The better place to talk football.

Ovie Ejaria - Liverpool to Sell Youngster

• The title was changed to Ovie Ejaria - Liverpool to Sell Youngster
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
10 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Possible, he is only 21 and Gerrard does still have links with his Liverpool, saying that so does Brendan Rogers, maybe your Leicester? 

No. I mentioned Rangers as I believe he has a loan spell there last season or season before.

There's no way he's good enough for us at the moment. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Stan said:

No. I mentioned Rangers as I believe he has a loan spell there last season or season before.

There's no way he's good enough for us at the moment. 

Again possible but Rangers are packed up with mid-field player's and he did play for the Gers in 2018/19 but Gerrard must have just let him go for some reason.

download.thumb.png.8b171912ea6bcc27a9419ab5b0b93f35.png

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I wish! He’s likely going to a championship club for around £3m

The way you sell players, it'll be more like £30m xD 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

The way you sell players, it'll be more like £30m xD 

I can only hope. I don’t think this’ll be like Ward (highly rated from his time out on loan winning promotion, reportedly it was very close between him and Mignolet as to who would be our long term backup), Ibe (hit a really hot run of form with us and looked like he’d be one hell of a prospect, we just sold at the right time) or Solanke (I actually think he’s a good player just a shit finisher/decision maker in the final third - he probably needs more first team football in the championship to learn - but he’s got all the potential to do well).

My reasoning is that while those other three (other than arguably Solanke) had a better track record before they left us. With Ward especially he’d had a successful loan spell and then had a year where no bad moments could tarnish anyone’s view of him - meanwhile Mignolet just lost his starting spot so Ward was worth more to buying clubs. So why not sell the player who brings in more?

But Ejaria ending his loan spell early from Rangers just creates the impression he couldn’t hack it in Scotland. And saying you feel homesick in Scotland and you want to come back to England makes you seem a bit mentally weak - which isn’t really a great trait for a professional footballer. And I’m not saying that it’s the case wing Ejaria, it might just be that he hated Glasgow or had personal issues that we’re just not privy to. But that’s just the impression coming back from Rangers creates, especially with the reasoning given to us in the press.

• The topic was locked

Archived