talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Douglas Luiz - Deal Agreed Between Man City & Aston Villa

• Administrator

Seems a decent bit of business here by Villa. £15m cheap.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48961186

Aston Villa have agreed a £15m deal with Manchester City for Brazil Under-23 captain Douglas Luiz.

Midfielder Luiz, 21, has been on loan at Girona for the past two seasons and has never played for City.

Villa believe he will be granted a work permit despite being denied one at the start of last season.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

There’s apparently a buyback clause so I’m not as enthusiastic as I originally would be but good business 

As long as you didn't do one as naively as PSV did recently with Angelino, even if he does well and they buy him back you should be making a decent profit on him. Although if they managed to get a low clause in like they did with Angelino, that's a bit shit for you because if he comes good, it's basically just a loan deal with some extra steps and a bit of extra money thrown around.

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

As long as you didn't do one as naively as PSV did recently with Angelino, even if he does well and they buy him back you should be making a decent profit on him. Although if they managed to get a low clause in like they did with Angelino, that's a bit shit for you because if he comes good, it's basically just a loan deal with some extra steps and a bit of extra money thrown around.

We've got one with Iheanacho. I wish it was obligatory.

9 minutes ago, Dan said:

We've got one with Iheanacho. I wish it was obligatory.

He's proof that even a shit player can look pretty decent when surrounded by world class players. Always looked fairly decent at City, but with you I think he's proven to be one of the worst strikers in the top flight.

How much is that fucker paid?

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I reckon it will be about £25m it’s work permit related, I think this means we’ve moved on from Kalvin Phillips to tbh

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He's proof that even a shit player can look pretty decent when surrounded by world class players. Always looked fairly decent at City, but with you I think he's proven to be one of the worst strikers in the top flight.

How much is that fucker paid?

I agree, it's a perfect system for them if they can flog them for good money off the back of that as a result.

He'll be on 70k minimum I reckon. Another three years left as well. Hideous by us. There's never an inbetween.

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I reckon it will be about £25m it’s work permit related, I think this means we’ve moved on from Kalvin Phillips to tbh

Any rumours on the reported buy back? I posted that before I'd even seen what you put. It's a Barcelona trick and Man City have adopted it. Personally dislike it as a concept - gives Manchester City the potential upside and the buyer any potential downside.

8 hours ago, Dan said:

I agree, it's a perfect system for them if they can flog them for good money off the back of that as a result.

He'll be on 70k minimum I reckon. Another three years left as well. Hideous by us. There's never an inbetween.

Any rumours on the reported buy back? I posted that before I'd even seen what you put. It's a Barcelona trick and Man City have adopted it. Personally dislike it as a concept - gives Manchester City the potential upside and the buyer any potential downside.

Only that there is a clause, based on what we said last season about “not developing other people’s players” and all loans having an option to purchase, I’d like to think we’ve agree to a deal like this then we’re compensated at least to the tune of £10m so my guess is around £25m

I'm a big fan of Douglas Luiz. He's coming from two tough seasons at Girona, but he's really talented. He has really good vision and also puts a good shift on defence.

Last season, Guardiola wanted him to be part of City's squad but he didn't get a work permit and that's why he had to return to Girona, a club where they've never showed much interest in putting him in the best position to succeed. 

Villa probably believes he will get a work permit this time and I also think so as he was part of the brazilian squad at the Toulon Tournament and he's also part of Brazil's olympic squad.

2 hours ago, El Profesor said:

I'm a big fan of Douglas Luiz. He's coming from two tough seasons at Girona, but he's really talented. He has really good vision and also puts a good shift on defence.

Last season, Guardiola wanted him to be part of City's squad but he didn't get a work permit and that's why he had to return to Girona, a club where they've never showed much interest in putting him in the best position to succeed. 

Villa probably believes he will get a work permit this time and I also think so as he was part of the brazilian squad at the Toulon Tournament and he's also part of Brazil's olympic squad.

We need to fill that position as Whelan has gone and this makes sense for us if Phillips isn’t coming. 

He will play 30+ games this year if he’s fit I think and Dean Smiths defensive style and attacking philosophy will help him when he breaks up play he’s going to have movement in front of him to pass to. 

Sadly this won’t be long term but definitely looks like it will be mutually beneficial to both us & City

He will fit in a Dean Smith team if he's a Guardiola type player. Smith isn't about the Stoke City hoofball or even Sheffield United's rigid and direct style, he'll want his Villa playing slick, free flowing football and so far a lot of the signings that have been made indicate towards that in the Prem

2 hours ago, Danny said:

He will fit in a Dean Smith team if he's a Guardiola type player. Smith isn't about the Stoke City hoofball or even Sheffield United's rigid and direct style, he'll want his Villa playing slick, free flowing football and so far a lot of the signings that have been made indicate towards that in the Prem

I think that’s why they’ve paid so much for the likes of Konsa he’s very similar to Tuanzebe from what I’ve seen. Tuanzebe is a class player, personally I’d give him a go in the United first team. 

I think we’ll come after Maupay also, think 3-4 more in and about £150 total but they’ve got it done and are getting the pre season to mound them as a team

Archived