think Gray is in danger of fizzling out here but he can blame nobody but himself. The myth that he hasn't had chances has been debunked and he's just been exactly what he's been since we signed him - glimpses of ability but plenty of flaws.

• 4 months later...

Archived