The better place to talk football.

Giovani Lo Celso - Spurs complete permanent transfer

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.95d9936c66d138a0c43d379aa0649121.png

We’re now three days into the transfer window, and Tottenham haven’t yet used their January discount for Giovani Lo Celso.

As Marca report, Spurs can sign the player from Real Betis for €32m this month, rather than €40m in the summer, with the latter being a forced payment should the club qualify for the Champions League. (SportWitness)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

We need to make this permanent ASAP.

What a little player we have on our hands - Wand of a left foot, Work rate, tenacity, vision - give him a proper run of games and he’s just growing into this team. Been our best player the last few weeks. I think I love him. My old man compared him to Ardiles last night, high praise 

3 hours ago, Storts said:

We need to make this permanent ASAP.

What a little player we have on our hands - Wand of a left foot, Work rate, tenacity, vision - give him a proper run of games and he’s just growing into this team. Been our best player the last few weeks. I think I love him. My old man compared him to Ardiles last night, high praise 

He was easily the best player outside the big three in La Liga last season. Betis fans are all hoping Spurs fail to qualify for the Champions League this season as they have a chance of getting him back.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

He was easily the best player outside the big three in La Liga last season. Betis fans are all hoping Spurs fail to qualify for the Champions League this season as they have a chance of getting him back.

Oh yeah, I was really excited to get him.

no pre season and then injury didn’t help but he’s absolute class, you can just see when you watch him, makes things look easy on the ball and works so hard off it.

We have a reduced clause to sign him in Jan. We’d be crazy not to. It’s only 30 odd mill

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Berserker said:

Just hope he can replicate this level and the one he had with Betis for the NT, will be vital for us.

I think he might be the best of all time, he’s like Maradona, Messi and Ardiles rolled into one 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Feel sorry for him tbh. He’s utter class, our best player by a considerable distance. But with no strikers available and tactics by the manager which mean we don’t have the ball much he is wasted. Can’t wait to see him playing a bit higher behind Kane, Son and Bergwijn. 

Archived