• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Favorite Flags

football forum

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I like quite a lot of the African flags for their outlandishness (?), let's say. It's not just colours, there's an additional 'thing/object' on top'...

Swaziland/Eswatini:
1280px-Flag_of_Eswatini.svg.png

Ethiopia:
1920px-Flag_of_Ethiopia.svg.png

Lesotho:
1280px-Flag_of_Lesotho.svg.png

Uganda:
Flag_of_Uganda.svg

Mozambique - apparently the gun is for 'defence and vigilance xD'

1280px-Flag_of_Mozambique.svg.png

21 hours ago, Stick With Azeem said:

I like Kiribati's flag 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhC2vQBjpDmjl7XPZdn_X

I know it stands for something else, but whenever I see this flag it just makes me think that the nation will be underwater by 2050 xD

• Subscriber

Bhutan's current flag is the coolest when it comes to national flags.

bhutan_flag_national_flag.jpg

However various province and territories flags are by far more interesting.

My all time favourites:

2000px-flag_of_zheleznogorsk-svg.png?resize=678%2C381

+pesztovo.png

flag_of_anadyr_chukotka.png?resize=678,3

xD 

• Subscriber
44 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Pop quiz. National animal of Scotland?

download.thumb.png.229cd0b34b9bb45269eabf1ad03dfdda.png

In Celtic mythology, the unicorn was a symbol of purity and innocence, as well as masculinity and power. Tales of dominance and chivalry associated with the unicorn may be why it was chosen as Scotland’s national animal.

THE UNICORN IN THE HISTORY OF SCOTLAND

With Scotland being famed for its love for and long history of myths and legends, it is no surprise that a fabled creature such as the unicorn is Scotland’s national animal. Unicorns have been linked to Scotland for centuries. While the animal is mythological, the ideals it represents are what make it a perfect fit as the national animal for Scotland, and because like this proud beast – Scots would fight to remain unconquered.

The unicorn was first used on the Scottish royal coat of arms by William I in the 12th century. In the 15th century, when King James III was in power, gold coins even appeared with the unicorn on them. When Scotland and England unified under the reign of James VI of Scotland in 1603, the Scottish Royal Arms had two unicorns supporting a shield. When James VI became James I of England and Ireland, he replaced the unicorn on the left of the shield with the national animal of England, the lion, to show that the countries were indeed united.

WHY IS THE UNICORN CHAINED?

The unicorn representing Scotland in the coat of arms is always depicted bounded by a golden chain, which is often seen passing around its neck and wrapping all around its body. The unicorn was believed to be the strongest of all animals – wild and untamed, and that it could only be humbled by a virgin maiden. It is possible that the entrapment symbolises the power of the Scottish kings – they were strong enough to tame even a unicorn.

https://www.visitscotland.com/about/uniquely-scottish/national-animal-unicorn/

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

And it's Bedfordshire... 

Bedfordshire FC 

We've by far the greatest flag

The world has ever seen! 

beds-flag.png?w=640

Shells?

La concha de su madre.

Liberia has some great county flags

This one is my favourite... fair to say George of the Jungle is from the land of George Weah?

c4a385894b4d17e022f3295b3724e2b5.png

Archived