The better place to talk football.

Joelinton Signs For Newcastle

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Signed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49039959

Newcastle United have signed striker Joelinton from Hoffenheim for a club record fee on a six-year deal.

The 22-year-old Brazilian is Steve Bruce's first signing since he was named the club's new head coach on Wednesday, replacing Rafael Benitez.

Joelinton scored 11 goals in 35 games for Hoffenheim last season, with seven of those coming in the Bundesliga.

He started his career at Brazilian side Sport Recife before moving to Germany in 2015.

The reported £35m deal smashes the previous club record fee of £20m paid for Paraguay playmaker Miguel Almiron from MLS side Atlanta United in January.

"I'm really happy to be here," said Joelinton, who will wear the number nine shirt at St James' Park. "I know it's a large investment that the club has made in me, and that comes with a huge responsibility.

"I'm highly motivated and hope to give back on the pitch."

Bruce said: "The kid has got an exciting time ahead of him. He is a smashing young player and we are obviously delighted to get him. It is been going on for a little bit now, so to get him is great for everybody.

"He has got everything that a modern-day player wants. He is big, strong and athletic, and of course he's got age on his side too which is vitally important."

• The title was changed to Joelinton Signs For Newcastle
  • Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

First commentator to call him Joe Ellington will be...?

Stuart Pearce or Paul Merson joint odds of 1/4 at the moment.

Chris Kamara next in at evens.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

So get rid of Rafa, get an inferior manager in Bruce and then sign a player for a reported £35m?

Ridiculous.

In terms of direction or strategy, he's on a par with Woodward right now xD 

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

My god, the lcfC and liverscum lots are so fucking obsessed this days. 

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Also, anyone who uses Liverscum clearly has the mind of a toddler. It's on a par with those who say Manure or Spuds or Chelski.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Whatever you say uncle tom. 

The term "Uncle Tom" is also used as a derogatory epithet for an exceedingly subservient person, particularly when that person is aware of their own lower-class status based on race

You being racist, Teso?

29 minutes ago, Stan said:

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Also, anyone who uses Liverscum clearly has the mind of a toddler. It's on a par with those who say Manure or Spuds or Chelski.

It's not even... a good... shite childish insult about the club. The club literally has the name of the city it's in in it... and that city has the word "poo" in it's name, and Liverscum is the best they could come up with? Shite effort at doing something shite and childish, demonstrates a lack of creativity to go along with the general idiocy.

Looks like he'll run at opponents. If we get 1 more attacker like that as it sounds like we might then we'll have a front 3 that could become a good counter attacking force.

Sky saying we have paid €40m cash upfront. We must be the only club who has to save up our pocket money before spending.

How awkward is this? Steve Bruce meeting/speaking to Joelinton for the first time. Joelinton doesn't even know who Bruce is at first. I find it odd when a manager has no part in a transfer, doesn't even talk to the lad to get where he's at, where the club's at, what we want etc.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

How awkward is this? Steve Bruce meeting/speaking to Joelinton for the first time. Joelinton doesn't even know who Bruce is at first. I find it odd when a manager has no part in a transfer, doesn't even talk to the lad to get where he's at, where the club's at, what we want etc.

So awkward!

It's as if Steve Bruce doesn't even realise Joelinton can speak no English as well.

The awkward look as well when the player realises 'oh shit it's the boss I better get up for this'.

18 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

So get rid of Rafa, get an inferior manager in Bruce and then sign a player for a reported £35m?

Ridiculous.

They didnt get rid of Rafa, Rafa left because he was offered 12 million a year in China.  He just said lots of shit about Ashley so the Newcastle fans would believe it, so they wouldn't say Rafa was a money grabbing cunt for leaving. 

3 hours ago, Panna King said:

They didnt get rid of Rafa, Rafa left because he was offered 12 million a year in China.  He just said lots of shit about Ashley so the Newcastle fans would believe it, so they wouldn't say Rafa was a money grabbing cunt for leaving. 

What a load of bollocks :bye:

• Subscriber

Rafa Benitez stayed longer than he had to. He stayed there through relegation despite putting up with a lot more than he should ever have to. I don't know what more could have been expected from him? He honoured his contract to the end, left at the start of the summer rather than mid-season or on the eve of the new season, most managers would have thrown their toys out of the pram long before now. A lot of them would even have fucked managing them in the Championship right off if they'd won major titles and European cups thinking it was beneath them.

... but nothing is beneath Rafa Beneathus :ph34r:.

The club had five months of contract negotiations with Rafa. Starting long before the Dalian job was even available. Rafa said himself that he decided in May that he wouldn't renew and told the club, who didn't bother trying to change his mind. In the month between then and his contract ending his agent scoped out jobs, simple as that.

Archived