talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Ham Sign Haller For Club Record Fee

• Administrator

That's Jovic and Haller that have left Frankfurt now. Where will their goals come from next season? 

Decent signing for West Ham. Much better than Carroll and could link up with Chicharito well. They've got Lanzini back properly now too. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Think we should have been looking at this guy based on his numbers last season and £45m isn't excessive to pay for a proven goalscorer with a decent age. Perhaps he doesn't fit the system too well but hopefully we've got a plan. Decent signing for West Ham anyway.

2 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Very average player, i followed him from a young age while he was at Utrecht,  not sure he will be good in the premiership.

He scored 41 goals in 82 games for Utrecht? Pfffft, amateur. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if he struggles a bit this season as he gets used to the league, tbh.

I suspect he’ll be branded a flop by the bright minds that support West Ham, but will eventually be a decent striker in the league

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Panna King said:

So that doesn't make him good,  Jozy Altidore scored 39 goals in 67 games for AZ Alkmaar.

But Haller stepped up in to the Bundesliga and had a big impact in a successful Frankfurt side especially last season.

15 goals and 9 assists is not a bad return at all for a club like them.

Jovic only got 2 more goals in the league than him and he's been raved about from pillar to post and look where he's got a move to this summer.

I think he's quite cutting to call him average!

17 hours ago, Stan said:

But Haller stepped up in to the Bundesliga and had a big impact in a successful Frankfurt side especially last season.

15 goals and 9 assists is not a bad return at all for a club like them.

Jovic only got 2 more goals in the league than him and he's been raved about from pillar to post and look where he's got a move to this summer.

I think he's quite cutting to call him average!

Yeah and Jovic went to Real Madrid and Haller is going to West Ham xD  you work it out.

20 goals and 12 assists last season suggests the money is worth it

Its rare that a striker does well in Germany and struggles to replicate that in England, very similar leagues in terms of style and quality.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Panna King said:

Yeah and Jovic went to Real Madrid and Haller is going to West Ham xD  you work it out.

Okay you totally missed the point but never mind. 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Panna King said:

I got the point but I think he is average, hence why he is going to West Ham.

Where a player goes to doesn't always mean he's average. 

Prime example being Mahrez & Kante moving to Leicester. Are they average? Not at all. 

Someone like Moutinho moving to Wolves. Is he average? Nope. Could think of many other examples but your logic is flawed. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Where a player goes to doesn't always mean he's average. 

Prime example being Mahrez & Kante moving to Leicester. Are they average? Not at all. 

Someone like Moutinho moving to Wolves. Is he average? Nope. Could think of many other examples but your logic is flawed. 

Mahrez and Kante is a different example, they were scouted very well and unheard of so they were bought for a small amount of money that is why they moved on to bigger teams. 

Haller is 25 years old and is going 45 Million! it is a signing out of pure desperation. He has done nothing but because West Ham have seen he scored a few goals,  I can guarantee he will be a flop there.

• Administrator
Just now, Panna King said:

Mahrez and Kante is a different example, they were scouted very well and unheard of so they were bought for a small amount of money.  Haller is 25 years old and is going 45 Million! it is a signing out of pure desperation. 

Even so, going back to my original point. If Haller is 'average' for scoring 15 goals and 9 assists in 2018/19 for Frankfurt, what does that make Jovic, who only scored 2 more goals?

Not denying Jovic is a very good striker, more that Haller shouldn't be downgraded to just be 'average'.

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Even so, going back to my original point. If Haller is 'average' for scoring 15 goals and 9 assists in 2018/19 for Frankfurt, what does that make Jovic, who only scored 2 more goals?

Not denying Jovic is a very good striker, more that Haller shouldn't be downgraded to just be 'average'.

Haller is nothing special at all, plus this was one of the poorest Bundesliga for years that a half arsed Munich team were still able to win the league. Even Kramaric scored 17 goals in it xD

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I bet Kramaric is average then as well. 

We're going round in circles so no point continuing. Agree to disagree. 

Kramaric is nothing special as well, it was proved by his dreadful time at Leicester but he was bought for only 9 million Pounds.  The point you are missing is that Haller is going for 45 million when he is probably only worth 15 million.  The German league is by far weaker now that it has ever been in recent years. 

Archived