talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Deportivo La Coruña Discussion

13 hours ago, Spike said:

I´m actually learning a lot about Galicia right now via Preston´s biography of Franco. Very interesting region of the world.

Sadly this man didn't love his native region at all.

13 hours ago, Dan said:

How good is Florin Andone? Seen a few tout him as a potential summer move and he's available for only £5mil. It strikes me as being a bargain.

He battles for every ball like a warrior, this translates in a foul most of the times. Poor dribbling and shooting but relatively great at headers. Depending on the team playstyle Andone can do better but being honest I think he is a little bit overrated.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I've tried to find good books on the history of Galicia for you in the past but there aren't any real in depth quality ones in English. You have them even in Japanese but not English.  There are some great travel books in English but that's not what I've been searching for for you. It's a mysterious corner of Europe, one that's fascinating.

That is utterly bizarre, that Japanese is available but not English. I have told my wife that Spain is our eventual honeymoon (It may never happen with the heart longing for regular visits to Australia). I want to see rural Spain in particular as I'm a rural boy and I've a deep emotional and unspoken bond to people that live in isolation, away from the bustling civilisation. I think that is why Galicia* appeals to me, as it is the forgotten corner, hidden away from the rest of the country. Much like where I am from, the rural outback of South-West Queensland, where urbanites look down their noses in scorn. I once had a young lady ask me 'how I like the big smoke' - now a little background, I am from a town of ~1200, I was in a large town of ~100,000 and at this point in time I had already spent significant time in Brisbane ~3,000,000. What the fuck is that question? What did she think I was? Some sort of bumpkin that was shocked by McDonalds on every corner and traffic lights? I took it insultingly but bit my tongue as it is nothing to waste time on.

* I also fucking love eating squid and when you are told that pulpo Galego is the best in the world, you want to test it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived