talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Paulo Dybala - Juve to Offer New Contract

https://www.alfredopedulla.com/il-retroscena-il-manchester-united-ha-offerto-11-milioni-piu-bonus-a-dybala-ora-aspetta/

but this says Juve have made it clear the swap deal must happen. A bit fucked if he's forced out like that and he doesn't want to uproot his life and his family to a new country, wouldn't be surprised if he could successfully sue.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This says he's turned Man Utd down and wants to "stay in black and white." Newcastle should make a move.

16 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

https://www.alfredopedulla.com/il-retroscena-il-manchester-united-ha-offerto-11-milioni-piu-bonus-a-dybala-ora-aspetta/

but this says Juve have made it clear the swap deal must happen. A bit fucked if he's forced out like that and he doesn't want to uproot his life and his family to a new country, wouldn't be surprised if he could successfully sue.

Like I said lots of conflicting rumours.    Still think talks are still ongoing and it will be a few more days before we no for sure.  Dybala is do to return to Juventus  for training on Monday, let's see if he does. 

8 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

If CL is such a priority to Dybala, going to the biggest CL failure as a coach makes no sense. given the money spent, established squad, and dominating the domestic league both with Bayern and Man citeh, it's fair to say pep has been on decline since he reached peak with Barcelona. Dominate the leagues constantly but getting embarrassed by Monaco who outclassed him by the same approach "ATTACK ATTACK " victim of his own success but no one will ever bring it up how he has failed overall with city and Bayern. They were winning the league before he arrived both city and Bayern, the goal has always been CL. 

You're not wrong... The goal at Man City like at PSG is indeed the Champions League and it is the reason Guardiola was signed, and very little else. Its the priority of Mickey Mouse clubs.

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.6978fe6e54f33e9d012cc58164f0e723.png

Juventus and Argentina forward Paulo Dybala, 25, wants £350,000 a week if he is to join Manchester United. (Sun)

Dybala should move to Liverpool rather than Manchester United, says his former Palermo team-mate Andrea Dossena, 37. The defender, who played at Anfield between 2008 and 2010, is now with Piacenza. Piacenza. (Liverpool Echo)

48 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.6978fe6e54f33e9d012cc58164f0e723.png

Juventus and Argentina forward Paulo Dybala, 25, wants £350,000 a week if he is to join Manchester United. (Sun)

Dybala should move to Liverpool rather than Manchester United, says his former Palermo team-mate Andrea Dossena, 37. The defender, who played at Anfield between 2008 and 2010, is now with Piacenza. Piacenza. (Liverpool Echo)

This is where Manchester United went wrong with Paul Pogba mate. Like Pogba, if Dybala is to move to United mainly because of the salary he can get, then have you really got a footballer who's heart and soul is in the club?

Looking at Manchester United's overall issues, an attacking player doesn't solve anything and I know you've just signed Maguire which in my personal opinion was a panic transfer with no thought put into it, the typical way in which Man Utd have done business since Ferguson stepped down. 

• Subscriber
50 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This is where Manchester United went wrong with Paul Pogba mate. Like Pogba, if Dybala is to move to United mainly because of the salary he can get, then have you really got a footballer who's heart and soul is in the club?

Yep, I agree with you there but that is the norm nowadays, money is more important or the greed factor as I call it and I have said that about Pogba all along, he is more interested in the money, cars, dancing and earings than playing for the shirt he wears.

I can remember my team in Scotland Glasgow Rangers was after Dundee United's Nacho Novo but the fee was a stumbling block so wee Nacho gave up his £200.000 bonus that was part of the deal to play for Rangers, he then played for the love of jumper he wore and not just for the money.  

• Subscriber

In fairness I don't think Maguire is going to be playing for you for the money. Obviously it's always a factor but I got told pretty early into it that his ambition was ultimately to play for one of the Manchester clubs as it means he can stay in Sheffield with his family and it's a massive move for him. He never fancied London.

On 02/08/2019 at 16:47, Teso dos Bichos said:

If CL is such a priority to Dybala, going to the biggest CL failure as a coach makes no sense. given the money spent, established squad, and dominating the domestic league both with Bayern and Man citeh, it's fair to say pep has been on decline since he reached peak with Barcelona. Dominate the leagues constantly but getting embarrassed by Monaco who outclassed him by the same approach "ATTACK ATTACK " victim of his own success but no one will ever bring it up how he has failed overall with city and Bayern. They were winning the league before he arrived both city and Bayern, the goal has always been CL. 

Yeah. Because getting knocked out by Sevilla is hardly any worse 

• Subscriber

Just for you @Mel81x, no subscription needed. xD

Quote.thumb.png.473c058df41c136b6dfd018702c1fa08.png

Paulo Dybala: Man Utd end talks with Juventus striker over wage demands

Manchester United have ended talks with Paulo Dybala because of the Juventus striker's wage demands.

United entered talks with the Argentine, 25, as part of a proposed swap deal involving Romelu Lukaku, 26.

However, they were dubious about whether Dybala wanted to join them and viewed his wage demands as excessive.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has targeted young, hungry players and United officials concluded further bids for Dybala would be a move away from that.

FULL ARTICLE - BBC

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

They make this sound like a big story but I bet Dybala was never interested at all. So consequently Man Utd's interest was a moot point anyway. 

I agree mate...

If we look at the timlines of the whole "interest" Manchester United have had in Paulo Dybala we can see that the player was never really interested in going to Man Utd. There's no doubt whatsoever that the negotiations have existed because there is plenty of meticulous detail in Italy's sports papers especially the partisan Tuttosport based in Turin.

Whether it be that Dybala turned down Man Utd or that the player was asking for too much in terms of wages (that's the latest) then it obviously shows that the Dybala was never interested in moving to the Manchester based club. Instead United seem to have signed Mario Mandžukić which is a very very odd signing indeed and sounds almost like a joke considering the size of Manchester United... It's one speculative experiment after another.

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.219c5917a3d301f462818fd476f52e52.png

Man Utd chief Ed Woodward’s stance on replacing Romelu Lukaku after Juventus swap collapse

MANCHESTER UNITED chief Ed Woodward could make a late signing to replace Romelu Lukaku, despite their deal for Paulo Dybala breaking down.

By JACK OTWAY

PUBLISHED: 07:32, Mon, Aug 5, 2019 | UPDATED: 07:40, Mon, Aug 5, 2019

Manchester United star Lukaku is wanted by Juventus this transfer window, with the Serie A giants previously hoping to land the Belgium international as part of a swap that would see Dybala head in the opposite direction.

However, Express Sport understands a deal for the Argentina international has broken down and, as things stand, a move to Old Trafford is not forthcoming.

That has led to a Lukaku conundrum with the club having a big decision to make on his future.

Juventus are still keen to sign the Manchester United star, while Inter Milan’s interest has not waned.

And the Manchester Evening News says Woodward is open to making a late signing should Lukaku depart.

However, the emergence of young players means that the club ‘will not view it as a negative if they don’t replace Lukaku’.

United’s young players have flourished on their pre-season tour this summer.

Mason Greenwood has been the star of the show, finding the net in games against Leeds United and Inter Milan.

Angel Gomes has impressed with the 18-year-old poised for a big campaign.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1161840/Manchester-United-Ed-Woodward-Romelu-Lukaku-Juventus-transfer-news

• Subscriber

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I agree mate...

If we look at the timelines of the whole "interest" Manchester United have had in Paulo Dybala we can see that the player was never really interested in going to Man Utd. There's no doubt whatsoever that the negotiations have existed because there is plenty of meticulous detail in Italy's sports papers especially the partisan Tuttosport based in Turin.

You could be right buddy...:ay:

......................................................................................................................................................

"The Juventus star reportedly thinks two negative things about United and the style of football they play.

He feels, firstly, the Red Devils are too physical.

That was certainly the case under Jose Mourinho, who thought buying powerful players such as Lukaku, Paul Pogba, Eric Bailly and Zlatan Ibrahimovic would lead to success.

Solskajer, though, is keen to make United a more offensive and glamorous side than they were under his predecessor.

Dybala also thinks United ‘are not particularly offensive.’"

FULL STORY

59 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

You could be right buddy...:ay:

......................................................................................................................................................

"The Juventus star reportedly thinks two negative things about United and the style of football they play.

He feels, firstly, the Red Devils are too physical.

That was certainly the case under Jose Mourinho, who thought buying powerful players such as Lukaku, Paul Pogba, Eric Bailly and Zlatan Ibrahimovic would lead to success.

Solskajer, though, is keen to make United a more offensive and glamorous side than they were under his predecessor.

Dybala also thinks United ‘are not particularly offensive.’"

FULL STORY

I think there are two issues here that are extremely important where Manchester United and signing top quality players is concerned mate and it both issues point to a club inflicted with an identity crisis and a chaotic restructuring of the team.

The first issue is for me the head coach Ole Gunnar Solskær who although having had a positive start to his tenure last season after replacing José Mourinho, he doesn't command the respect necessary for a club that basis its identity on an international platform. This also impacts on the attraction from the world's top footballers wanting to go there. The second point for me is all associated with part of what you have quoted in your post with a total mess in terms of confectioning a team based around a project... From the moment Sir Alex Ferguson stepped down both players signed and coaches appointed have been a complete mess. Each player signed has had nothing to do with the previous player signed and the same goes for the coaches which means that nobody including potential suitors in terms of possible signings knows what the club is searching for apart from the fact of a desperate attempt to be competitive again. But just signing big names looks and is total bonkers.

• Subscriber

It's going to take a hell of a lot for Ole to be the same level as SAF was, I just hope he can so we don't end up with a bloody manager merry go round, I have never been a lover of the Glazers and never will be and Woody Woodpecker needs to piss off, so at this current time I am willing to stick with Ole and see how he gets along this season, it took a then just plain Alex Ferguson when he arrived 3 years to get his ideas rolling along starting at youth level and he avoided all of the supporters unrest and the knifes in the back routine and Ole has to do the same.

One thing Ole needs to do is stop trying to emulate SAF's way of running things when he was in charge and be his own man, football has changed a hell of a lot since the days of SAF and Wenger when they first took over Man United and Arsenal, as I said, Ole has to be his own man with his own ideas and stop listening to old-timers that have been at the club for years and the "SAF did it this way...SAF did it that way..."   

• The title was changed to Paulo Dybala - Tottenham Reportedly Agree Fee With Juventus

Doubt Spurs can afford (or would be willing) to pay his wages. I mean Manchester 'giver of crazy wages' United found his demands high. I know the lack of UCL was another reason. 

However, if this happens, then it will be quite a coup by Spurs. It might also mean Eriksen going to United. But Dybala would be better suited for Spurs than United. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Doubt Spurs can afford (or would be willing) to pay his wages. I mean Manchester 'giver of crazy wages' United found his demands high. I know the lack of UCL was another reason. 

However, if this happens, then it will be quite a coup by Spurs. It might also mean Eriksen going to United. But Dybala would be better suited for Spurs than United. 

Could have just been paper talk though about Utd finding his demands high or his demands being that high in the first place.

Tottenham seem to have always been quite stringent on their wage structure and I doubt Dybala would change that.

Just goes to show where Tottenham are compared to Utd these days. The latter really have taken a fall.

• The title was changed to Paulo Dybala - Juve to Offer New Contract
  • The topic was locked

Archived