talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Admiral Bundesliga - Austria

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Inti Brian said:

This Liendl is quite good. Shame he's 34 now, but he's been the creative and leading force in Wolfbergers attack today.

Not only today, hehe. He's pretty much that player who's not quite good enough for a top club, but can be the absolute key player for a mid-table club if he's given enough freedom. He and Weissmann are the reason why WAC are doing so well this season...

• Upvote 1

Just now, nudge said:

Not only today, hehe. He's pretty much that player who's not quite good enough for a top club, but can be the absolute key player for a mid-table club if he's given enough freedom. He and Weissmann are the reason why WAC are doing so well this season...

Yeah been impressed with both him and Weissman.

This Salzburg and Rapid game has been utter toss. I put that down to Wienna having superb positioning though, they've not let Red Bull play their natural game. Very compact and not putting a foot wrong. Still down 1-0, however.

• Subscriber

LASK are shambles. Finished the first part of the season on the top of the table with a 3 points lead, then the whole illegal "coronagate" training affair, and some truly uninspired performances after the break. Already fourth in the league now, with both Rapid and WAC ahead of them, meaning that if it continues and the don't improve, they'll miss out on European spots next season. Would be such a pity...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

LASK are shambles. Finished the first part of the season on the top of the table with a 3 points lead, then the whole illegal "coronagate" training affair, and some truly uninspired performances after the break. Already fourth in the league now, with both Rapid and WAC ahead of them, meaning that if it continues and the don't improve, they'll miss out on European spots next season. Would be such a pity...

They had to get to the Salzburg game with at least a 4 point deficit I reckon, as this game is a write off anyways. Salzburg on paper are just better.

But I agree it would be a pity. I remember I managed them in FM a few years ago when they were in the second tier. Fast forward to today and I find out they were fighting the title. Would have been a proper fairy tale story crumbling to nothing.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, it looks like their season has suddenly nosedived after having played some inspiring football earlier in the season, especially in the Europa League. It would indeed be a shame if they didn't even qualify for Europe, as that is the least they deserve after their gutsy performances earlier in the season.

21 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

They had to get to the Salzburg game with at least a 4 point deficit I reckon, as this game is a write off anyways. Salzburg on paper are just better.

But I agree it would be a pity. I remember I managed them in FM a few years ago when they were in the second tier. Fast forward to today and I find out they were fighting the title. Would have been a proper fairy tale story crumbling to nothing.

It looks like Salzburg's dominance in Austria continues. They have a sophisticated scouting set-up which helps them sign some of the best youngsters in world football.

Edited by Michael

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Well, they played Red Bull twice already this season - claimed a draw at home against them and won the away match at Salzburg... so it's not as if Salzburg are unbeatable. The break seems to have ruined LASK'S run, but the biggest blow was Goiginger picking up a serious injury just before the break as he has been instrumental for LASK this season, on top of that Potzmann got a serious knee injury at about the same time too; that's two key players missing.

And yes, not even second tier, they actually played in Regionalliga just a few seasons ago. Nevermind just fighting for the domestic title this season, they also put in some great performances in the Europa League, their first time ever in European competions. They were also screwed by poor refereeing in the qualification to CL rounds, would have qualified for the CL if it wasn't for very poor officiating.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, nudge said:

so it's not as if Salzburg are unbeatable

They definitely aren't but I feel if they click they can't be stopped in the league, unless there's another really top side. But by the sounds of it, LASK was that. You'd know a lot more about it than me. :) 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

They definitely aren't but I feel if they click they can't be stopped in the league, unless there's another really top side. But by the sounds of it, LASK was that. You'd know a lot more about it than me. :) 

I mean you're not wrong, on paper RB are miles ahead any other club in the league. The gap due to Red Bull "sponsoring" is just too huge, their squad value is almost equal to that of all other clubs' added together, ffs xD So it's even more frustrating to see a club that manages to compete against their domination in such circumstances, only to fall apart months later. Very disappointing...

• The title was changed to Admiral Bundesliga - Austria