talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kieran Trippier Signs For Atlético Madrid

Trippier cierra la defensa del Atlético

Fichajes Atlético de Madrid El jugador llegará entre este martes y mañana miércoles

•  
    • Isaac Suárez
    • Los Ángeles de San Rafael (Segovia)
    • Compartir en Facebook
    • Compartir en Twitter
    • Enviar por email
  • 16/07/2019 18:22 CEST
Trippier durante un partido con el Tottenham Trippier durante un partido con el Tottenham AFP

TE PUEDE INTERESAR

Kieran Trippier se convertirá entre este martes y mañana miércoles en nuevo futbolista del Atlético después de que el club rojiblanco haya dejado prácticamente cerrado un acuerdo con el Tottenham que ronda los 30 millones de euros para su incorporación. De este modo, el lateral derecho completará una defensa que tras las salidas de Juanfran, Godín, Lucas y Filipe ya cuenta con todos sus recambios en las figuras del propio futbolista inglés, Felipe, Renan Lodi y un Mario Hermoso que, aunque aún no es oficial, también ha quedado encarrilado en las últimas horas una vez que el Espanyol haya aceptado los algo más de 20 kilos ofrecidos por la entidad del Wanda Metropolitano.

Video thumbnail

Mundial 2018 | Trippier clavó en la escuadra uno de los golazos de falta del Mundial

Aunque la prioridad del Atlético para reforzar el lateral siempre ha sido Semedo, el fuego cruzado entre los rojiblancos y el Barcelona como consecuencia del pago de la cláusula de Griezmann ha acabado por imposibilitar su fichaje, teniendo que recurrir al plan B. Con un Hysaj (Nápoles), que no acaba de convencer, y un Meunier (PSG) que exigía unos emolumentos que no entraban en los parámetros manejados en los despachos del Metropolitano, Trippier ha acabado por convertirse en el elegido

Video thumbnail

Golazo de Trippier en el minuto 5, un pub a reventar... ¡y ronda de cerveza al aire!

Así, tras tres temporadas como dueño de la banda del Tottenham, con el que ha sido subcampeón de la Champions hace unos meses y desde el que ha alcanzado la internacionalidad con Inglaterra, Trippier se pondrá a las órdenes de Simeone con el aval de su experiencia, su sobriedad y su buen golpeo en las jugadas de estrategia. Aunque aún es uno de los temas por decidir, podría estampar su firma como rojiblanco para las próximas cuatro temporadas.

https://www.marca.com/futbol/atletico/2019/07/16/5d2de754268e3e64298b46bb.html

This isn't a signing that you'd have expected at all.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

This is odd. I can't understand the logic here just due to the fact that I don't see how Trippier is going to fit into their philosophy because he's very defensively prone. But we've seen players who have issues go to places and totally change what they do so this might be a good thing for him.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

This is odd. I can't understand the logic here just due to the fact that I don't see how Trippier is going to fit into their philosophy because he's very defensively prone. But we've seen players who have issues go to places and totally change what they do so this might be a good thing for him.

Simeone is great at harnessing certain aspects of a player and then changing things he doesn’t like. It’s going to be interesting.

5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Simeone is great at harnessing certain aspects of a player and then changing things he doesn’t like. It’s going to be interesting.

Renan Lodi, their new LB, is also very offensive-minded. Simeone probably believes he can mold both into complete fullbacks. 

And to be fair, it´s must simpler to teach a player how to defend than it is to develop technical quality to attack.

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, SirBalon said:

The player I always relate with moves in recent times that went on to do so great is Iago Aspas. When he was with us you'd never imagine he'd turn into the goal-scoring threat that he did finally turn into and that is why I also believe that some teams just don't have what a player is looking for no matter how great they are. Having said that I hope he does get better and he will or Simeone will die trying to make him better which doesn't just benefit Atleti but also benefits the England NT a lot as well.

7 hours ago, Mel81x said:

The player I always relate with moves in recent times that went on to do so great is Iago Aspas. When he was with us you'd never imagine he'd turn into the goal-scoring threat that he did finally turn into and that is why I also believe that some teams just don't have what a player is looking for no matter how great they are. Having said that I hope he does get better and he will or Simeone will die trying to make him better which doesn't just benefit Atleti but also benefits the England NT a lot as well.

I’ve mentioned it before... I am still bemused at how Aspas wasn’t a hit at Anfield. But I won’t go into that because it’s all about speculating without any factual information. But what he achieved at Celta last season is enough to have made him a La Liga legend, that’s how great it was. He even came back early from a biggish injury against the recommendations of the medical team because Celta looked doomed to Spain’s second division. It worked out to perfection and he continued where he had left off and the team started winning again where they survived.

One only needs to read Sid Lowe’s Tweets and listen to his podcasts during that period to get the correct sensation that was being lived then. So much protagonism did he obtain that he became the most talked about point in Spain’s football media for that period.

As for Simeone’s skills in harnessing players abilities and adding the missing element, one need only look to the players that have passed through the doors of the Vicente Calderón and subsequently the Metropolitano. He is a master at hounding a footballer in the correct manner until he gives what he sees as necessary. Otherwise you could be Messi and you won’t play.

• The title was changed to Kieran Trippier Signs For Atlético Madrid
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

I’ve mentioned it before... I am still bemused at how Aspas wasn’t a hit at Anfield. But I won’t go into that because it’s all about speculating without any factual information. But what he achieved at Celta last season is enough to have made him a La Liga legend, that’s how great it was. He even came back early from a biggish injury against the recommendations of the medical team because Celta looked doomed to Spain’s second division. It worked out to perfection and he continued where he had left off and the team started winning again where they survived.

One only needs to read Sid Lowe’s Tweets and listen to his podcasts during that period to get the correct sensation that was being lived then. So much protagonism did he obtain that he became the most talked about point in Spain’s football media for that period.

As for Simeone’s skills in harnessing players abilities and adding the missing element, one need only look to the players that have passed through the doors of the Vicente Calderón and subsequently the Metropolitano. He is a master at hounding a footballer in the correct manner until he gives what he sees as necessary. Otherwise you could be Messi and you won’t play.

I think he was unlucky that Suarez and Sturridge was as prolific of a partnership as it was when he joined. He barely got any time on the pitch, so he didn't have much time to adapt to a new team and a new league.

19 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think he was unlucky that Suarez and Sturridge was as prolific of a partnership as it was when he joined. He barely got any time on the pitch, so he didn't have much time to adapt to a new team and a new league.

It’s probably the best explanation to be fair. A player (especially in the goal scoring department amongst other things his type provides) needs to feel a part of a system and in total sync with his new colleagues. It’s a shame really.

On 17/07/2019 at 10:33, SirBalon said:

It’s probably the best explanation to be fair. A player (especially in the goal scoring department amongst other things his type provides) needs to feel a part of a system and in total sync with his new colleagues. It’s a shame really.

I mean I was a bit sad that it didn't work out with him at the club (especially because not long after he left we were without Suarez and Sturridge was constantly injured). But I do like that he's a great player for his boyhood club and it's nice to see that in modern football

48 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I wonder how quickly he'll learn Spanish. Obviously they'll accommodate him for now since he's had no time, but Atleti doesn't strike me as the sort of club where refusing to learn will be tolerated.

I've never understood how players can move countries and then never bother to learn the language. How the fuck are you meant to communicate with your teammates or berate the referee/linesmen/fourth official? It's so unprofessional to move to another country, have a job there, and make no effort to learn the language.

I'd like to think that Bale and Tevez are just thick as pigshit and it's not the norm, but I have my reasons for doubting that.

25 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've never understood how players can move countries and then never bother to learn the language. How the fuck are you meant to communicate with your teammates or berate the referee/linesmen/fourth official? It's so unprofessional to move to another country, have a job there, and make no effort to learn the language.

I'd like to think that Bale and Tevez are just thick as pigshit and it's not the norm, but I have my reasons for doubting that.

The thing with English speaking players is that there's not many to judge by. 

Bale stands out as the worst example for never publicly speaking. Beckham I think knows a little bit of Spanish. Owen as well, though I've never heard him speak any. 

McManaman is probably one of the best examples, as he can speak Spanish quite confidently, though with a massive Scouse accent. Lineker is alright as well if I recall. 

Murdo MacLeod learnt really basic German at Dortmund, which is a fair effort even if it is quite bad. Lambert and McInally were only in Germany for like one season each so they don't know much at all afaik. 

I saw Ramsey tried speaking some Italian at his Juve unveiling, which is encouraging. 

Liam Henderson also seems to be picking up Italian alright with Verona:

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I find it beyond odd. If I was going to move to a country for a year minimum (like it'll be with Trippier) I'd be intensively learning it. Can't complain that people in England can't speak English then go and do the exact same over there. Granted in England we are quite fortunate that our language is universal.

• Subscriber

As for the signing, just seems a really weird fit but you never know. After the season he's had I'd have had this down as one of the last moves he would make. He's an attacking full back by nature so it'll be interesting to see how much they can coach a defensive game into him at his age.

He's definitely got some decent attributes to his game so it might get him more rounded which can't be a bad thing.

Archived