talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Uli Hoeneß Retires

• Subscriber

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2019/7/23/20707577/bayern-munich-uli-hoeness-club-president-retirement-supervisory-board-chairman-herbert-hainer-adidas

Will reportedly not stand for re-election as President and wants to step down from the supervisory board as well. Former adidas CEO Herbert Hainer is expected to replace him.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, Viva la FCB said:

Yeah was literally just reading this, good news overall. Its been time for awhile now.

Kahn to replace Rummenigge in a year or two?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, nudge said:

Kahn to replace Rummenigge in a year or two?

That seems to be the case. I think KHR mentioned by 2021 he was planning to step down a little while ago? A full change of the guard is welcome at this point. 

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

It's a shame that Uli Hoeneß is obviously not famous enough for @Stan to change the topic title. 

After the rudeness from the last one, I did not think any effort of mine was required :ph34r:

I don't get why people put 'reports' or 'official' in front of any title but it's perhaps a personal gripe/mild ODC of mine. Nothing major. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

After the rudeness from the last one, I did not think any effort of mine was required :ph34r:

I don't get why people put 'reports' or 'official' in front of any title but it's perhaps a personal gripe/mild ODC of mine. Nothing major. 

To avoid confusion/misinformation because it's only media reports and not officially confirmed facts? 

Don't mind you changing the title either way mind xD 

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, nudge said:

To avoid confusion/misinformation because it's only media reports and not officially confirmed facts? 

Don't mind you changing the title either way mind xD 

Tbh it goes back to what I mentioned to Tommy earlier in the thread before I was met with further rudeness :P 

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

And it happened, retired since yesterday evening. Hope we're spared from his comments on football from now on.

Nope, my facebook feed is full of Hoeneß quotes and statements. I'm sure he'll be even more annoying now since he has no official position and can speak even more freely. 

20 hours ago, Tommy said:

Nope, my facebook feed is full of Hoeneß quotes and statements. I'm sure he'll be even more annoying now since he has no official position and can speak even more freely. 

Sad that - I didn't know you used crapbook - spent the latter part of my career trying to persuade all the decent kids to avoid it like the plague!

• The title was changed to Uli Hoeneß Retires
  • Subscriber
On 16/11/2019 at 08:27, Tommy said:

I fear you might be right xD if that was Hoeneß with a muzzle god help us all.....

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Ha I saw that name and I thought "is this the guy at Bayern who makes stupid statements all of the time?"

Checked the comments here and... yes... yes he is the very same person.

Through entirely his own doing that seems to be what he will be remembered for, from the outside at the very least anyways. Kind of tragic in a way.

19 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Through entirely his own doing that seems to be what he will be remembered for, from the outside at the very least anyways. Kind of tragic in a way.

I mean, I'm assuming he's some sort of club legend at Bayern. But yeah, from the outside... he just looks like the guy who says stupid shite all the time. It'd be like Kenny Dalglish for us just coming out and constantly talking shite about everyone - I imagine most fans of German football would have no idea that he's the king of LFC legends... they'd just know him as some guy who says stupid shite all the time.

Gotta be shit for him that that's really his legacy to outsiders. Although part of me thinks he doesn't really give a shit.

*edit* Graham Souness should have been the example I used... because Souness is a Liverpool legend, yet people my age will probably remember him for: 1.) being the manager that's probably most responsible for our dominance of England coming to an end - the fucking idiot; 2.) CONSTANTLY saying stupid shite.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I mean, I'm assuming he's some sort of club legend at Bayern. But yeah, from the outside... he just looks like the guy who says stupid shite all the time. It'd be like Kenny Dalglish for us just coming out and constantly talking shite about everyone - I imagine most fans of German football would have no idea that he's the king of LFC legends... they'd just know him as some guy who says stupid shite all the time.

Gotta be shit for him that that's really his legacy to outsiders. Although part of me thinks he doesn't really give a shit.

Club legend is almost an understatement but youre absolutely right thats what everyone see's and hears and forms opinions about. Its hard to put into words what he has meant/done for the club and what the club achieved with him.  There have been tonnes of great stories throughout the years but unfortunately his mouthe usually takes the headlines.  I dug through the english twitter to find this i remember coming accross before his ceremony. 

EJaSI-TWsAEqqqb.png

1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

Club legend is almost an understatement but youre absolutely right thats what everyone see's and hears and forms opinions about. Its hard to put into words what he has meant/done for the club and what the club achieved with him.  There have been tonnes of great stories throughout the years but unfortunately his mouthe usually takes the headlines.  I dug through the english twitter to find this i remember coming accross before his ceremony. 

EJaSI-TWsAEqqqb.png

Is that just his time as GM? Because I looked on his wiki and he also played for Bayern for almost 10 years! He won the European Cup THREE TIMES as a player (all back to back, did not know Bayern did that) - can see what you mean by "almost an understatement."

That actually is pretty fuckin' sad about how he's probably going to be remembered by later generations.

• Subscriber
On 18/11/2019 at 13:38, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is that just his time as GM? Because I looked on his wiki and he also played for Bayern for almost 10 years! He won the European Cup THREE TIMES as a player (all back to back, did not know Bayern did that) - can see what you mean by "almost an understatement."

That actually is pretty fuckin' sad about how he's probably going to be remembered by later generations.

Yep that is just since he retired as a player. He would be considered a legend just from his playing days probably. Maybe in the future people will forget about all the shit he said? maybe? but as Tommy says maybe he just spouts off more now that hes no longer an official and further harms his reputation :what:

Archived