talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Question a Member: Eco

football forum

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you think about this whole equal pay debate?

Ever attended the US Open, or any other Grand Slam for that matter?

Favourite episode of "Drive to Survive?" 

How's the family?

• Administrator

If you could play one male and one female tennis player (separate matches), who would you choose and on what surface?

What's the best thing about living in Atlanta?

Have you ever been to the UK? If not, what would be the first place(s) you visit?

What's the most amount of profile picture changes you've done in a month :ph34r:?

Snog, Marry & Avoid 3 of the following members - @SirBalon @IgnisExcubitor and @RandoEFC

• Subscriber
  • What's the most disheartening thing about the state of American football outside of the equality pay scenario?
  • Hows that new setup you got from Dell treating you?
  • Whats sports from the NCAA do you follow if any?
  • Best stadium you've ever been to?
  • Whats your favorite West-Coast state and why? 

Your favourite Peruvian in the MLS?

Peru vs the USMNT - what clashes do you see as a problem or a strong point for the Americans against us? (as in winger vs full back, striker vs centre back, etc)

Top 3 cities in Canada?

Bocaraton vs Chicago?

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

What do you think about this whole equal pay debate? I am 100% for it. The women should get paid that same percentage of money they bring in as the men do. 

Ever attended the US Open, or any other Grand Slam for that matter? Went to the French Open when I was in high school. I sat with my Dad at one of the smaller courts and it was 'meh', although now that I love tennis, I'd certainly appreciate it more now. 

Favourite episode of "Drive to Survive?" The 3rd Episode, Redemption. Love seeing Ricciardo win Monaco. 

How's the family? All is good. Everyone is healthy, wife is happy, kid is 20 months and currently getting potty trained so I can't complain. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

If you could play one male and one female tennis player (separate matches), who would you choose and on what surface? Female is easy, it's Serena. I admire her so much and would love to play her. On the Men's side, it would be Rafa. I often play on clay courts and love to try to match my game to his, and so it's be great to play the best ever clay player on clay. 

What's the best thing about living in Atlanta? We have the large city feel, yet there are mountains not far away, and beaches within a 1/2 days drive. No matter what you are wanting to do, we have it. We are also one of the major cities in terms of the Civil Rights movement and so we are very progressive and diverse, especially since we are still 'in the south'. 

Have you ever been to the UK? If not, what would be the first place(s) you visit? Oh yeah, I've been there many times. London of course, but I've been to , Portsmouth, Blyth, Bristol, and places in-between. 

What's the most amount of profile picture changes you've done in a month :ph34r:Whew - maybe 20? I usually keep an avi for 2-3 weeks, and then will change it 15 times in a row trying to line it up just right and make sure it is up to my standards. 

Snog, Marry & Avoid 3 of the following members - @SirBalon @IgnisExcubitor and @RandoEFC Marry Rando, Snog Sir Balon, Avoid Ignis. 

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:
  • What's the most disheartening thing about the state of American football outside of the equality pay scenario? We might be one of the most gifted, athletic, countries in the world. We crush the Olympics, and have numerous sports that we absolutely dominate in. Yet all these athletes never choose soccer. Pulisic is a unique one, but if we could just get more young athletes playing the game, we'd be top 10 in the world. 
  • Hows that new setup you got from Dell treating you?  Great! I notice that after I put my kid to bed and speak with the wife for a few minutes, I usually am on it either working or learning French. It's a dream. 
  • Whats sports from the NCAA do you follow if any? So I went to the University of Alabama, which is a major football powerhouse that get home crowds over 105k weekly. So I follow American Football in the NCAA, basketball, and hockey. If Alabama is doing well in a sport though, I'll watch it like I did this year when our Softball team made it to the World Series. 
  • Best stadium you've ever been to? Mercedes Benz here in Atlanta. It's probably the most eye popping stadium in the world (I've added photos below), and it's where Atlanta United play, as well as the Atlanta Falcons. 
  • Whats your favorite West-Coast state and why? Oregon. I grew up a runner and Eugene, Oregon is kind of the Mecca of running here in the States. It's where Nike started, it's the home of the most famous American runner of all time, Steve Prefontaine, and it's absolutely stunning. I have been there twice, once to run Nationals when I was in High School, and then again after college just to visit with my Dad. I absolutely love that state though. 

999476412.jpg.1504558796.jpg

Mercedes-Benz-Stadium.jpg

ATLUTD_MontrealImpact_KH_09242017-194%20

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

If you could play one male and one female tennis player (separate matches), who would you choose and on what surface? Female is easy, it's Serena. I admire her so much and would love to play her. On the Men's side, it would be Rafa. I often play on clay courts and love to try to match my game to his, and so it's be great to play the best ever clay player on clay. 

What's the best thing about living in Atlanta? We have the large city feel, yet there are mountains not far away, and beaches within a 1/2 days drive. No matter what you are wanting to do, we have it. We are also one of the major cities in terms of the Civil Rights movement and so we are very progressive and diverse, especially since we are still 'in the south'. 

Have you ever been to the UK? If not, what would be the first place(s) you visit? Oh yeah, I've been there many times. London of course, but I've been to , Portsmouth, Blyth, Bristol, and places in-between. 

What's the most amount of profile picture changes you've done in a month :ph34r:Whew - maybe 20? I usually keep an avi for 2-3 weeks, and then will change it 15 times in a row trying to line it up just right and make sure it is up to my standards. 

Snog, Marry & Avoid 3 of the following members - @SirBalon @IgnisExcubitor and @RandoEFC Marry Rando, Snog Sir Balon, Avoid Ignis. 

I'd love to visit Atlanta one day. Sounds like a great place. How long have you lived there?

What was your favourite part in visiting UK and what was the reason for coming?

Is there anywhere else you'd like/want to visit in UK?

4 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Your favourite Peruvian in the MLS? Without google, I can only think of one, and that's Rudiaz, who I do think would be a top 5 in goals scored if healthy for a whole year. BUT, he's still not shown to be on par with Vela or Josef. 

Peru vs the USMNT - what clashes do you see as a problem or a strong point for the Americans against us? (as in winger vs full back, striker vs centre back, etc) We have one thing that I don't see in Peru, and it's that player who can make something out of nothing. Pulisic would be your biggest worry as when he's playing his game, he causing a ton of headaches and nightmares. Other than that, we are pretty weak, but we have a lot of promising talent in the younger ranks. 

Top 3 cities in Canada? Montreal, Vancouver, & Toronto. (F*** Winnipeg)

Bocaraton vs Chicago?  Do you mean Boca Raton? Boca Raton is absolutely great to live and visit in, and is known for having a ton of pretty ladies there. Chicago is more classic, but suffers from high crime and horrid Winters. 

I agree with your assessment on Ruidiaz. He's a great goalscorer but obviously not as good as Josef or Vela. I just wish he didn't get injured :( 

I am going to Winnipeg in October for the first time for an away game. Valour FC vs York 9 :D 

As for the final question, I asked because I lived in both when I was still a baby. About 1 year in both places.

@Eco

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Eco said:

Mercedes-Benz-Stadium.jpg

That is a gorgeous stadium inside shot. Went to the Raymond James once when I lived in Florida and liked that kind of setting as well but the Merc stadium feels like it would generate a better atmosphere.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I'd love to visit Atlanta one day. Sounds like a great place. How long have you lived there? Come! You have a free place to stay although I do live in the Suburbs (about 15 minutes drive to Atlanta). I was born here in 1986, live outside of here for 4 years during college (Alabama), and 4 years outside the country (2 in Russia, 2 in China). 

What was your favourite part in visiting UK and what was the reason for coming? Honestly, there was this pub my Dad and I went to in ...I think it's called Swiss Cottage? Anyways, I was sitting there my Inter Milan kit, and this young kid walks up to me in a Spurs kit and says, 'Sir, who's that?', and I replied with, 'Inter Milan', and then he goes, 'Inter Milan? They're rubbish!'. Man, my Dad and I laughed so hard about that kid, and honestly I can't hate Spurs because of him...we just don't get that kind of passion for soccer here in the States.

Is there anywhere else you'd like/want to visit in UK? Love to visit Liverpool, Manchester, and Newcastle. Leicester and Bolton are also up on the list. 

• Subscriber

What's your favourite whisky?

What's your favourite cigar? Do you still keep a collection? 

What car do you drive?

Will you still be following German football/Eintracht Frankfurt next season?

What's the best and the worst thing about F1?

Do you follow any other motorsports?

What are your main hobbies and interests?

Worst travel memory?

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

That is a gorgeous stadium inside shot. Went to the Raymond James once when I lived in Florida and liked that kind of setting as well but the Merc stadium feels like it would generate a better atmosphere.

Football games are insane. American football games are 'meh' because there is so much to do and the NFL is becoming a suits league so people just want to walk around, see the stores and restaurants, and not give two shits about the match. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Football games are insane. American football games are 'meh' because there is so much to do and the NFL is becoming a suits league so people just want to walk around, see the stores and restaurants, and not give two shits about the match. 

Have to agree on the commercialization part because I felt like it was a day out more than going to a match went to watch the Buccaneers. My favorite stadium was the SAP Center for a Sharks match. That was something special. 

Do you get out to games often? 

Oddest thing ever seen in your time in China?

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Eco said:

I'd love to visit Atlanta one day. Sounds like a great place. How long have you lived there? Come! You have a free place to stay although I do live in the Suburbs (about 15 minutes drive to Atlanta). I was born here in 1986, live outside of here for 4 years during college (Alabama), and 4 years outside the country (2 in Russia, 2 in China). 

What was your favourite part in visiting UK and what was the reason for coming? Honestly, there was this pub my Dad and I went to in ...I think it's called Swiss Cottage? Anyways, I was sitting there my Inter Milan kit, and this young kid walks up to me in a Spurs kit and says, 'Sir, who's that?', and I replied with, 'Inter Milan', and then he goes, 'Inter Milan? They're rubbish!'. Man, my Dad and I laughed so hard about that kid, and honestly I can't hate Spurs because of him...we just don't get that kind of passion for soccer here in the States.

Is there anywhere else you'd like/want to visit in UK? Love to visit Liverpool, Manchester, and Newcastle. Leicester and Bolton are also up on the list. 

Very kind, sir, thank you. It's on the holiday bucket list. 

What was Russia & China like? I presume you were there through work?

Yeah Swiss Cottage is a place in London, just north-west of the city. 

Liverpool/Manchester/Newcastle are all great cities - only ever visited all 3 for long weekends or nights out (Liverpool & Newcastle for stag do's). Always had a great time! If you're ever come to UK and go to Leicester give me a shout!

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

What's your favourite whisky? I love Dalmore 12 Years. 

What's your favourite cigar? Do you still keep a collection? Whew, I haven't smoked one in awhile, but I still have my working humidor at home with maybe 50 cigars in there. But back in the day I'd love to light up a Drew Estates Undercrown Maduro. 

What car do you drive? 2018 Mazda6 - Silver. 

Will you still be following German football/Eintracht Frankfurt next season? I will! I absolutely loved watching them last year, and I'll continue to watch. I quit trying to learn German so that I can focus on Spanish and French, but after I get better in those two, I'll pick it back up again and use football as my language drug. 

What's the best and the worst thing about F1? Worst is that it's dominated by 1, maybe 2 drivers. This year it's been Mercedes 1/2 for so many races that everything is basically already decided. The best thing is some of the strategy. That double pit Mercedes did with Hamilton and Bottas in Baku (maybe?) still amazes me. 

Do you follow any other motorsports? No - I have never tried Indy or Nascar and those are the popular ones here. I wish I could get into Le Mans

What are your main hobbies and interests? Running, Reading, and Languages. I run about 40 miles a week, read about 50 books a year, and I'm always learning or brushing up on a language. 

Worst travel memory? Going to Amsterdam when I was 12. Dad and I went to the famous 'Red Light District' during the day and being at my age...I had immense trouble trying to hide the tend I was pitching in my pants and I remember being SO embarrassed thinking everyone noticed. 

8 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Have to agree on the commercialization part because I felt like it was a day out more than going to a match went to watch the Buccaneers. My favorite stadium was the SAP Center for a Sharks match. That was something special. 

Do you get out to games often? We have season tickets to United. But I go maybe 1/3 of the games. I know @Cannabis hates it, but having a small child really does make it a mare to go to all the matches, especially the late ones. 

Oddest thing ever seen in your time in China? I accidentally ate dog while I was there, but the oddest thing was the father of a girl I dated. He was the People's Communist Leader of the Shanaaxi Provence, and invited me to his underground, very illegal, poker tournament. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Very kind, sir, thank you. It's on the holiday bucket list. 

What was Russia & China like? I presume you were there through work? Loved both for different reasons. Russia was to visit family, actually. If I'm being completely honest, I think non-white people would much rather enjoy China over Russia. I love the history of Russia, but they still are very weird about people of different colors, and in the city where my family lives, they have zero non-whites living there so if you go and aren't white, you'd stick out and likely be stared at.  

Yeah Swiss Cottage is a place in London, just north-west of the city. 

Liverpool/Manchester/Newcastle are all great cities - only ever visited all 3 for long weekends or nights out (Liverpool & Newcastle for stag do's). Always had a great time! If you're ever come to UK and go to Leicester give me a shout! Will do. I think the wife and I are going to go to Europe next year for her 30th, so we are figuring out what to do, and where to go. Would love to visit the UK again and maybe meet up with some of you. 

Favorite and least favourite American state ?

Which American state is the least American ?

How long do you think US will remain the only superpower of the world ?

Why do you thought i was from Saudi Arabia in follow a team from the WC last year ?

Which of these is the equivalent of letter ' B ' in Arabic

A. ع

B. ت

C. ب

D. س

Do you think playing national anthems at cinemas is cheesy ?

If you had to turn to a life of crime which field will you choose out of these

A. Murderer

B. Rapist

C. Burglar

D. Drug dealer

Do you accept you pick on Grizzly sometimes for fun ?

Turkey or Greece

Baseball or Ice Hockey 

Genghis Khan or Attila the Hun

Out of Spike and Dr Gonzo if you had to grant American citizenship to only one of those who would you give to and why ?

Guess the personality 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZMNVyzl9ZMoJkge3Z1GM

1 minute ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Favorite and least favourite American state ? Favorite is either Arizona or Colorado. Least Favorite is Mississippi. 

Which American state is the least American ? That's very interesting...maybe Mississippi. They, right now, is what America was back in the 60's. They are backwards AF. 

How long do you think US will remain the only superpower of the world ? Hmm...are we the only superpower? I'd say China is right up there with us. If that's the case, it won't be much longer as I think China is growing faster than us, but as long we attempt to remain friends with them, the world should be a better and safer place. I'm shocked India isn't closer in this conversation...and I'm curious why. Is it the politics? Poverty? Too many languages? 

Why do you thought i was from Saudi Arabia in follow a team from the WC last year ? I don't remember. I also don't show flags on here, so if you're flag really shows where you are from, I don't see them. 

Which of these is the equivalent of letter ' B ' in Arabic I actually do remember this from trying to learn Arabic! The answer is 'C'. 

A. ع

B. ت

C. ب

D. س

Do you think playing national anthems at cinemas is cheesy ? Cinemas? Absolutely. Sporting events? no. I have never heard of something playing the anthem at the movies. 

If you had to turn to a life of crime which field will you choose out of these

A. Murderer

B. Rapist

C. Burglar

D. Drug dealer

Do you accept you pick on Grizzly sometimes for fun ? I'll even tag him as I think he would agree with me. @Grizzly21 and I have a love hate relationship. We see eye to eye on a lot, but on other topics we are so far apart it's insane. I respect him and the stuff he's been through, the fact that he has done things in the past, yet continues to stay here and post. But he just admitted that Raul isn't up to Josef's standard yet, so now we are all good. xD

Turkey or Greece One of my best friends since childhood is from Turkey. Also love the fact that it's partially Christian, partially Muslim (similar to Egypt). I'd love to see the Blue Mosque one day. 

Baseball or Ice Hockey - Hardest sport in the world to play. Hand, foot,  eye coordination all while on ice and having to keep your head up so you don't get your head knocked off.  

Genghis Khan or Attila the Hun I don't know much about Attila, but Khan's story is absolutely incredible. 

Out of Spike and Dr Gonzo if you had to grant American citizenship to only one of those who would you give to and why ? Gonzo, as I think he'd appreciate it more. I think Spike is here because it's easier with his wife/gf, but Gonzo seems to enjoy this country more. 

Guess the personality  Cunt? 

On 01/06/2018 at 00:23, Eco said:

@Devon Von Devon - Want to help a brother out? I got your country in the adoption process. 

On 01/06/2018 at 00:29, Eco said:

Damn. I'm back to being a lone wolf. 

Sorry Devon, for some reason I thought you were from KSA :dam:

6 minutes ago, Eco said:

Guess the personality  Cunt? 

Almost

7 minutes ago, Eco said:

Which of these is the equivalent of letter ' B ' in Arabic I actually do remember this from trying to learn Arabic! The answer is 'C'. 

A. ع

B. ت

C. ب

D. س

Correct

You go in to a bar and order a cocktail. What do you order?

Would you rather have a big flat lush green lawn or a nice big garden full of plants?

How old were you when you met your wife?

What is your favourite thing to do with your daughter?

Top 5 all time favourite tv shows.

What is the greatest movie ever made?

What's the best decade for music?

Do Americans talk politics in the workplace or is it taboo given the hyper partisanship that's present there?

Do you vote?

Winter or summer Olympics?

Best bond actor.

20 minutes ago, Harry said:

You go in to a bar and order a cocktail. What do you order? Oldfashion

Would you rather have a big flat lush green lawn or a nice big garden full of plants? Lawn for sure ( I have a dog and kid that would enjoy it more than plants)

How old were you when you met your wife? 33 years old - 7 years together = 26 years old. 

What is your favourite thing to do with your daughter? Read her stories at night. She looks acting them out and we usually read between 3-5 books a night.

Top 5 all time favourite tv shows. GoT, Fringe, The Office, Friends, Seinfeld

What is the greatest movie ever made? Inception or Interstellar

What's the best decade for music? 90's

Do Americans talk politics in the workplace or is it taboo given the hyper partisanship that's present there? Everyone talks about politics, everywhere. Drives me nuts. 

Do you vote? Yes, I'm actually in a state that matters. 

Winter or summer Olympics? eh, Summer has the marathon, but the winter has cross country skiing. But I guess I'll have to go with Summer. 

Best bond actor. I love classic bond, and that to me is the one and only Sean Connery. 

• Subscriber

What did you like most and least about living in China? Russia?

If you had to choose 5 things to take with you to a tropical desert island, what would you take?

Most favourite Star Wars movie?

Worst book you ever read?

Are there any countries you would never visit? Why?

What is something most people wouldn't believe about you?

If you could pick a day to relive over and over, Groundhog Day style, what day would it be and why?

If you could intervene during any history changing event, what would it be?

6 hours ago, Eco said:

and currently getting potty trained so I can't complain.

Don't you think it's a bit late in life for you to be getting trained on how to use the toilet or is that an American thing??? We normally start that sort of training as children here in the UK??? 

• The topic was locked

Archived