talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Laurent Koscielny - Signs for Girondins de Bordeaux

Embarrassing behaviour for our club captain, glad the club just straight up outed him and he should be stripped of his captaincy as well. Apparently he wants to go back to France, but we are looking for a fee as he still has one year left. He wants to mutually end his deal now so he can go on a free but we are refusing to do that according to reports. 

It's a shame because I've always liked Koscielny but I think the club have done right by being transparent about the situation. The rest of the squad left today and I believe it was today where he refused to go. I fully expect him to leave now. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Diego Payet.

That's the chap.

Maybe it might be unfair to connect the two situations but nobody can blame one for doing it because it's the same lament being used. In Payet's case there was no sentiment or emotion to hold onto like the one here with Laurent Koscielny for Arsenal.

Koscielny arrived at Arsenal in 2010 which means he would be potentially playing his 10th year for us and in the old days this would now constitute as a club legend status no matter how the club had performed during that period due to the fact the footballer would also be eligible for a testimonial game.

To pull this after all this time and not try to sort things out amicably without any public shananigans is embarrassing and repulsive if true.

Talk of him wanting to buy out his contract coming out today. Its very strange he has one year and is earning 90k p/w here, no way he'll earn anywhere near that at the clubs interested who are apparently Rennes, Lyon and Bordeaux. Surely if a move doesn't materialise for him, he has only got a year left and will probably play a good amount of football whilst earning well out of his last year. 

I suspect as long as a decent enough bid comes in he will be allowed to go. He should never of expected to leave for free. Just goes to show what a crèche this club has become for players. 

• Subscriber

Something has clearly happened here, who knows maybe a spat or someone getting it in his head but the way it transpired is very weird considering the time this guy has been at the club. Imagine the kind of impression this leaves in a dressing room if your captain of all people says this the day that a tour trip is about to start. Totally weird and embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Surely one year early isn't worth torching your relationship with the club and the fans you spen't the majority of your career playing for...

If all of this is true, then his reputation at the club is tarnished and he means nothing anymore. Anything he has achieved or earned is lost!

How sad... Why do this on your final season and what a way right at the end to show that you have no care for the club.

Never would've expected this type of behaviour from Koscielny. Has always been a top professional. Wouldn't have been against selling him this summer anyway but now I have to call him a cunt before he leaves. Has been a great defender for us, a shame he has to ruin things on his way out.

Not sure how I feel about the club calling him out publicly though, not only does it create soap opera type drama but it also drives down his price (not that we'd get much for a 33 year old, injury prone defender with a year or two left as a player).

A damn shame.

Apparently Arsenal are holding out for a £10mil fee, which for a physically limited player who is at best going to give you a couple of seasons is insanely optimistic. 

Seems they're intent on keeping him until they can work up the funds to strengthen their defence, or at least scraping as much as they can for him if he does leave. 

• The title was changed to Lauren Koscielny - Refusing To Tour With Arsenal, May Leave Club
  • The title was changed to Laurent Koscielny - Refusing To Tour With Arsenal, May Leave Club

Arsenal are actually being very diplomatic and overly fair with that amount considering what Laurent Koscielny has done and is doing. It's absolutely disgusting what the player is subjecting his club to on hs final contractual year by demanding to go on a free and refusing to work.

• 3 weeks later...

Off to Bordeaux for £5m, shame how it ended and he probably will never really be highly regarded by our fan base now. Fair enough if he did want to go back to France, but he could of handled it far better. 

Hopefully Jenkinson is off to and we do get that CB. I reckon Tierney might be left until January now. 

Archived