talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Sign 16-Year Old Louie Barry

imagen-oficial-del-fichaje-louie-barry-1

Pictured above, 16 year old Louie Barry, his father and Barça legend José María Bakero after the starlet signed his transfer from West Bromwich Albion to FC Barcelona.

The young English striker will go straight into Barça's 'B' team but with instant privileges to train with the first team every week. These privileges don't get offered to youth players everyday and it's a rarity until you're making a name for yourself in the youth category.

Barry is regarded as one of the biggest names in European youth football who is being touted to be one of the reference nanes in Europe for years to come. He has signed an intiial 3 year contract which is the maximum permitted by Spain's football authorities with young players from abroad on their very first contract.

Louie Barry is an U-16 International for England where he has already notched-up 6 goals for his country in that category.

Other top European clubs like Juventus, Bayern and PSG had been courting him for quite a while but the youngster chose Barcelona without a second thought when the French offer was much bigger with a £3m instant bonus for signing.

Barry can also play on the right cutting in and has an important attribute Barça always look for in anyone they sign which is that he is comfortable on both feet. Technically gifted and very intelligent in taking up positions on the field.

@Cannabis

• The title was changed to Barçelona Sign 16-Year Old Louie Barry
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Probably just an experiment which may work and may not. If it doesn't they get to try for three years and can release him back into the wild for the next club to take a chance on. This is actually good for English players is it not? They get to learn at one of the best youth academies and can then bring that to the national game or if they leave then it comes to a club of their choice.

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Probably just an experiment which may work and may not. If it doesn't they get to try for three years and can release him back into the wild for the next club to take a chance on. This is actually good for English players is it not? They get to learn at one of the best youth academies and can then bring that to the national game or if they leave then it comes to a club of their choice.

Training with Messi and co everyday is also tremendous for him.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Training with Messi and co everyday is also tremendous for him.

I'd imagine getting rid of what he's already learned via the youth academy produces a better end result on the field? I get that training with professionals who went through the same and then learning from them is beneficial as well and I am not disputing that but if you want to get it into a youngsters head about how things should work I'd figure the academy is far more skilled at that than the players or the current manager.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

I'd imagine getting rid of what he's already learned via the youth academy produces a better end result on the field? I get that training with professionals who went through the same and then learning from them is beneficial as well and I am not disputing that but if you want to get it into a youngsters head about how things should work I'd figure the academy is far more skilled at that than the players or the current manager.

The youngsters offered those privileges train under the orders of La Masia coaches even if they’re in and amongst the first team. Every year 5 players are selected.

I understand what you’re saying and I agree with you but trust me, he’ll be getting everything La Masia has to offer on a daily basis.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

The youngsters offered those privileges train under the orders of La Masia coaches even if they’re in and amongst the first team. Every year 5 players are selected.

I understand what you’re saying and I agree with you but trust me, he’ll be getting everything La Masia has to offer on a daily basis.

Oh I am sure this isn't going to be like actually being in the first team and more of a training to help foster the talent that the club sees in this guy. I didn't really know how La Masia operated in terms of training with the first team which is why I even posted in the first place. I also doubt we'll see this kid for another two seasons atleast anywhere in contention to take part in the first team unless he turns out to be some wonder-product. Even if he doesn't turn out to be all that Barcelona hopes they let him go by 19 and he can continue his career elsewhere as well which isn't a bad deal for either the club or the player.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Oh I am sure this isn't going to be like actually being in the first team and more of a training to help foster the talent that the club sees in this guy. I didn't really know how La Masia operated in terms of training with the first team which is why I even posted in the first place. I also doubt we'll see this kid for another two seasons atleast anywhere in contention to take part in the first team unless he turns out to be some wonder-product. Even if he doesn't turn out to be all that Barcelona hopes they let him go by 19 and he can continue his career elsewhere as well which isn't a bad deal for either the club or the player.

For those that have the possibility to watch Spain’s La Liga 1|2|3 (Spain’s second division) they’ll be able to watch him play. I watch plenty of those games and I love that division as it’s more entertaining than La Liga in many aspects. It’s all about him now... He has a chance! Plenty have gone into the first team. 

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

I have Spanish football on my TV at the moment, so glad to have it back. Last season was painful :(

I’m not upto date on what’s going on in that aspect. Who’s showing La Liga next season here in the UK mate?

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Just Eleven Sports as far as I know. I've bought a Portuguese TV box though which has SportTV, BeinSports and a few others which also have the rights to La Liga and 123 so I'll be able to watch it there :).

Great stuff mate! I subscribe to Canal+ Spain who own the rights to practically everything football in Spain. Had it for years which is when I stopped getting ripped off by SKY here in the UK. Also get the Premier League, more live games than even here in England. Oh, it’s a lot cheaper than SKY too!

On 11/07/2019 at 15:57, SirBalon said:

Great stuff mate! I subscribe to Canal+ Spain who own the rights to practically everything football in Spain. Had it for years which is when I stopped getting ripped off by SKY here in the UK. Also get the Premier League, more live games than even here in England. Oh, it’s a lot cheaper than SKY too!

How do I go about setting that up? couldnt fire me a pm could you mate please.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Rick said:

You'll need a VPN and I suspect a postal address in Spain

36 minutes ago, Rick said:

33 minutes ago, Batard said:

You'll need a VPN and I suspect a postal address in Spain

31 minutes ago, Rick said:

Fuck.....Balon, say im living with you.

It’s either what @Batard has just correctly advised or do what I do which is get someone’s address in Spain (I’ve got my own address out there) that don’t already subscribe to Canal+ and subscribe while bringing the box with you to the UK and simply plug it into your tv.

• 6 months later...

Archived