talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Laurent Koscielny - Signs for Girondins de Bordeaux

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Stan said:

If you don't get a centre back are you seriously only left with Mustafi and Sokratis?! 

Chambers and Holding, club has to buy a centre back or at least get one in on loan. Holding won't be back until September and the other 3 are crap. Unless Mavropanos or Medley somehow become world beaters we are struggling for options at CB. 

Genuinely think the club wanted Koscielny to stay whilst getting rid of one of Mustafi or Chambers but that's obviously backfired. 

15 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Captain Leader Legend

No wait :ph34r:

Seriously good for Arsenal to get rid, he was solid for them however left as a cunt in my opinion.

There's absolutely no material available to defend a status of "legend" at Arsenal. He's had good moments, sometimes even very good but it's not as if he's made a distinguished mark by comparison to others throughout Arsenal's history in defence.  But whatever status he did have, it's dead and buried to have done what he did. A forgotten entity.

Sad really.

10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There's absolutely no material available to defend a status of "legend" at Arsenal. He's had good moments, sometimes even very good but it's not as if he's made a distinguished mark by comparison to others throughout Arsenal's history in defence.  But whatever status he did have, it's dead and buried to have done what he did. A forgotten entity.

Sad really.

Yes agreed no clue why he did what he did. I mean no disrespect to Bordeaux but he made a serious step down.

4 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Yes agreed no clue why he did what he did. I mean no disrespect to Bordeaux but he made a serious step down.

It's not just that... He had one season left on his contract which he could've seen out considering he knows and understands the situation Arsenal find themselves in defensively. To have been at the club that long and to decide to act like he did right at the end of his Arsenal career is mind boggling in all honesty! All he's shown by doing that is that Arsenal Football Club means absolutely nothing to him. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

It's not just that... He had one season left on his contract which he could've seen out considering he knows and understands the situation Arsenal find themselves in defensively. To have been at the club that long and to decide to act like he did right at the end of his Arsenal career is mind boggling in all honesty! All he's shown by doing that is that Arsenal Football Club means absolutely nothing to him. 

Fair to say mate, not many players care about the club. Okay there were players that spent decades in a certain team but mostly with clubs of great stature where the wages are huge and the trophy list is endless. I mean i found the situation with him amusing, but would it be amusing if it was a Chelsea player. Behaved like a cunt but could have had a hero status among the Arsenal fans.

1 minute ago, True Blue said:

Fair to say mate, not many players care about the club. Okay there were players that spent decades in a certain team but mostly with clubs of great stature where the wages are huge and the trophy list is endless. I mean i found the situation with him amusing, but would it be amusing if it was a Chelsea player. Behaved like a cunt but could have had a hero status among the Arsenal fans.

Right now without thinking too much off the top of my head two names come to mind from not you manor club names and had players that could've moved to the biggest and best during their time...

• Matthew Le Tissier (Southampton)
  • Julen Guerrero (Athletic Club Bilbao)

I'm sure there are many many more and in the more modern era of football where the money has become even more ridiculous I suppose it's even more difficult to find "loyalty". But this particular case is more acute than this because of the fact Koscielny had only 1 season left on his contract!

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Right now without thinking too much off the top of my head two names come to mind from not you manor club names and had players that could've moved to the biggest and best during their time...

• Matthew Le Tissier (Southampton)
  • Julen Guerrero (Athletic Club Bilbao)

I'm sure there are many many more and in the more modern era of football where the money has become even more ridiculous I suppose it's even more difficult to find "loyalty". But this particular case is more acute than this because of the fact Koscielny had only 1 season left on his contract!

I didn't say there wasn't players that could have moved but stayed because of loyalty. I stated that a much higher percentage is with players who already are at huge clubs.

I didn't say there wasn't players that could have moved but stayed because of loyalty. I stated that a much higher percentage is with players who already are at huge clubs.

Yeah, yeah... I see where you were going with that statement mate. "Arsenal are a mediocre club"  >:(

Talking about massive players staying at "run of the mill sides" throughout their best years brings to mind my avatar with Diego Maradona. We're not even talking a big name their in terms of a footballer... We're talking about arguably the greatest player of all time alongside Lionel Messi. To have moved from FC Barcelona (well, he was actually pushed out by the new coach Terry Venables, Maradona wanted to stay) to SSC Napoli where he took a yoyo club between divisions at that time and made them established and won things while staying throughout his best years and ignoring all offers is amazing!

It is a shame the way it's ended and with the promo video Bordeaux have released hasn't helped things. Seems as though Emery was desperate for Koscielny to stay, but I think he had his heart set on going back to France to be near his family. I reckon with the achilles injury he suffered I really doubt he would've wanted another season in the Prem. 

I do believe this could have been done more amicably, we shouldn't really be relying on a 34 year old who's on his last legs to still be anchoring our defence. It's a shame but it's done now and we move on. 

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Talking about massive players staying at "run of the mill sides" throughout their best years brings to mind my avatar with Diego Maradona. We're not even talking a big name their in terms of a footballer... We're talking about arguably the greatest player of all time alongside Lionel Messi. To have moved from FC Barcelona (well, he was actually pushed out by the new coach Terry Venables, Maradona wanted to stay) to SSC Napoli where he took a yoyo club between divisions at that time and made them established and won things while staying throughout his best years and ignoring all offers is amazing!

Well i've heard the cocaine in Naples is top notch, no wonder he stayed.

Well i've heard the cocaine in Naples is top notch, no wonder he stayed.

That was funny to be honest although it was an easy one. :P

But seriously though... It would’ve been the same as Lionel Messi leaving Barcelona at the age of 23 or so and going to Sunderland and winning top honours with them while staying there his best years. 

20 hours ago, ...Dan said:

I don't know who edited the title, but there's no question about it, he's a Bordeaux player.

What a strange video, showing him going through the physical and such. 

Solid player, especially for Bordeaux, but proper cunt. 

Archived