353.gif

Friday 2nd August, 2019
Luton vs Middlesbrough, 19.45 (Sky)

Saturday 3rd August, 2019
Barnsley vs Fulham
Blackburn vs Charlton
Brentford vs Birmingham
Milwall vs Preston
Nottingham Forest vs West Brom, 17.30 (Sky)
Reading vs Sheff Weds
Stoke vs QPR
Swansea vs Hull
Wigan vs Cardiff

Sunday 4th August, 2019
Bristol City vs Leeds, 16.30

Monday 5th August, 2019
Huddersfield vs Derby, 19.45

354.gif

AFC Wimbledon vs Rotherham
Blackpool vs Bristol Rovers
Burton vs Ipswich
Bury vs MK Dons
Coventry vs Southend
Doncaster vs Gillingham
Lincoln vs Accrington Stanley
Peterborough vs Fleetwood
Shrewsbury vs Portsmouth
Sunderland vs Oxford
Tranmere vs Rochdale
Wycombe vs Bolton

355.gif

Bradford vs Cambridge
Carlisle vs Crawley
Colchester vs Port Vale
Crewe vs Plymouth
Exeter vs Macclesfield
Forest Green vs Oldham
Leyton Orient vs Cheltenham
Morecambe vs Grimsby
Newport vs Mansfield
Northampton vs Walsall
Salford vs Stevenage, 12.30 (Sky)
Scunthorpe vs Swindon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decided not to renew my membership to watch Pompey matches for the first time in years. It's not cheap and with a family, it's gotten harder to watch all the matches. 

Regardless, losing Lowe is a massive blow, but I hope Pompey can continue to move on and fight again for promotion. 

Crucial for Rovers this despite it being the opening day, we have a dismal 6 or 7 league games after this and our defence is attrocious so we have to hit the ground running and then some. From what I have seen and heard Charlton aren't in the best position going into the new season so hopefully that and home advantage will inspire us. I have no doubt though Mowbray will pick the same old tepid shite he has done for the past few months - Mulgrew, Bennett, Evans, etc. despite us having a wealth of younger, keener, better players to choose from. Could be in for a very long one if we get anything less than a comprehensive win with a lot of new blood.

Still no guarantees we'll even be playing in 6 days time. 

Prospective buyers haven't signed on the dotted line (something to do with not being able to reach terms regarding the hotel, a separate legal entity in admin with a different administrator). 

We've got a few kids left, but won't be allowed to play a youth XI as it would 'undermine the integrity' of the EFL. The handful of senior contracted players are still effectively on strike as they're still waiting to be paid the past 5 months' wages (which can only happen on final takeover). 

This week is going to be painful.

• Administrator

Bury's opening League One game, at home to Milton Keynes Dons on Saturday, has been suspended - but Bolton Wanderers' match at Wycombe can go ahead.

The Shakers failed to meet Monday's 17:00 BST deadline set by the English Football League to provide evidence of the club's financial viability.

However, the EFL said it had suspended the game "reluctantly".

Bolton's submissions satisfied the EFL that they can meet the requirements of the league, with a takeover expected.

Is it really that time to suffer another 9 months of pain and suffering?

Tough start.

Away at a fellow promotion contender, on the TV, home team will be pumped for our visit given the club's stature in the league etc

Not even kicked a ball of the new season and we have no Ayling or Roofe who are two nailed on starters.

Roofe is a big loss because he presses so well and links up the play to a tee. Bamford will need to silence the boo boys early. I see him struggling.

Berardi will replace Ayling but doesn't offer the same threat going forward.

Then there's no Pontus. Never replaced. So it looks as though young Ben White will be chucked in for his debut. I worry about the defence, I really do.

One thing you would expect from us is to be fit and raring to go. Bielsa has murdered them pre season but they knew what to expect this time round.

With the Elland Road backing last season, we proper murdered Stoke. No home advantage this time but I would expect us prepped, let off the traps and disappointed if it was anything less than a draw.

• Subscriber

Stupidly booked my weeks holiday for next week and flying on Saturday so missing the first matches and I'm gutted. Hoping we can kick start the season with a really good result and look like a much stronger team with the signings we've made and get the goals.

Season's not even a day old yet and I'm sick of the BBC and Sky's perpetual hard on over Salford. We've got another nine months and beyond of this. Still convinced the League Cup draw was rigged so Sky could jizz themselves inside out.

On 28/07/2019 at 16:12, tlr said:

Crucial for Rovers this despite it being the opening day, we have a dismal 6 or 7 league games after this and our defence is attrocious so we have to hit the ground running and then some. From what I have seen and heard Charlton aren't in the best position going into the new season so hopefully that and home advantage will inspire us. I have no doubt though Mowbray will pick the same old tepid shite he has done for the past few months - Mulgrew, Bennett, Evans, etc. despite us having a wealth of younger, keener, better players to choose from. Could be in for a very long one if we get anything less than a comprehensive win with a lot of new blood.

And surprise, surprise we start with the same primary school level back four we had last year, now with a 35 year old Stewart Downing on the left flank too for good measure. God help us. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived