talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Admiral Bundesliga - Austria

football forum

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Not married yet but practicing dad jokes already, I see :D 

Been practising for years. That's what happens when you're on a forum with certain members on here :ph34r:

• Subscriber

Fuck me all the Salzburg hype and they might not even win the league xD

They've really bodged it a bit haven't they. Suppose it was kind of inevitable they lost everybody but I'm surprised they've had someone pip them. Hope LASK finish the job.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Dan said:

Fuck me all the Salzburg hype and they might not even win the league xD

They've really bodged it a bit haven't they. Suppose it was kind of inevitable they lost everybody but I'm surprised they've had someone pip them. Hope LASK finish the job.

They've lost 2 of their electric front 3 (maybe others)? 

I don't think it's that surprising. The amount of goals Haaland gave them was irreplaceable. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Stan said:

They've lost 2 of their electric front 3 (maybe others)? 

I don't think it's that surprising. The amount of goals Haaland gave them was irreplaceable. 

Yeah I don't think it's surprising at all. They lost most of their key players/first team regulars in summer (Schlager, Wolf, Dabbur, Lainer, Samassekou, Pongracic etc.) and then Haaland and Minamino in winter; any team would struggle to replace so many important players. A lot of injuries too; I think they only had 4 fit players on the bench in their last game against Graz.

That said, it's still anyone's for the taking. With the points halved now for the Championship round LASK are only 3 points ahead and facing their own issues with injuries; they have been in their best form for quite a while and hopefully that continues, but there are still 10 tough matches to play...

• Subscriber

Austrian government just announced a ban for large public gatherings (over 500 outdoors & over 100 indoors). Sports events will continue but with no spectators behind closed doors. 

I know people hate RB, but I do hope they perform well for Jesse Marsch's sake. He is an incredibly likable guy, and hope he finds success and continue to move up the coaching ranks in Europe.  

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Austrian Bundesliga is set to resume on the 2nd of June, after it was given the green light by the government and agreed upon by all twelve clubs.

The Cup final will be played on the 29th of May.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

So LASK have been hit with a 6 point deduction and a penalty of 75000 Euro for breaking coronavirus rules regarding training sessions - namely, for staging full team practice sessions two weeks ago when they were only allowed to be training in small groups.

So as a result, they lose their 3 point lead and drop down to 2nd, 3 points behind Red Bull :censored:

100699806_542624666411139_89494754268586

47 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I do look forward to this. Quite enjoy these feeder leagues (with all due respect) as it has a lot of future young footballers. Salzburg are one of the best in Europe in that retrospect.

RB Salzburg certainly do seem to scout and sign some of the best young players in the world. They have a great scouting system and they are an ideal platform for young players to show off their skills and potential.

Edited by Michael

• Subscriber

1-1 in HT. In the other match, WAC lead 1-0 against Sturm after yet another goal by Shon Weissman. Will be really surprised if WAC manage to keep him in the club next season.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Balic? Yeah, should have burried it...

Not just that he should have buried it, but the way he shot it in general made it funny. It was such a bad miss that I think if he hit it wide I could have forgiven him!

Edited by Inti Brian

• Subscriber

Just hearing that Salzburg's manager Jesse Marsch is rumoured to be in talks with BVB to replace Favre. He refused to deny it during the TV interview on Sky Sport Austria, saying he prefers to focus on Salzburg at this moment...

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I put on the Sturm Graz game btw @nudge 

I stopped watching yesterday as the stream kept falling but this time I'll try to watch it, and if not this then definitely Salzburg who I'm very keen on.

Sturm are normally "my club" in Austria, but I'm watching LASK this season, hoping they can win the title and continue their fairytale... 

• Upvote 1

• The title was changed to Admiral Bundesliga - Austria