• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

tipico Bundesliga - Austria

Recommended Posts

New Austrian Bundesliga season starts in 5 days.

qpuIqQr.png

 

7 teams are going into the new season with new managers in charge. Jesse March (ex-US footballer) takes charge at RB Salzburg, Valerien Ismael (Bundesliga champion with both Werder and Bayern) at LASK, Gerhard Struber at WAC, Nestor El Maestro st Sturm, Alexander Schmidt st St. Pölten, Franz Ponweiser at Mattersburg, and Thomas Silberberger at the promoted Watten. Peter Stöger (ex Köln and BVB manager) returns to Austria Wien as sports director.

RB Salzburg still an undoubted title favourite but they underwent a lot of changes and lost a lot of players so this could be a challenging season for them; LASK, Sturm Graz and both Vienna clubs could spring a few surprises.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 matchdays in - Red Bull Salzburg are in the driving seat as expected; even with all the squad changes. LASK right behind them, having sacrificed last weekend's game by sending their B-team out against Wattens (and getting a draw only) in order to rest their key players for their CL playoff match against Brugge. Didn't work out quite well but Ismael has done well so far and LASK should be able to mount a serious title challenge. 

Shon Weissman has been a revelation ever since joining Wolfsberger AC this year; 9 goals in 5 matches in the league and cup, four of them within 36 minutes in their last match O.o 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Erling Haaland is proving to be an incredible talent... Joined RB Salzburg this summer; already has 14 goals and 6 assists in 8 league matches :o Will not be surprised to see him leaving for a better league in the near future.

Another hattrick today.

 

Current league standings:

a3PJks2.png

Red Bull with a comfortable lead and a ridiculous goal difference after another massive win today (7-2 against Hartberg). LASK managed a late win against Sturm Graz by scoring two goals within two minutes. Wolfsberger have a match tomorrow against Austria Wien.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also who changed the thread name to something that barely makes sense?.. xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LASK v Red Bull Salzburg this weekend (Sunday at 16:00 CET). LASK might as well be the only team capable of challenging RB this season; will be interesting to see if they in fact can do it or if it's another thrashing incoming. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
On 14/09/2019 at 18:18, nudge said:

Also who changed the thread name to something that barely makes sense?.. xD 

Probably Tommy! xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Probably Tommy! xD

Nah... I changed it now anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 matches - 3 wins - 11 goals scored - 2 conceded.

Not a bad week for Austrian clubs in European competition B|

EE2wAFtXkAAPSm_?format=jpg&name=small

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is quite remarkable.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The match just started and LASK are already 1-0 against Red Bull Salzburg; what a goal by Goiginger! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a streak of good performances and impressing in the EL, Wolfsberger AC have lost their manager to Barnsley FC. A bit of a weird move to leave in the middle of the season and right before important domestic league and EL matches. Not to mention he first joined the club in June... I could maybe understand if it was a huge improvement but he's taking over a club that's bottom of the second tier? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@nudge any news on Haaland potentially moving in January?

Obviously hope he stays with Salzburg as he's absolutely tearing it up there as is well known.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Stan said:

@nudge any news on Haaland potentially moving in January?

Obviously hope he stays with Salzburg as he's absolutely tearing it up there as is well known.

Plenty of rumours and mixed reports but absolutely nothing official. Most of Salzburg fans are convinced that he'll leave next summer at the latest. Newest reports in the Austrian media today suggest Haaland will be moving to Leipzig for 30 million in the summer and that the deal is already finalised... but all of them quote SportBild as their source so it's very likely that it's a load of bollocks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An interesting read about FC Pinzgau Saalfelden, a club in the 3rd tier of Austrian football led by Christian Ziege with investors from the US who want to transform it into a fan-owned club. 

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2020/1/9/21052161/bayern-munich-christian-ziege-pinzgau-saalfelden-austria-fan-owned-bundesliga

Not sure what the agenda here is. Make money by selling the shares/fan ownership packages and then disappear? 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Magath back in action :o

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/01/2020 at 15:17, nudge said:

An interesting read about FC Pinzgau Saalfelden, a club in the 3rd tier of Austrian football led by Christian Ziege with investors from the US who want to transform it into a fan-owned club. 

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2020/1/9/21052161/bayern-munich-christian-ziege-pinzgau-saalfelden-austria-fan-owned-bundesliga

Not sure what the agenda here is. Make money by selling the shares/fan ownership packages and then disappear? 

Never knew about this project. My cynical half says you're probably right with your suggestion about the owners goals, although the romantic in me just sighed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Never knew about this project. My cynical half says you're probably right with your suggestion about the owners goals, although the romantic in me just sighed.

Same; I have mixed feelings as one one hand it sounds good but on the other hand you have to question the motives behind the move...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A brilliant win away against RB Salzburg today means LASK are now top of the league!

EQwuZ46W4AE21lS?format=jpg&name=small

 

This is Salzburg's first loss in 53 league matches. 

 

l8Hjgs3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Tommy said:

@nudge did you see this? xD

 

 

I didn't watch the match but saw the video afterwards xD Class.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Red Bull Salzburg lost against Altach today; meaning LASK are now 6 points ahead of them in the league :banana:

ESIkXwoWkAEuLpD?format=jpg&name=medium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With 22 matchdays done, the league has now been split into the Championship Group (6 top teams) and the Relegation Group (6 bottom teams). So now 10 matchdays left as all the teams will play the other five teams in their mini-group twice. Hopefully LASK will win the title.

Tabelle_Meistergruppe1.png

qualigruppe1-1.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nudge said:

With 22 matchdays done, the league has now been split into the Championship Group (6 top teams) and the Relegation Group (6 bottom teams). So now 10 matchdays left as all the teams will play the other five teams in their mini-group twice. Hopefully LASK will win the title.

qualigruppe1-1.png

 

I'd have thought the national team could do better than be in the relegation group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'd have thought the national team could do better than be in the relegation group.

Not married yet but practicing dad jokes already, I see :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Not married yet but practicing dad jokes already, I see :D 

Been practising for years. That's what happens when you're on a forum with certain members on here :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck me all the Salzburg hype and they might not even win the league xD

They've really bodged it a bit haven't they. Suppose it was kind of inevitable they lost everybody but I'm surprised they've had someone pip them. Hope LASK finish the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dan said:

Fuck me all the Salzburg hype and they might not even win the league xD

They've really bodged it a bit haven't they. Suppose it was kind of inevitable they lost everybody but I'm surprised they've had someone pip them. Hope LASK finish the job.

They've lost 2 of their electric front 3 (maybe others)? 

I don't think it's that surprising. The amount of goals Haaland gave them was irreplaceable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stan said:

They've lost 2 of their electric front 3 (maybe others)? 

I don't think it's that surprising. The amount of goals Haaland gave them was irreplaceable. 

Yeah I don't think it's surprising at all. They lost most of their key players/first team regulars in summer (Schlager, Wolf, Dabbur, Lainer, Samassekou, Pongracic etc.) and then Haaland and Minamino in winter; any team would struggle to replace so many important players. A lot of injuries too; I think they only had 4 fit players on the bench in their last game against Graz.

That said, it's still anyone's for the taking. With the points halved now for the Championship round LASK are only 3 points ahead and facing their own issues with injuries; they have been in their best form for quite a while and hopefully that continues, but there are still 10 tough matches to play...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Austrian government just announced a ban for large public gatherings (over 500 outdoors & over 100 indoors). Sports events will continue but with no spectators behind closed doors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement