talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Admiral Bundesliga - Austria

football forum

Red Bull Salzburg go into the half with a 0-0 away to Wolfsberger. The former had a couple of chances always gotten out by either the keeper or a defender (with last ditch defending). Wolfsberger nearly scored an overhead though, which would have been a glorious goal.

• Subscriber

So LASK have appealed their 6 point penalty, and today the decision was made - the penalty was reduced to 4 points, meaning that they are in the CL qualification spot, 5 points ahead of WAC in 4th, and only 2 points behind Rapid in 2nd.

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

So LASK have appealed their 6 point penalty, and today the decision was made - the penalty was reduced to 4 points, meaning that they are in the CL qualification spot, 5 points ahead of WAC in 4th, and only 2 points behind Rapid in 2nd.

Yes, LASK are now third in the Tipico Bundesliga table, but 3rd position gives you a place in the Europa League and not the Champions League, doesn't it? The good news is that LASK still have a chance of catching Rapid Vienna up for that 2nd spot, which guarantees a place in the Champions League second qualifying round.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yes, LASK are now third in the Tipico Bundesliga table, but 3rd position gives you a place in the Europa League and not the Champions League, doesn't it? The good news is that LASK still have a chance of catching Rapid Vienna up for that 2nd spot, which guarantees a place in the Champions League second qualifying round.

Yes, my mistake! 3rd means going into EL 3rd qualifying round. 

As you said, there's still a chance for the 2nd spot, and the Rapid v LASK match on the penultimate matchday could be very interesting. Also worth mentioning that LASK still consider bringing the case to a "neutral court", meaning this saga could last long after the league finishes...

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yes, my mistake! 3rd means going into EL 3rd qualifying round. 

As you said, there's still a chance for the 2nd spot, and the Rapid v LASK match on the penultimate matchday could be very interesting. Also worth mentioning that LASK still consider bringing the case to a "neutral court", meaning this saga could last long after the league finishes...

Yes, it's all become complicated and confusing with different decisions being made. But as you suggest, that Rapid Vienna v LASK match could be critical in deciding who ends up in that coveted 2nd position in the league table. 

• Subscriber

Red Bull Salzburg are champions again, nothing new here. Relegation decider will take place in the last round on the weekend, with Tirol (15 points) fighting with Admira (17 points) for survival.

Rapid Wien v LASK about to kick off, should be an exciting one. LASK need a win to overtake Rapid and move to second before the final matchday. If LASK lose, they won't be  able to catch Rapid anymore.

22 minutes ago, nudge said:

Red Bull Salzburg are champions again, nothing new here. Relegation decider will take place in the last round on the weekend, with Tirol (15 points) fighting with Admira (17 points) for survival.

Rapid Wien v LASK about to kick off, should be an exciting one. LASK need a win to overtake Rapid and move to second before the final matchday. If LASK lose, they won't be  able to catch Rapid anymore.

Yes, apparently Red Bull doesn't only give you wings, it gives you the Austrian Bundesliga title year in and year out as well!:ph34r:

I notice Rapid have taken an early lead against LASK, it's not the best start for LASK, but there's plenty of the match still to be played. Lets hope LASK can make a comeback.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Michael said:

Yes, apparently Red Bull doesn't only give you wings, it gives you the Austrian Bundesliga title year in and year out as well!:ph34r:

I notice Rapid have taken an early lead against LASK, it's not the best start for LASK, but there's plenty of the match still to be played. Lets hope LASK can make a comeback.

Squad value of Red Bull Salzburg: 103m, money spent on transfers in the last 5 seasons: 71m 

Squad value of 11 other teams in the league added together: 147m, money spent on transfers in the last 5 seasons: 30m - and 20m of that were spent by Rapid alone, meaning the rest 10 clubs spent a whopping 10m in the last 5 years...

I think that says it all about the competition, really.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Squad value of Red Bull Salzburg: 103m, money spent on transfers in the last 5 seasons: 71m 

Squad value of 11 other teams in the league added together: 147m, money spent on transfers in the last 5 seasons: 30m - and 20m of that were spent by Rapid alone, meaning the rest 10 clubs spent a whopping 10m in the last 5 years...

I think that says it all about the competition, really.

Yes, RB Salzburg kind of have a monopoly on this league. Unfortunately, money talks when the difference in the budget capabilities of clubs is so great. Unless another rich company or an oligarch takes over one of the other Austrian clubs, I think we can be fairly confident that Salzburg will continue to dominate for years to come.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Rapid lead 2-0 in HT :( 

Rapid win 3-1 in the end, it's a shame for LASK, they started the season so promisingly both domestically and in Europe. Klauss got LASK's consolation goal today, but I am not even sure if LASK will be able to hold on to him for next season, as he will likely return to his parent club Hoffenheim. :S

• Subscriber

Rapid won 3-1, meaning LASK can't caught them anymore. Hartberg v WAC has been postponed due to weather, so if WAC win tomorrow, LASK will go down to fourth - with the remaining last match against Red Bull on the weekend...

• Subscriber
Just now, Michael said:

Rapid win 3-1 in the end, it's a shame for LASK, they started the season so promisingly both domestically and in Europe. Klauss got LASK's consolation goal today, but I am not even sure if LASK will be able to hold on to him for next season, as he will likely return to his parent club Hoffenheim. :S

Klauss also scored twice, but the second one was disallowed for an alleged offensive foul... Very questionable decision, just like a few others that went against LASK today. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Klauss also scored twice, but the second one was disallowed for an alleged offensive foul... Very questionable decision, just like a few others that went against LASK today. 

Oh I see, well he will be a loss if they aren't able to extend his loan spell. No doubt other LASK players will leave as well, I can see several German Bundesliga clubs gaining an interest in their better players.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Michael said:

Oh I see, well he will be a loss if they aren't able to extend his loan spell. No doubt other LASK players will leave as well, I can see several German Bundesliga clubs gaining an interest in their better players.

Yes, after a season like that, there will definitely be some players leaving. Michorl, Schlager and Frieser almost surely, Trauner possibly too.

Jürgen Werner said earlier today that they want to invest the money received from European competitions into 4-5 young players. They have already signed Mads Emil Madsen (Silkeborg IF, the most expensive signing ever for LASK) and Mamoudou Karamoko (Wolfsburg II), and are reportedly close to signing Yevgen Cheberko (Zorya Luhansk), with Lukas Grgic returning to the club too. Tetteh will go back to Red Bull, and Klauss future is unclear at this point. So it's fair to say that the squad will look quite different next season...

• Upvote 1

• The title was changed to Admiral Bundesliga - Austria