talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Soares - Benfica Bound...

So, Everton had a big Copa America and unsurpisingly, europeans are interested in his services. 

Globo Esporte reported yesterday that Arsenal is interested. This come as no surprise, since Edu will joing Arsenal´s management. 

Another club interested is Atlético de Madrid, who according to the same report are preparing an offer of 35 mi euros + 10 mi euros in variables. Still, I´m not sure about those fees. Grêmio really needs cash and 30 mi euros probably would do the trick here. 

Despite the interest from Atleti, I think that he´d prefer a move to Arsenal in the end, due to his familiriaty to Edu.

Everton is a kinda of a late bloomer. He´s not your normal 18-year brazilian prospect. He´s already 23. That may put some teams off, but context is important here. He´s from Northeastern Brazil, one of the poorest regions of Brazil and an area that also lags behind in the development of players.  He only became an undisputed starter last year.

Having said that, I´m not sure how to project him in european football. A part of me appreciates what he´s being doing for Grêmio and for Brazil, he´s been very good. But instinctively, for some reason, I think he could very well be a flop in Europe.

He´s fearless and he´s not afraid to try a dribble, but this comes with the negative aspect of him being dispossed in several ocasions during a match. On the other hand, he´s the kind of a winger who can guarantee 3 points for your team because he never gives up. That may be the one thing I really like in his football, the fact that he´s fearless. 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm... Arsenal representatives will arrive in Porto Alegre tomorrow and they´ll met Grêmio´s president this week. Everton will also undergo medicals. And he will play his last match for Grêmio on Wednesday against Bahia. 

Seems like he´s destination is Arsenal. I´d guess the fee will be somewhere around 30 to 40 million euros. At this market, it´s good value, even though there´s risk.

6 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Hmm... Arsenal representatives will arrive in Porto Alegre tomorrow and they´ll met Grêmio´s president this week. Everton will also undergo medicals. And he will play his last match for Grêmio on Wednesday against Bahia. 

Seems like he´s destination is Arsenal. I´d guess the fee will be somewhere around 30 to 40 million euros. At this market, it´s good value, even though there´s risk.

I saw this on twitter but wasn't sure how reliable these people were. I'd be very happy with this, much better than Zaha for 80m.

1 minute ago, ...Dan said:

I saw this on twitter but wasn't sure how reliable these people were. I'd be very happy with this, much better than Zaha for 80m.

GloboEsporte is very reliable and according to them there is indeed interest from Arsenal. But they haven´t reported about it since Saturday. It´s best to take everything with a grain of a salt regarding information coming from Brazil unless it comes from Globo.

According to Fox Sports Brasil, Arsenal will send a doctor to Porto Alegre to oversse the medical. If this is true, it´ll be for english journos to figure it out. 

What I can say for sure, is that Edu was part of the Brazil´s coaching staff at Copa América, so there´s a high probablity there´s interest from both sides in a move to Arsenal. 

And Grêmio really needs the money, they´ll probably sell him to the first team that offers them at least 30 million euros.

Don't know if there will be any issues regarding work permits but as long as it goes through, I'd be quite excited with him joining. The Zaha transfer was never going to happen and should never happen with the amount of money being talked about.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • The title was changed to Everton Soares - Benfica Bound...
  • The topic was locked

Archived