talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Peter Crouch retires from Football

football forum

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always liked Crouch. Remember his first goal v Wigan for us at Anfield. He'd gone from August to December without scoring for us or something like that. His shot took a huge deflection (think he got given the goal in the end) but the crowd went nuts when the ball crossed the line.

He'll do well in the media. His podcast is decent too.

• Subscriber

Likable guy and even when he was going through a bad spell you knew he had it in him to score something. I remember that hat-trick against Arsenal and someone saying it was the perfect hat-trick because he used both his legs and his head as well. Had a great first-touch as well from what I remember. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

His podcast is decent too.

Agreed. Very good to listen to and enjoy his stories and references on any given topic. Seems like a decent bloke, quite down-to-earth compared to some other footballers.

39 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Always liked him, seemed like a proper good guy. Had a good career, scored some outrages goals. Not sure is there a football fan that dislikes him, happy retirement Peter.

Funny how things change though. Earlier on in his career, when he first got into the England side, he was greeted with boos and shouts of 'freak' when coming on as a sub for England. This was a regular occurrence in the league at grounds up and down the country too. Maybe he won people over by showing he was actually a decent player

5 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Funny how things change though. Earlier on in his career, when he first got into the England side, he was greeted with boos and shouts of 'freak' when coming on as a sub for England. This was a regular occurrence in the league at grounds up and down the country too. Maybe he won people over by showing he was actually a decent player

People absolutely hated Crouch, especially once he joined us and went on that goal drought. Which I think helped me like him a whole lot more. A bit weird though because his goal record with England is actually pretty decent, better than a lot of other strikers who've played for England and never got such a reaction from other fans around England.

And then people started to really like Crouch, glad they finally saw the light. I love Crouchie, hope he goes into the media as his podcast is very good.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

People absolutely hated Crouch, especially once he joined us and went on that goal drought. Which I think helped me like him a whole lot more. A bit weird though because his goal record with England is actually pretty decent, better than a lot of other strikers who've played for England and never got such a reaction from other fans around England.

And then people started to really like Crouch, glad they finally saw the light. I love Crouchie, hope he goes into the media as his podcast is very good.

No doubt he'll make an appearance on Sky/BT on some of their matches they air. Maybe even MOTD as well.

He's played for a lot of clubs so could be used to represent them or even as the neutral pundit.

Archived