Picard - Amazon original 2020

football forum

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm probably gonna buy the dvd when it comes out. I'm not a trekkie but I like some of star trek.

Because I'm not a trekkie cannon inconsistences don't really bother me. I really liked discovery. However I can understand why Trekkies hated it as it's not really star trek but personally I liked it as a show.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'm probably gonna buy the dvd when it comes out. I'm not a trekkie but I like some of star trek.

Because I'm not a trekkie cannon inconsistences don't really bother me. I really liked discovery. However I can understand why Trekkies hated it as it's not really star trek but personally I liked it as a show.

Thought Discovery wasn't half bad honestly. It started poorly but really picked up. Have you seen the new Picard yet?

53 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Thought Discovery wasn't half bad honestly. It started poorly but really picked up. Have you seen the new Picard yet?

No I haven't got Amazon I'll buy the dvd when it comes out. I think a lot of the reason some people didn't like it was because it wasn't really star trek. However I don't think a star trek like the old star trek series would be popular. Audiences want more action now and more ongoing story lines and the writers have to adapt to that because they can't rely on just Trekkies. Maybe a ds9 like series would do ok. That had an ongoing storyline with the dominion.

• 2 months later...

@CaaC (John) 

Didn't  wanna start a new thread for this one comment. 

I know you are a star trek fan. Just watched that TNG episode where they find the enterprise c and the timeline is changed and they are at war with the Klingons. I think that is my favourite ever episode of TNG

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@CaaC (John) 

Didn't  wanna start a new thread for this one comment. 

I know you are a star trek fan. Just watched that TNG episode where they find the enterprise c and the timeline is changed and they are at war with the Klingons. I think that is my favourite ever episode of TNG

The later on editions of TNG was a lot better than when it first began, the very first editions there was a lot of stage scenes you could see miles away with a studio rigged out to make it look real but as production methods got better over the years with advanced technology film-wise the shows even got better, but I loved watching them all and as you know Picard and Data were my favourite characters.

Is this the episode you were on about?

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

The later on editions of TNG was a lot better than when it first began, the very first editions there was a lot of stage scenes you could see miles away with a studio rigged out to make it look real but as production methods got better over the years with advanced technology film-wise the shows even got better, but I loved watching them all and as you know Picard and Data were my favourite characters.

Is this the episode you were on about?

Yeah I was mate. I'm not a big trekkie but I do like some of it.  That was probably my favourite episode of tng.  I personally really liked discovery. Although I  do get why trekkies hated it so much as it isn't really star trek. Will get Picard when it comes out on DVD 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah I was mate. I'm not a big trekkie but I do like some of it.  That was probably my favourite episode of tng.  I personally really liked discovery. Although I  do get why trekkies hated it so much as it isn't really star trek. Will get Picard when it comes out on DVD

I am a Star Trek nutter but would not class myself as a Trekkie like some they go to all the Star Trek conventions whatnot dressed up as their favourite characters.

The episode you watched was with Lt Tasha Yar in it... 

download.png.296285a3fc5f618905a1caefd835e8c4.png

But a later on an episode called Skin of Evil she was killed off, they all were episodes that used a lot of stage effects early on but they were still good to me and got better as the show moved forward and all the TLG Movies were brilliant.

Skin of Evil

10 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I am a Star Trek nutter but would not class myself as a Trekkie like some they go to all the Star Trek conventions whatnot dressed up as their favourite characters.

The episode you watched was with Lt Tasha Yar in it... 

download.png.296285a3fc5f618905a1caefd835e8c4.png

But a later on an episode called Skin of Evil she was killed off, they all were episodes that used a lot of stage effects early on but they were still good to me and got better as the show moved forward and all the TLG Movies were brilliant.

Skin of Evil

I think when you look at that episode with the enterprise c it gave her a proper death.

Whether the writers looked back and thought her death wasn't adequate in hindsight  or whether it has nothing to do with it i don't know. 

What do you think of discovery?

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think when you look at that episode with the enterprise c it gave her a proper death.

Whether the writers looked back and thought her death wasn't adequate in hindsight or whether it has nothing to do with it I don't know. 

What do you think of discovery?

She never died in Enterprise C but was killed off in the later episode Skin Deep.

Never got into Discovery tbh, watched it when it first started then lost track in the end, all my favourites were...

1. The Next Generation
  2. Voyager
  3. Deep Space Nine

I just goes to show you how they can edit episodes later on and cut or add bits if you look at Picards No1, William Riker in the Enterprise C scene he has a beard, later on in the Skin Deep episode he has no beard, I noticed that a lot in the episodes so it must be where he had a break in production and he either shaved his beard off or grew it, a lot of the episodes later on he always had a beard right until the end.

75383494_download(2).png.4a3e53087c94c32baadf4bdf42fd2b25.png 675974626_download(3).png.a0687ac9e92fbfc5333a410cf439d7b0.png

7 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

She never died in Enterprise C but was killed off in the later episode Skin Deep.

Never got into Discovery tbh, watched it when it first started then lost track in the end, all my favourites were...

1. The Next Generation
  2. Voyager
  3. Deep Space Nine

I just goes to show you how they can edit episodes later on and cut or add bits if you look at Picards No1, William Riker in the Enterprise C scene he has a beard, later on in the Skin Deep episode he has no beard, I noticed that a lot in the episodes so it must be where he had a break in production and he either shaved his beard off or grew it, a lot of the episodes later on he always had a beard right until the end.

75383494_download(2).png.4a3e53087c94c32baadf4bdf42fd2b25.png 675974626_download(3).png.a0687ac9e92fbfc5333a410cf439d7b0.png

Um no your wrong there I think mate. She was killed in skin deep(actually called skin of evil)then came back when there was the change in time and the alternate reality with the Klingon war was formed. This happened because she wasn't killed in that timeline. She then went back with the enterprise c team so she could have a meaningful death because she found out she was dead in the alternate reality 

Archived