talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Haas F1 Team

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Fittipaldi broke both legs in a massive crash at Spa in 2018 and made his comeback too soon (think he actually drove just two months later with a foot that was still broken), so I wouldn't take his racing record post that seriously. Does anyone remember how did he do when he replaced Grosjean? I honestly don't recall it at all. 

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, nudge said:

Fittipaldi broke both legs in a massive crash at Spa in 2018 and made his comeback too soon (think he actually drove just two months later with a foot that was still broken), so I wouldn't take his racing record post that seriously. Does anyone remember how did he do when he replaced Grosjean? I honestly don't recall it at all. 

He qualified last in Sakhir, 0.7s behind Magnussen on the outer loop circuit. He finished the race, but he was last on the lead lap, a deceptive position following a late safety car which allowed him to unlap himself.

Abu Dhabi, he qualified 0.3s behind Kevin Magnussen in 19th, ahead of Latifi. Finished 19th in the race, again the last finisher and the only man who ended up 2 laps down. Magnussen was one place ahead and only one lap behind the leader. 

Don't ask me for detail on whether he had any car problems. xD That qualifying performance in the second race you have to say is decent though.

Haas causing a stir with this tweet earlier featuring a picture of Pietro Fittipaldi driving the car in 2020.

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

She already deleted that tweet, so it was probably a bunch of horseshit as usual with BILD. 

I wanted Italian Jesus to rise again. :( 

I still wonder whether Mazepin was sacked because the Uralkali contract termination provided the golden opportunity for Haas to rid themselves of the worst driver on the grid (likely) or there is some truth to it having to do with him refusing to distance himself from Putin.

While the latter would make this decision palpable for the vast majority of the audience, it sets a worrying precedent that refusing to publicly comment on a political matter can get you in this much trouble.

25s6k5h0b8m81.png

News I bring today is the last news I wanted to tell you, but our Brazilian pilot Pietro did not get the necessary budget. He will participate in the training sessions but not in the season. Hulkenberg is the one who will take the seat alongside Schumacher.

Apparently this source is quite close to the Fittipaldi family. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

According to BILD, Hülkenberg will sign the Haas contract tomorrow, expected to be announced on Wednesday. Mick is out. 

I really hope Mick goes into WEC, it's going to be the new golden era with the hypercars and I'd love him to be a part of that!

34 minutes ago, nudge said:

I really hope Mick goes into WEC, it's going to be the new golden era with the hypercars and I'd love him to be a part of that!

From what I've heard, Mercedes are keen to bring him on as a test and reserve driver. Maybe he can pull a Ocon/de Vries. He could still do other racing stuff on the side though. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

From what I've heard, Mercedes are keen to bring him on as a test and reserve driver. Maybe he can pull a Ocon/de Vries. He could still do other racing stuff on the side though. 

As long as he's racing somewhere and not just sitting in the simulator, that could be a decent option... That said, I still struggle to see any good future options in F1 for him. He can become a solid driver for a midfield team if things go right, but he won't be challenging for the title driving for top teams. I think a seat in another racing series would be beneficial in terms of him not being under constant pressure and media spotlight because of his name and expectations that come with it. IndyCar could be a good option if he wants to stay in open wheel single seaters. WEC & Le Mans or IMSA could be fun, too. I know F1 is a dream for most racing drivers, but there are plenty of fun options outside of it...

Archived