talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Haas F1 Team

• Subscriber

The whole Rich Energy saga and poor on-track performances this season surely warrant a dedicated topic for Haas :ph34r:

Anyway rumours about Haas firing Grosjean and appointing Ocon are really starting to pick up speed today. 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Ocon deserves a seat on the grid and beggars can't be choosers, but I hope he doesn't walk into another disaster here as he's already been part of the collateral damage once before in the Force India administration fiasco.

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, Tommy said:

But Haas has Ferrari engines? Would Esteban have to cut his ties with Mercedes before he joins them?

They were ready to release him pre-season if that would have helped him to get a seat so I think it's definitely still a possibility.

• 2 weeks later...

Grossjean needs to go. It's a shame that their are drivers such as Ocon that aren't F1 drivers, whereas Grossjean keeps collecting pay checks. 

I think this entire year has been the bottom for Haas. With Rich Energy, poor performanes, and numerous run ins between drivers, I think they clearly need to change the driver lineup. 

• Subscriber

I think they're already past the point where team orders would have helped. Finish the season and change the lineup; there's no way those two will manage to establish a professional working relationship. Grosjean might be a nice guy overall but he's so incident prone; would definitely show him the door and keep Magnussen. 

• Subscriber

Grosjean appears to be very desperate on track this year. He has his moments but their relationship as team mates is not helping the team right now and because Grosjean especially knows he's probably at risk of losing his seat he's trying too hard to look like the better driver of the two.

I think after the mid season break they should put Ocon in there with Magnussen and see how that goes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Damn - Grosjean did quite well. 

Still not sure he'll have a seat next year though, which is somewhat sad considering he seems talented but mental incapable of keeping it together for long stretches of time, but I'm just not sure where Haas goes next year. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Subscriber

I still rate Magnussen to an extent but Grosjean has long outstayed his welcome in F1 at this point if we're being honest.

This surely means that Ferrari have pushed for a seat at Haas for one of their junior drivers as well as the one they're likely to still have at Alfa Romeo. I imagine Schumacher will get the more 'glamourous' seat at Alfa Romeo and be allowed to look good against a mediocre Giovinazzi or a half-arsed Raikkonen while Ilott or Schartzmann drive at Haas alongside the experienced and highly motivated Perez/Hulkenberg.

The driver market is all about these two teams, Perez, Hulkenberg and Ferrari's juniors now.

• Subscriber
On 19/10/2020 at 21:37, Tommy said:

https://www.planetf1.com/news/nikita-mazepin-two-year-deal-haas/

Horrible news for all of F1 except for Haas of course who seem desperate for those sweet sweet Rubels. A seat that could be occupied by a good driver being taken by a piece of shit with a rich daddy. 

I didn't see this earlier. Mazepin at least isn't terrible and has proven himself to an extent this year but it sucks when Ocon, Hulkenberg, Perez, Magnussen and co get shifted out because of the likes of Latifi and Mazepin. I don't really count Stroll in there as he's more or less justified his place... sort of. But there's even talk of Russell losing his seat this week. Utter madness.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I didn't see this earlier. Mazepin at least isn't terrible and has proven himself to an extent this year but it sucks when Ocon, Hulkenberg, Perez, Magnussen and co get shifted out because of the likes of Latifi and Mazepin. I don't really count Stroll in there as he's more or less justified his place... sort of. But there's even talk of Russell losing his seat this week. Utter madness.

Ya, he also punched Callum Ilott and gave him a black eye and a swolen jaw in F3. In F2 after receiving a time penalty, he hit the 2nd place sign in anger and almost Tsunoda with it. He's pretty much a Russian version of Ticktum. Maybe even worse. 

39 minutes ago, nudge said:

Disappointing. 

Yea. I wanted Kimi to be Mick's mentor, and I think Fred Vasseur would be a much better boss for his development than freakin Günther Steiner. 

• 1 month later...

Archived