talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Paulo Dybala - Juve to Offer New Contract

3 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Doubt Spurs can afford (or would be willing) to pay his wages. I mean Manchester 'giver of crazy wages' United found his demands high. I know the lack of UCL was another reason. 

However, if this happens, then it will be quite a coup by Spurs. It might also mean Eriksen going to United. But Dybala would be better suited for Spurs than United. 

I agree with all of that but aside from Champions League participation, there is also the detail of Mauricio Pochettino being Argentinian.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Stan Agree, Spurs are a better club presently compared to United. Also being in London helps. 

@SirBalon true about Pochettino's presence, but I have a feeling that unless Spurs have a good season (ie win something or find themselves in the running for the title) he will leave if a more high profile job becomes available. I am looking at Madrid (Zizou and Perez fallout) or funnily United (if Ole doesn't improve the side). 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

If United weren't prepared to pay for Dybala's image rights which are owned by a third party and have been said to cost 15m and pay his agent the rumoured 13m he wants, what makes you think Spurs will?

I think the pertinent question to ask is what has changed since United pulled the plug on the deal? If Dybala didn't want to join United as it was, something has gone down since then. Levy is a shrewd business man, it makes little to no sense for him to gamble on a player like Dybala unless 1) he wants to play for Pochettino and it secures the manager from leaving for Manchester United 2) an agreement has been reached already between the player and the club

10 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

If United weren't prepared to pay for Dybala's image rights which are owned by a third party and have been said to cost 15m and pay his agent the rumoured 13m he wants, what makes you think Spurs will?

Maybe Dybala was asking United for more money because he believes they're further away from where Spurs are right now?

14 minutes ago, Batard said:

I think the pertinent question to ask is what has changed since United pulled the plug on the deal? If Dybala didn't want to join United as it was, something has gone down since then. Levy is a shrewd business man, it makes little to no sense for him to gamble on a player like Dybala unless 1) he wants to play for Pochettino and it secures the manager from leaving for Manchester United 2) an agreement has been reached already between the player and the club

United was supposed to have agreed personal terms with Dybala and Juventus, but balked at the price of the image rights.  The same position I believe Spurs are in now.  It's the image rights that are still an obstacle here.  They are owned by a third party and unless they are sorted out this deal won't get done.  Do you think Levy will pay an extra 15m for image rights?

Personally if Spurs getting Dybala means United get Erikson, I would be happy.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Maybe Dybala was asking United for more money because he believes they're further away from where Spurs are right now?

I think United and Dybala agreed on wages, I may be wrong mind you.  Its the image rights and what the agent wanted that was the problem, though some reports say the agent fee was for the image rights.

13 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

I think United and Dybala agreed on wages, I may be wrong mind you.  Its the image rights and what the agent wanted that was the problem, though some reports say the agent fee was for the image rights.

The story that comes from Italy is that Dybala asked Man Utd for more on wages and then backed out at the end. Nothing to do with third parties.

Anyway... Seems a deal has been struck between Dybala and Spurs. 

• Administrator
44 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

United was supposed to have agreed personal terms with Dybala and Juventus, but balked at the price of the image rights.  The same position I believe Spurs are in now.  It's the image rights that are still an obstacle here.  They are owned by a third party and unless they are sorted out this deal won't get done.  Do you think Levy will pay an extra 15m for image rights?

Personally if Spurs getting Dybala means United get Erikson, I would be happy.

I can't speak on behalf of Levy, but if he was paying for the image rights he'd clearly would have a justifiable financial reason for doing so 

Would be a massive massive signing for Spurs, the fee is about right. However will they agree on his wages which are reported to be very demanding.

There isn't a man on this world who fucked Levy over, you can't trick the man he is a Bond villain.

• Administrator

Paulo Dybala is very close to reaching Tottenham. It is expected that by tomorrow the last obstacle to its signing will be unraveled: image rights. Poch close to having the Argentine striker who rejected United.

• Subscriber

From what I've seen on Twitter and podcasts, Dybala made very high wage demands to United because he didn't really want to go there so they had to make an offer he couldn't refuse.

You can easily see why, with Spurs in the Champions League and a manager who the players all seem to love working under, he wouldn't approach them in the same way.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I hope this season we are going to hear all about how Spurs have spent massively and Liverpool haven't, somehow I doubt it though.

And Arsenal, don't forget. Pepe for £72m. 

And Villa - total spending so far £133m.

And the Manchester clubs - £280m together.

And Wolves, Everton, Leicester all spending around £80m each so far.

But obviously it's all only Anti-Liverpool all season isn't it :/

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'm talking about the ridiculous attempts to conflate Liverpool's quite reasonable spending, in line with what they received, with the massive spending of Manchester City. You and others bleated on incessantly all last season. I just hope you hold Spurs to the same standards and moan all day long about them too. Also, I'm waiting for the nauseating 'plucky Liverpool' shouts as Spurs got last year, for not signing anyone, despite their huge wage bill.

I guess smaller clubs like Spurs don't attract the same venom but it would be nice to see some consistency.

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yes but Spurs have just bought a brand new stadium and now splurged around £200m on players.

Fuckin ruining football a tell thi :ph34r:

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I'm talking about the ridiculous attempts to conflate Liverpool's quite reasonable spending, in line with what they received, with the massive spending of Manchester City. You and others bleated on incessantly all last season. I just hope you hold Spurs to the same standards and moan all day long about them too. Also, I'm waiting for the nauseating 'plucky Liverpool' shouts as Spurs got last year, for not signing anyone, despite their huge wage bill.

I guess smaller clubs like Spurs don't attract the same venom but it would be nice to see some consistency.

'Bleated on incessantly' is a stretch. I remember one conversation about it with you xD

'Venom'. xD 

You say moan about it but in the same breath, I didn't see you giving Spurs any credit for barely spending anything on their squad yet still went superbly well in Europe and nearly won that CL trophy. Maybe it's because they're from London that you couldn't find it within you to give them any praise...

1 minute ago, Stan said:

'Bleated on incessantly' is a stretch. I remember one conversation about it with you xD

'Venom'. xD 

You say moan about it but in the same breath, I didn't see you giving Spurs any credit for barely spending anything on their squad yet still went superbly well in Europe and nearly won that CL trophy. Maybe it's because they're from London that you couldn't find it within you to give them any praise...

I've praised Spurs several times, my favourite London club in fact. You obviously don't read my posts properly.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I've praised Spurs several times, my favourite London club in fact. You obviously don't read my posts properly.

Perhaps. There's a lot of misery/negativity in your posts so I skip by them most of the time. Force of habit but I'll pay closer attention next time :)

• The title was changed to Paulo Dybala - Juve to Offer New Contract
  • The topic was locked

Archived