talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Admiral Bundesliga - Austria

football forum

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Yes, after a season like that, there will definitely be some players leaving. Michorl, Schlager and Frieser almost surely, Trauner possibly too.

Jürgen Werner said earlier today that they want to invest the money received from European competitions into 4-5 young players. They have already signed Mads Emil Madsen (Silkeborg IF, the most expensive signing ever for LASK) and Mamoudou Karamoko (Wolfsburg II), and are reportedly close to signing Yevgen Cheberko (Zorya Luhansk), with Lukas Grgic returning to the club too. Tetteh will go back to Red Bull, and Klauss future is unclear at this point. So it's fair to say that the squad will look quite different next season...

Unfortunately for a club like LASK, having to sell your best players is usually a must, in order to stay financially healthy. But it's good that they are spending the money they made from the Euro competitions wisely. Investing in young prospects is a very sensible strategy for them.

I watch the Danish league sometimes, but I can't say that I have followed Mads Madsen, who was playing for bottom of the Danish Superliga club Silkeborg. It seems to me that LASK have probably overpaid for him, as €1.6 million is a lot of money by their standards. Maybe Madsen can prove me wrong. Karamoko didn't quite make it at Wolfsburg, but he did play 1 Bundesliga game for them, which still says a lot about his ability and potential. At 20, he has the potential to really improve and the fact that a big club like Wolfsburg bought him in the first place, tells me that he must have something to him. Yehven Cheberko I have seen play several times, but I watched him mainly when he was a teenager playing for the now defunct team, Dnipro. He has also looked a very talented young midfielder and I am sure that he will do a decent job at LASK.

It's a shame that Tetteh, Michorl, Schlager and Frieser are all likely to leave. Hopefully LASK will invest the money received from the transfers of these players to buy even more players. It would be nice if Klauss stayed for one more season, because lets face it, he's going to find it very hard to break into the Hoffenheim team. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Michael said:

Unfortunately for a club like LASK, having to sell your best players is usually a must, in order to stay financially healthy. But it's good that they are spending the money they made from the Euro competitions wisely. Investing in young prospects is a very sensible strategy for them.

I watch the Danish league sometimes, but I can't say that I have followed Mads Madsen, who was playing for bottom of the Danish Superliga club Silkeborg. It seems to me that LASK have probably overpaid for him, as €1.6 million is a lot of money by their standards. Maybe Madsen can prove me wrong. Karamoko didn't quite make it at Wolfsburg, but he did play 1 Bundesliga game for them, which still says a lot about his ability and potential. At 20, he has the potential to really improve and the fact that a big club like Wolfsburg bought him in the first place, tells me that he must have something to him. Yehven Cheberko I have seen play several times, but I watched him mainly when he was a teenager playing for the now defunct team, Dnipro. He has also looked a very talented young midfielder and I am sure that he will do a decent job at LASK.

It's a shame that Tetteh, Michorl, Schlager and Frieser are all likely to leave. Hopefully LASK will invest the money received from the transfers of these players to buy even more players. It would be nice if Klauss stayed for one more season, because lets face it, he's going to find it very hard to break into the Hoffenheim team. 

I haven't seen any of these players bar Grgic, so can't comment... LASK fans seem to be excited by the prospect of Madsen though haha, and they see him as a direct replacement for Michorl; I've also read that the transfer fee is below 1.6m. Also yes, it's a shame if their best players leave, but in the end, that's the operating model of LASK as well as other Austrian clubs. Develop young players, sell them on. That's also what Werner said today as well - they are investing into young players, hoping they will take the same path as Michorl, for example - signing for a club early on in their careers, developing well and then moving on after a few years.

• Subscriber

The player of the season should have gone to Shon Weissmann, in my opinion. At least he good the Golden Boot, well deserved - 30 goals in 31 matches...

The 2019/2020 season is now over. Red Bull are champions, Tirol got relegated. Rapid got the CL qualifying spot, WAC qualified for Europa league group stages, while LASK will play in the 3rd round of EL qualification.

• Subscriber

LASK sacked Valerien Ismael and appointed Dominik Thalhammer as the new head coach and sporting director. It seems there were a lot of internal issues at LASK, with intrigues and power struggles in the coaching team, conflicts with the squad, player complaints to the club president, numerous meetings with Thalhammer while Ismael was still in charge,  so just total chaos overall. Given that, their downfall is not surprising at all.

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

SV Mattersburg have ceased to be after 98 years. The club declared bankruptcy and gave up their license after Commerzialbank (their main sponsor) was involved in a banking scandal. 

A new club, Mattersburger Sportverein 2020, has been founded in order to continue the work of SV Mattersburg's youth academy. They will take part in the 2. Klasse Burgenland (lowest tier in Burgenland's football pyramid) from 2021/22.

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Subscriber

Two RB Salzburg's players failed their doping test. Salzburg are blaming Mali's fooball association for giving the two players a drug containing a banned substance to combat altitude sickness, as Sekou Koita and Mohamed Camara tested positive after being away with the national team. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Nothing in official channels yet...

Its making waves in my groups and the sources in Peru are saying so. We'll find out tomorrow if it's humo I guess, but I would be very excited if this does concrete. Austria is a great feeder league.

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Its making waves in my groups and the sources in Peru are saying so. We'll find out tomorrow if it's humo I guess, but I would be very excited if this does concrete. Austria is a great feeder league.

What position does he play? 

• The title was changed to Admiral Bundesliga - Austria