talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Miguel Trauco to St Etienne

football forum

I don't know if this is true but I certainly hope so.

I wonder if Farfan's success at the club has anything to do with this...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of Jefferson's time at 04 was happy - his later period with problems at home caused some disagreements and his eventual departure mainly due to the inconsiderate idiots upstairs, but there could be some truth in the idea that he will have been asked questions.  We certainly need a left back as Natasic is proving that his poor form of last season was not just a passing problem and Sead seems set on staying in London rather than coming home.  If the supposed value at under 2million is correct then it will be worth pursuing.  Grizzly is obviously nearer to the action and I await further comments with interest - if there is any new on Jefferson's lady's health that would also be welcome.

Tchuss

On 23/07/2019 at 05:44, SchalkeUK said:

Most of Jefferson's time at 04 was happy - his later period with problems at home caused some disagreements and his eventual departure mainly due to the inconsiderate idiots upstairs, but there could be some truth in the idea that he will have been asked questions.  We certainly need a left back as Natasic is proving that his poor form of last season was not just a passing problem and Sead seems set on staying in London rather than coming home.  If the supposed value at under 2million is correct then it will be worth pursuing.  Grizzly is obviously nearer to the action and I await further comments with interest - if there is any new on Jefferson's lady's health that would also be welcome.

Tchuss

No idea about the last thing, but I think Trauco for 2 million is a bargain. He's done well at Flamengo before he found himself out of favour for god knows what reason.

I think the problem is that these clubs are interested in these players for their recent international tournament form, but then when looking at how he's doing at club (In Trauco's case, on the bench) they lose interest. For 2 million you can't really go wrong though. Like I said he did do well for his club in 2017 where he was an undisputed starter, but after that a new manager came in and just didn't want him.

3 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

No idea about the last thing, but I think Trauco for 2 million is a bargain. He's done well at Flamengo before he found himself out of favour for god knows what reason.

I think the problem is that these clubs are interested in these players for their recent international tournament form, but then when looking at how he's doing at club (In Trauco's case, on the bench) they lose interest. For 2 million you can't really go wrong though. Like I said he did do well for his club in 2017 where he was an undisputed starter, but after that a new manager came in and just didn't want him.

In my opinion European clubs stopped buying off the back of international tournaments years back after being burned time and time again. International tournaments have very little to do with reality on what footballers can provide and this is the reason behind Europe’a contemporary scouting webs throughout the world these days especially with top European clubs.

The only way an international tournament has any sway whatsoever is when they then also have abundant info on the player’s top club consistent form (young players are exempt from all this obviously).

Taking this 2 million Trauco deal for example. Yes indeed in terms of today’s prices that’s nothing. But that player will be taking a squad slot and the wages are registered as part of money spent for FFP purposes.

What you’ll find more and more in future years is Latin American players (in this case) leaving their home leagues at much younger ages (the legally permitted) with Good scouting info and any player above 25 will be scrutinised for his club form over there and will only be brought in by experimental clubs for very cheap.

On 24/07/2019 at 12:17, SirBalon said:

In my opinion European clubs stopped buying off the back of international tournaments years back after being burned time and time again. International tournaments have very little to do with reality on what footballers can provide and this is the reason behind Europe’a contemporary scouting webs throughout the world these days especially with top European clubs.

The only way an international tournament has any sway whatsoever is when they then also have abundant info on the player’s top club consistent form (young players are exempt from all this obviously).

Taking this 2 million Trauco deal for example. Yes indeed in terms of today’s prices that’s nothing. But that player will be taking a squad slot and the wages are registered as part of money spent for FFP purposes.

What you’ll find more and more in future years is Latin American players (in this case) leaving their home leagues at much younger ages (the legally permitted) with Good scouting info and any player above 25 will be scrutinised for his club form over there and will only be brought in by experimental clubs for very cheap.

That's what I was saying. This generation of Peruvians are great at international level, OK at club level but not quite enough with the latter to convince other clubs to sign them. I get the urge that they get interested because of their international form but lose interest after researching their club form.

• The title was changed to Miguel Trauco to St Etienne

He debuted immediately. That's actually unusual for a Peruvian. Usually they have to do well in pre-season or understand the tactics first because they aren't "marquee" enough to start straight away. Sofascore gave him a 7.0. Great stuff.

Archived