The better place to talk football.

Picard - Amazon original 2020

football forum

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

just checked.  Tasha yar was killed in skin of evil which was in the first season. Yesterdays enterprise with the alternate timeline was season three.

Aye, it can get confusing but I have watched TNG over and over again and sometimes I get lost and have to check, this is where I get all my info from...:D

Star Trek Episodes - List

• Subscriber

@Gunnersauraus

One of the best episodes for me is 'Inner Light' with Picard going back in time as someone else, this episode always haunted me as he was stunned by a ray and was only knocked out for a few minutes but ended up back in time as someone else and played the flute, it showed you how he aged and died and then woke up back on the Star Trek. 

@CaaC (John)I watched the two part episode earlier where datas brother gives him emotion and makes him angry. They capture Picard  and a few others and his brother and some Borg want to replace organic life with machines. Good couple of episodes.  I do agree with you that the later episodes were better. I think if best of both worlds was made a few seasons later it could have been better. I know it is generally considered the best start trek episode but  wasn't my favourite personally. 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@CaaC (John)I watched the two part episode earlier where datas brother gives him emotion and makes him angry. They capture Picard  and a few others and his brother and some Borg want to replace organic life with machines. Good couple of episodes.  I do agree with you that the later episodes were better. I think if best of both worlds was made a few seasons later it could have been better. I know it is generally considered the best start trek episode but  wasn't my favourite personally. 

Data's brother Lore, the evil of the two, I have watched them 2 episodes many a time.

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

I finally took the plunge and installed Amazon on the laptops and have just watched 4 episodes of Picard and quite enjoying it, a slow start for me with the first 2 episodes with Data in them but it got better as it went along, ready for episode 5 in a minute where 7 of 9 has appeared at the end of episode 4.

Got an Amazon Firestick for the tv (£49) and our son has just said you silly prick, I have one in my room just sitting there doing nowt, you should have mentioned it to me. :dam:

• 1 year later...

@CaaC (John) @Mel81x I'm getting the first season for Christmas of my sister. Traditional trekkies arent particularly keen on discovery or Picard. However I use to watch star trek I'm not a trekkie and preferred discovery to the old stuff so think I will like this. Always liked the Borg as well 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@CaaC (John) @Mel81x I'm getting the first season for Christmas of my sister. Traditional trekkies arent particularly keen on discovery or Picard. However I use to watch star trek I'm not a trekkie and preferred discovery to the old stuff so think I will like this. Always liked the Borg as well 

Good film, got it on Amazon Prime, watched it a cuople of times but I am a Star Trek, Picard & Data fan and love both of them characters, a great watch supping a good wine. :hh:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47r9u7pg13dzzcw20hhd

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It gets a lot of hate but honestly its good watching and as @CaaC (John) said TNG (The Next Generation) is actually a good part of Star Trek lore and you're going to enjoy it even if it does fall flat on its face at times. 

• 1 month later...

I'm about half way through it.  I wasn't quite in the mood for it at the beginning and it was a bit of a slow start but when it gets going it is very good in my opinion. Had a bit of a binge watch of it today. Dont tell me but I'm hoping the ending is good. I actually really feel the borg need to make a proper return at some point. Would be good to have a series based on them. Maybe season 3 of picard could do it 

@CaaC (John) @Mel81x

• Subscriber
On 10/01/2022 at 20:01, Gunnersauraus said:

I'm about half way through it.  I wasn't quite in the mood for it at the beginning and it was a bit of a slow start but when it gets going it is very good in my opinion. Had a bit of a binge watch of it today. Dont tell me but I'm hoping the ending is good. I actually really feel the borg need to make a proper return at some point. Would be good to have a series based on them. Maybe season 3 of picard could do it 

@CaaC (John) @Mel81x

Glad you like it, as I have said many a time before I am a Picard/Data & TNG nutter, I have lost count of how many times I have watched the TNG series, I normally give it a break for a couple of months and then watch the series again.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived