talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Question a Member: Eco

football forum

2 hours ago, nudge said:

What did you like most and least about living in China? Russia? 

China - (WORST) Easily the pollution. There was dust everywhere and it was hard as hell on my lungs. (BEST) The activity levels and care for senior citizens. It's a lesson a lot of people could learn from about how to take care of yourself even in your old age. 

Russia - (WORST) Would say that even as an American with Russian family, I never really did feel quite safe, and that's gets tiring after awhile. (BEST) Going to visit the home of Dostoevsky, along with his grave. Absolutely visiting all of the historical sites was unreal. 

If you had to choose 5 things to take with you to a tropical desert island, what would you take? Whiskey, Hammock, Tent, Kindle with every novel plus an unlimited battery, and a radio. 

Most favourite Star Wars movie? Empire Strikes Back

Worst book you ever read? A book for work called the Challenger Sale. Was mainly saying that to be successful selling, you have to be a dick. I still don't understand why it's so popular. 

Are there any countries you would never visit? Why? A lot of Africa due to the unrest there, and I rather enjoy my safe place so I wouldn't go there...Other than that, I can't think of another location I'd not love to visit. 

What is something most people wouldn't believe about you? I was engaged to someone before I met my wife. 

If you could pick a day to relive over and over, Groundhog Day style, what day would it be and why? My wedding day. We had an outdoor party that lasted from 5pm to 3am, and was probably the most fun I've ever had. 

If you could intervene during any history changing event, what would it be? First thought would be in 1812 with France's invasion of Russia. I rather see Napoleon as a extremely interesting character, and I would like to have stopped him before leading the troops into Russia and having the bloodiest battle in the Napoleonic Wars. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you could punch one person in the face with no reprucussions whatsoever, but it has to be your hardest possible punch, who's face would you punch?

Do you like the Bill & Ted films?

Do you like Mexican food?

What's your favourite kind of food?

That's all I've got

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If you could punch one person in the face with no reprucussions whatsoever, but it has to be your hardest possible punch, who's face would you punch?

Do you like the Bill & Ted films?

Do you like Mexican food?

What's your favourite kind of food?

That's all I've got

You forgot to ask what his dream car is.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

You forgot to ask what his dream car is.

Oh yeah, @Eco - what's your dream car?

I was gonna ask if you would deport me. But then I read that you'd give me citizenship, so I guess the answer to that is "no, I wouldn't deport you Gonzo"

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If you could punch one person in the face with no reprucussions whatsoever, but it has to be your hardest possible punch, who's face would you punch? Luis Saurez - Hands down. 

Do you like the Bill & Ted films? Never seen them. I don't watch a ton of TV or Movies. 

Do you like Mexican food? One of my favorites

What's your favourite kind of food? Italian. I'm a slut for pasta. 

That's all I've got

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Oh yeah, @Eco - what's your dream car? Probably a red 2019 Range Rover Sport .

I was gonna ask if you would deport me. But then I read that you'd give me citizenship, so I guess the answer to that is "no, I wouldn't deport you Gonzo" F*ck off then! 

16 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

How would you describe your ideal wedding?

Where would you take the lucky guy on your honeymoon?

How many kids do you want?

Are we moving too fast?

xD

• What's your most embarrassing moment in your life where you thought "Please lord bury me"... Tell all!
  • For whatever reason (an important one maybe), have you ever had to be a hypocrite and pretend to like someone or agree with something you are against.
  • Have you ever cheated on your (or a) partner?
  • Apart from Atlanta, Inter or the US national side...  What's the most excited you have ever been in a football match where you went unusually mental?
  • If you were to move away from the US, where would be your favoured place to go and live?
  • If you could change something about the area and people where you live, what would it be?
  • Do you have a phobia, if so what is it?
  • If reincarnation exists and you couldn't come back as a human being but could choose what to return as, what would it be?
  • Have you ever envied someone, if yes, why and whom?
  • Even if totally out of the ordinary (or it may not be out of the ordinary), what would be your dream job or maybe owning some sort of business...  Tell us about your thoughts on that.
  • If you wasn't you, but you were introduced to you and due to shared friends you suddenly started to see more of you...  What would be your thoughts on you and would you make a close friendship with you?  In total...  What would be the resume you think others that know you, think. 
  • Who's your favourite footballer of all time?

13 hours ago, Harry said:

@Eco

Name one person that if you bumped into them in your every day life you'd just completely lose your shit like a screaming crying little fan girl who couldn't control their excitement? I honestly can't think of anyone off the top of my head. Maybe someone like Obama.

13 hours ago, SirBalon said:
  • What's your most embarrassing moment in your life where you thought "Please lord bury me"... Tell all! Did you not see my response to @nudge on the first page? That was awfully embarrassing
  • For whatever reason (an important one maybe), have you ever had to be a hypocrite and pretend to like someone or agree with something you are against. Yes - often, because everything is so political so whether it's your boss, or a customer, you often have to 'bite your tongue' and go along. 
  • Have you ever cheated on your (or a) partner? Yes. Not my wife, though, but I have. Felt like proper shit about it, too. 
  • Apart from Atlanta, Inter or the US national side...  What's the most excited you have ever been in a football match where you went unusually mental?  Easy - Italy defeated Germany in the 2006 World Cup Semi's. I ran outside with an Italian flag drapped over my shoulders screaming 'Viva Italia! Viva Italia!"
  • If you were to move away from the US, where would be your favoured place to go and live? Copenhagen, Denmark. 
  • If you could change something about the area and people where you live, what would it be? That they would learn to enjoy life and not think everything is so damn serious. 
  • Do you have a phobia, if so what is it? I'm not fond of heights, and I hate loud 'booms' like thunder and fireworks, although the two latter ones I hide fairly well. 
  • If reincarnation exists and you couldn't come back as a human being but could choose what to return as, what would it be? Eagle. Fly around the world, see things that humans may never see, and not be tied down to one place. 
  • Have you ever envied someone, if yes, why and whom? Yes - I think most people probably have. The only one I can think of is one of my friends, who just seems to have it all put together, and since we were kids, has just had so much self-confidence that I think allowed him to take more chances, and be great. when i was growing up, I struggled like most with self-confidence so I certainly envied him. 
  • Even if totally out of the ordinary (or it may not be out of the ordinary), what would be your dream job or maybe owning some sort of business...  Tell us about your thoughts on that. Be a profressional runner OR be a CISO for a Hoka One One or Altra. I'd love to be surrounded by runners at all working hours. 
  • If you wasn't you, but you were introduced to you and due to shared friends you suddenly started to see more of you...  What would be your thoughts on you and would you make a close friendship with you?  In total...  What would be the resume you think others that know you, think. I'd probably find myself very standoff-ish. I'm an introvert, and so naturally going to places and meeting people drains the life our of me. 
  • Who's your favourite footballer of all time? Probably Marco Materazzi. 

3 hours ago, Michael Simeonovitch said:

What's your problem with me? No problem, you are annoy me. You post things against Inter Milan not realizing that AC are either doing the same, or worse. You spout off all these statements without backing them up with facts and then go into hiding when called out on them. Very little really annoys me, but people (or posters) who states things as 'Fact', without doing any research, is certainly something that gets under my nerves. 

16 minutes ago, Eco said:

Marco Materazzi?

Not because of who, but who! I definitely hope he isn't a reflection of you in any way mate. Him along with Sinisa Mihaijlović I found despicable as characters.

22 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Marco Materazzi?

Not because of who, but who! I definitely hope he isn't a reflection of you in any way mate. Him along with Sinisa Mihaijlović I found despicable as characters.

Ha! Yeah - I think he's actually a solid guy in real life (still heavily involved with Inter and I haven't heard anything bad about him). He was incredibly reckless at times, but he was such a bull and an elite defender. 

Plus - Was there when he did this against Messina. 

5 minutes ago, Eco said:

Ha! Yeah - I think he's actually a solid guy in real life (still heavily involved with Inter and I haven't heard anything bad about him). He was incredibly reckless at times, but he was such a bull and an elite defender. 

Plus - Was there when he did this against Messina. 

I just can't forget what he said to Zinedine Zidane which subsequently ended up with the French player being red carded. One of the lowest things I've ever witnessed in football to be honest mate. I just can't erase that from my head whenever his name pops up.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I just can't forget what he said to Zinedine Zidane which subsequently ended up with the French player being red carded. One of the lowest things I've ever witnessed in football to be honest mate. I just can't erase that from my head whenever his name pops up.

Yeah definitely not a good moment for him, but I guess I rarely think about it. 

If it makes you feel any different, I was struggling between Cambiasso, Zanetti, and Adriano, and of course, of the greatest of all time and player that made football beautiful to me, Theiry Henry. 

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

What was the first football match you went to? Still the greatest game I've ever witnessed. My dad and I were in Milan, decided to buy tickets since it was Inter vs Milan, the tickets we bought were on the 'Blue' side, so I became an Inter fan because of this match and where we were sitting. 

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

What was your dream job when you were younger? Author and/or Architect. 

41 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yeah definitely not a good moment for him, but I guess I rarely think about it. 

If it makes you feel any different, I was struggling between Cambiasso, Zanetti, and Adriano, and of course, of the greatest of all time and player that made football beautiful to me, Theiry Henry. 

If I were an Inter fan and having to choose from contemporary footballers, then Zanetti is the man by a million light-years.

As for Inter's greatest footballer, I feel pride in saying that Luisíto (the real Luis Suárez) who is a countryman of mine in Galicia, is the man that finally made Inter great.

• Subscriber

Most favourite F1 driver (bar Ricciardo)?

Least favourite F1 driver?

You can invite 5 fictional characters for dinner. Who do you invite and why?

Do you cook? What's your best/most favourite dish to cook?

• Administrator

That's one hell of a first game to go to xD 

If you couldn't support Atlanta or couldn't see them, or if they didn't even exist, who would be the club you follow and watch in US?

Do you get to go to many Falcons games?

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

If I were an Inter fan and having to choose from contemporary footballers, then Zanetti is the man by a million light-years.

As for Inter's greatest footballer, I feel pride in saying that Luisíto (the real Luis Suárez) who is a countryman of mine in Galicia, is the man that finally made Inter great.

Zanetti was awesome, but I loved as a kid watching Materazzi take on the biggest and best. Marco is/was sooooooooooo passionate that he is an Inter idol. 

I have read a lot about Luis Saurez, but he was wayyyyyyyy before my time in terms of getting involved in football. 

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Most favourite F1 driver (bar Ricciardo)? Either Max or Lando. Max is an absolutely different person than the one protrayed in the series, and Lando just seems like a really nice, young kid. 

Least favourite F1 driver? Grossjean - Only because he frustrates me with how poorly he has been and I'm not sure really why he is still an F1 driver. 

You can invite 5 fictional characters for dinner. Who do you invite and why?  

1. Prince Lev Myshkin - favorite book ever, and  really one of the most intriguing characters in any book. 
2. Superman - Why not? 
3. Luke Skywalker - Absolute Legend
4. Captain Kirk - Again, absolute legend, and while I'm more of a Spock fan, CK would be a better dinner guest. 
5. Jessica Rabbit - Growing up I used to stop breathing when she would come on the screen. Incredible. 

Do you cook? What's your best/most favourite dish to cook?

I do. I was vegetarian for so long that I kind of had to learn how to cook. One of my favorite and most complimented meals is my Eggplant Parm. 

11 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Why did you use Eco as your screen name in TF365? One of my favorite authors, that I had the pleasure of meeting before he passed away was Umberto Eco. 

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

That's one hell of a first game to go to xD 

If you couldn't support Atlanta or couldn't see them, or if they didn't even exist, who would be the club you follow and watch in US? I rarely watched the MLS before Atlanta arrived. But, since I spend a lot of time in Columbus (wife is from there), it'd definitely be the Columbus Crew. 

Do you get to go to many Falcons games? Nope - I don't watch a ton of NFL and going to a game probably would cost me $300 for a ticket for the wife and I, so it really just doesn't seem worth it to me. 

• The topic was locked

Archived